4.0 out of 5 stars Love bobble bottles

3.0 out of 5 stars Form over function
Published 17 months ago by Mr. Mj Gregory

3.0 out of 5 stars Form over function, 30 Jun 2013
Mr. Mj Gregory (Cambridgshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bobble BPA-Free 1 Litre Water Bottle, Navy (Kitchen & Home)
These bottles look great and the idea of filtered water sounds like a brilliant plan. It isn't quite as good as it should be though. The filter makes drinking the water a much more difficult task than you'll be used to (much more suck required for much less fluid) and the bottle tends to collapse under the pressure or from you squeezing it. This means that the smooth sleek shape soon gets ridges and start to shows signs of material stress (white streaks). The filters also "need" replacing regularly so its not as good for the environment as you might hope...it might be better just using the tap and an old bottle?

4.0 out of 5 stars Love bobble bottles, 6 Mar 2014
Good bobble bottle, sometimes leaks but not always. Really good size. I got bought one for my birthday, then bought for for my other half who lives in Brighton, and his tap water is horrible. Bought him this and now the tap water is pleasantly drinkable! Recommend bobble bottles to everyone. Note - they are a tad hard to drink out of, bit more effort than usual to drink, but not a real issue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the dishwasher, 22 Sep 2014
P. Smith - See all my reviews
This was great until someone put it in the dishwasher.
Do not put this in the dishwasher.
You will not be happy if you do - neither will the water bottle.
It is made of un-dishwasher-proof plastic.
I think there's a tiny symbol somewhere on it that suggests this fact.
Anyway... don't put this in the dishwasher.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but less practical, 9 July 2014
The product is designed beautiful. The water is filtered when you drink from it. You have to suck heavily to drink from it and need to squeeze the bottle. The last ounces are almost impossible to drink. So around 1/8th of the water is useless. You have to be very careful when tightening the cap- not to leak.
A nice product but less useful.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 9 Jun 2014
I am actually not using the bottle anymore - it's just very uncomfortable to drink from. You have to suck really hard, surely drinking water should not be a hard work to do? My friends laugh, and say it makes you work for your drink!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 23 April 2014
I purchased this as I needed a large water bottle for work (I'm unable to leave my workspace to refill glasses, etc.) and I wanted something that would look nicer than your average plastic water bottle. I had seen Bobble bottles mentioned elsewhere online, so thought I'd get one as they have the added benefits of filtering the water as you drink it. Oh, and they're BPA-Free.

I really like the curvy design of the bottle, and it's squeezable which makes drinking from it a doddle. I read some of the other reviews which said it was noisy to drink from, but I don't find it that noisy - no more so than your average sports-cap bottles.

I chose the blue filter, although as you can get replacement filters I may very well choose a different colour next time. The filter makes the water taste really clean, just like the mineral water on sale in shops but better, as you know it's as fresh as it can be. Maintenance-wise, the bottle is easy to clean (you can even buy Bobble Brushes!) and the filter just needs a gentle wash to clean the mouthpiece.

Very pleased with this purchase, it will save me money on buying any bottled drinks and is eco-friendly - the bottle can be recycled with the household recycling, and according to the Bobble website you can send the filters off to Bobble UK HQ for recycling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bottle, everyone should have one!, 23 April 2014
N. Simpson "honey bunny" (west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
A friend of mine had one and I found it easy to hold even when it was full, so I had to get one of my own. How did I manage without it before?! Water tastes great out of it and I am in the sound knowledge that it is filtering all the unwanted chemicals out of my drinking water. Lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really makes me want to drink water, 29 Nov 2013
Makes water fun! Cannot recommend enough! Ditch the Starbucks and use this you won't regret it! Looks really cool and washes easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars BPA Free :), 30 Aug 2013
I bought this bottle as I am making alot of changes to my lifestyle in the health department and I am glad I invested in this bottle. Handy, good quality and most important BPA Free :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 18 Jun 2013
It met my expectation and everybody likes it as well. But the price can be made a bit low thanks.