5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational
absolute sheer class. armins mix is very euphoric and catchy trance, some absolute stellar tracks on his mix.

paul oakenfolds mix was for me the weaker of the five cds. theres some absolute classic tracks here and credit to him doing new mixes but some just dont work for me. southern sun being the biggest dissapointment.

markus shultz makes me want...
Published on 23 Jun 2011 by Mr. Carl S. Toolan

2.0 out of 5 stars Partial Review - Disc 2 Oakenfold
Published on 21 Aug 2011 by Kal

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational, 23 Jun 2011
Mr. Carl S. Toolan "sanchezz4387" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A State of Trance 500 (Audio CD)

markus shultz makes me want to drop everything and rave hard. i can definately picture myself jumping up and down to his mix its bassy its harder than disc one and 2 and definately gives you an uplift.

cosmic gate do a very good mix which for me was a mixture of what armin and markus bring to the table. its not soft and euphoric but it isnt excessively hard either its just spot on in between.

andy moor, cant really say too much yet as im struggling to get around to listening to it thanks to the armin and markus mixes. my first impression though is its a completely different sound and i dont know if it is too my liking yet i shall have to give it another try.

all in all the this album is a bargain and one of the best trance albums i own. forget dave pearce and gatecrasher this is the proper stuff....enjoy :D :D :D

5.0 out of 5 stars One large package., 5 July 2011
Ewan Law "Judges view" (Dublin) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A State of Trance 500 (Audio CD)
Ok so the c.d. is a bit on the pricey side but what you get is 5 c.d's mixed by 5 of the biggest music producers in dance music. This plays out like a mix between the latest and the greatest hits in trance. Personally I thought the Cosmic gate mix was excellent and if anything I was slightly underwhelmed by the Markus Shulz mix. This is probably because I am such a fan of his work. A personal favorite is the track Oakenfold finishes his mix with. A track by the name of Access, dating all the way back to 1996. This tune will make hairs stand on the back of your neck. So to finish This is an album all trance fans should buy if they can afford it. Heaven knows the dj's need the money. Lol

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome collection of top trance, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: A State of Trance 500 (Audio CD)
well i am still listening to this. as it so good. if you like trance. you will gobsmacked. as its well put together some songs i heard some i have'nt. but all in all. a cd compilation. well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASOT 500 - A great Trance collection!!, 12 April 2013
Steve.J (Glos. UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A State Of Trance 500 (MP3 Download)
As someone who is a bit 'long in the tooth' to show their face in a club any more, but still loves good trance / dance music, I think that this 5 disc compilation is one of my real favourites right now and if you like this music style then I would recommend that you give it a listen!

I bought it originally as an MP3 download from Amazon, after hearing a few samples on some obscure internet radio show, esp. the final GAIA track on the first CD. Also it was a bargain on Amazon and the track listing caught my eye. After a couple of listens, I was lucky enough to find a second hand CD set (also on Amazon), and bought that to have the CDs to play on my Hi-Fi unit, for the improved sound quality over MP3. I am old enough to still prefer a 'hard copy' of music and the packaging that goes with it.

As always, check out the track listing first, as the 5 sets do contain more than a few older 'classics', but to my mind do not suffer for it. This is a very personal choice, so you may not feel this is for you. Personally, I like a mix of old and newer tracks in a compilation set and overall it is done very well. Also some of the mixes were new (to me anyway) so I was more than happy with them. I have put the track listing in the comments section, in case you want to look.

Do give the samples a listen on the Amazon MP3 site, hopefully you will not be disappointed. My personal favourites are CD1 ARMIN VAN BUUREN and CD4 COSMIC GATE, but to my mind it is a pretty solid collection overall. There are a couple of tracks that I would take out from the sets, as they are not favourites of mine, but I am loathe to do so as the package works well as a whole.

All 5 albums just fit onto 1CD as MP3s (dependent upon bit rate) and I had it cranked well up on a 4 and a half hour drive to Cornwall - the time just flew by!! ( my wife did insist that I turned it down a bit after 2 hours though!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5X TOP CLASS TRANCE, 6 July 2012
This review is from: A State of Trance 500 (Audio CD)
Exellent value 5 top class trance cds in one. This is not a bunch of less popular flung together mixes but the best DJs doing their thing.
Armins CD is worth the money alone and is one of the best of his mixes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent must have for trance fans, 24 May 2012
This review is from: A State of Trance 500 (Audio CD)
Excellent. 5 CDs, Armins mix is brilliant, definitely Armin at his best, Cosmic gate excellent, although went a strange with a couple of tunes mid way though, Paul Oakenfold CD is good, couple of classics, Markus Schulz CD is my least favourite, a little dark but still worth a listen and Andy Moor CD is Good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 14 Sep 2011
Very Nice Set!
Amazing ASOT!!
AVB & Comic Gate, My 2 Favourites on this one!

Worth the money and the sound itself"!

2.0 out of 5 stars Partial Review - Disc 2 Oakenfold, 21 Aug 2011
This review is from: A State of Trance 500 (Audio CD)
I am huge Paul Oakenfold fan and so it's disappointing to report that the 2nd disc of this album is far from good. As someone who lived through the 90's listening to Oakie this set just doesn't hang together. There's a lot of old tunes, many of which I really like, but they don't really come together into a flowing set. I don't think some of the remixes help bring it together too. The set doesn't give the impression a whole lot of thought went into making a coherent mix. It sounds like it was a case of throwing some old tunes together people will recognise and that'll do. Such a stark comparison to 'Never Mind the Bollocks' which is a fine effort by comparison, esp. disc 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dezzified!!, 24 Jun 2011
This review is from: A State of Trance 500 (Audio CD)
Not disappointed at all with this cd, amazing mixes from new and classic trance an dance tracks, an absolute must for any armin van buran fans out there along with the other djs. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars A Grumpy Old Man's view., 15 July 2012
R. F. Hawkins - See all my reviews
This review is from: A State Of Trance 500 (MP3 Download)
Clearly, you're considering purchasing this because you're reading the reviews. Therefore I suggest that you go ahead and then make up your own mind. However, I will offer you my personal and very subjective view of these 5 "versions" of a theme. You can't possibly sit down for over 6 hours, listening to one after the other, and come to any conclussion as to who's best. Your mood and state of mind will affect your perception and therefore, enjoyment.

I listened to each version 3 times, in the morning, evening and late at night. Conclussion? They are all good, very good, but doing this proved to me that they were all great late in the evening whilst others are equally as good at other times of day and very mood dependent. Were I to be asked to select just one and then only pay say 4 for the CD or download, I wouldn't be able to come to a decision, so having bought all 5, I'm very happy and have no regrets. Only you will decide which is the best version but don't let that stop you listening to the other 4, from time to time.

My friends refer to me as a Grumpy Old Man and I'm proud of that because I always tell it as it is. So, don't take my word for how good or bad these compilations are. If you can afford it, buy it and don't waste time reading reviews because they're only the writer's personal opinion. Make up your own mind!

ARRAY(0xb0b90a50)