on 26 October 2011
I bought this beater when it first came out, and now having used it on many, many occasions, I have to say, I never have had to scrape the bowl down, I have used it on the steel bowl and the glass bowl, it works perfectly on both. It also really gets to the dead spot at the base of both bowls. I only needed to adjust it to the bowls a little bit when I first used it with them. I have not used the original beater since. A great invention.
0Comment28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2013
I bought this for my mother and was shocked at the plastic rubbish that was sent to her for her birthday-
I have a genuine kitchenaid flex edge and love it!
She was sent a photocopy of the KitchenAid paperwork and a truly shocking product.
It does fit into the mixer, but is worth about 99 pence and does not mix anything-
We have returned it and would not recommend anybody else buying from this supplier!
11 comment41 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2012
This is so much better than the original beater. It incorporates all the ingredients without having
to keep scraping round the bowl. Should come as standard.
on 30 April 2013
This item is made of plastic and is not kitchen aid. The instruction manual is a photocopy. Do not buy this item!! If i could give it no stars I would.
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 December 2012
Well this has done me out of a job,it should definately be advertised and sold in the diet and weight loss section.
on 5 December 2014
I bought this because I was getting annoyed with unmixed ingredients getting stuck on the side of the metal bowl. Having read some of the reviews, I was a bit worried as some of them were negative, but it's fine. It is a genuine KitchenAid product, exactly the same quality as the other accessories and it does the job perfectly. I'm very happy and would recommend this beater to anyone.
on 30 November 2012
Makes life so easey with this attachment it should be a must buy making cakes saves so much time as you do not have to scrape the side of the bowl
on 8 November 2013
I've just bought a new KitchenAid and couldn't wait to get one of these new beaters, it sounded like the best thing since sliced bread for someone who makes cakes regularly. It was such a disappointment I had to write a review because I'm sorry to say this is a big waste of money. As another reviewer mentioned, it simply scrapes the mixture up the sides of the bowl, collects along the spatula edge and leaves a 'frill' of mixture along the top. It actually creates more work than the normal beater because you not only have to keep scraping the bowl, you have to scrape the nooks and crannies of the beater too. The beater the KitchenAid comes with does a perfectly adequate job, I wish I hadn't been tempted to splash out on this.
on 6 December 2011
A very useful addition to the KitchenAid Artisan.
The standard beater bis fine for most work but the Flex Edge works really well when you have a mix that needs to be eased away from the bowl a little more cleanly. Another great product from KitchenAid.
on 10 February 2013
Bought to use with my "Grundig" stand mixer and I must say it works really well, the sides are not perfectly clean but you don't need to keep stopping the machine to scrape down as you do with the ordinary beater blade.