Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.52

on 4 April 2012
I stumbled across this series whilst browsing for some French Chick Lit and am very glad I did. Firstly, I am a fan of the genre and so the tone and subject matter is right up my street. Secondly I am so glad that I've found something that I can read in French that not only holds my attention, but is not so difficult that I have to stop and look stuff up all the time whilst teaching me new wee phrases and verbs that I previously didn't know.

The stories are short, which for me is a bit of a minus cos I'd like more. However, I do understand the author's reasoning to keep them short so as to not overwhelm the readers who may be more beginner level. That could be remedied by writing something longer for the intermediates and I may suggest that (since she replied to my email and so naturally we are now best friends lol)

I would recommend this series to my fellow chick lit lovers who are perhaps studying French like myself and looking for something to fill a huge gap in the market. The writing isn't to the standard of say a Marian or a Sophie, but they are enjoyable enough and I am just happy that they exist and can bring together my two favourite pastimes
on 15 August 2011
I'm just learning French, total and utter beginner, and am reading everything I can get my hands on. I started with Easy French Reader Il Fait Beau I (French Edition) and am also using Easy French Reader w/CD-ROM: A Three-Part Text for Beginning Students (Easy Reader Series) (but it's a bit dry). I picked this based on the reviews and I have to say I'm not disappointed.

Ok, I have to lookup at least one or two words per sentence, and at least a few times I've had to refer to the English translation in the back, but I have to say that I am learning SO much, as I hoped I would.

I'm so excited about being able to read real French (and not even super-simple French like in Il Fait Beau) that I've just bought the sequel (at £3, what's not to love?) and dropped by here to leave a review.

Note to the publisher: I would love a paper copy of these books. More please!
on 18 April 2012
Whilst the French was easy to read the story was ridiculously short, to the point that I had to check whether I had downloaded it all. However for beginners it is a good book and the test questions at the end of each chapter are helpful to check your understanding.
on 25 October 2012
this book is a great way to learn French. I had fun reading it and didn't have the impression to be "working" on improving my French. The words and expressions employed are simple yet right and well chosen (my girlfriend who is French confirms that it is a good quality book). This book can appeal to both men and women as it has a very close to real life story with its ups and downs, all added together with a funny touch.
highly recommended!
on 11 March 2013
Bought this for my 24 year old daughter to help her French. It's a kind of French Brigette Jones written simply but in a natural, lively way to engage the reader. Perfect for improving confidence in the language whilst having fun. Notes at the end of each chapter help the learning process without interfering with the fun of the storyline. Would recommend for girls and women wanting to enjoy brushing up their French.
on 5 March 2013
This is the first book in the series and it hooked me enough to read all the other books. I really does help with your reading. I am now beginning to enjoy learning French, knowing that there are interesting books like this to read.
on 12 August 2013
I have ordered this book to help me improve my French, i am intermediate level and have been learning for 3 years. I really enjoy the stories in this series and find the question and answer sections at the end of each chapter really useful for testing my understanding. It has a translation also after each chapter so can be helpful for clarifying meanings.
on 3 December 2012
A short and uncomplicated tutor. Excellent for beginners, or those wishing to revise after a long break from the language.
on 19 February 2015
A funny wonderful way to improve one's Conversation skills on a day to day basis with out making any great effort. Very useful layout of translation and memory recall And great to have the lists for reference to bone up on anything one forgets. Merci ......
Ingrid
on 18 September 2013
I bought this as a Kindle book and I find that the level is okay for me - I can understand most, but not all, so I feel I'm being stretched. Some of the words that I've never encountered before are translated in the margins. The story lines are a little weak, but I guess that's inevitable if the author is to keep the learning level at the right pitch.

However, I am frustrated by the way the English translation is shown. What I'd really like to see is one page of French followed by one page of English translation so that I could toggle between the two (on my tablet or PC I would see them side by side). As it is, it's translated by chapter - ie, one chapter in French and then the translation follows.

This is the only reason I gave this rating a 3 - the content is good and I will persevere.