on 13 December 2015
Very well made as you would expect. Good solid addition to the Kitchen Aid collection my wife seems to be accumulating, at my expense I might add. I think this will last well if treated right, much like my wife. It does not quite work in the glass bowl, it seems to be a little small for that, perfect in the steel bowl though. It does not improve the taste of the cakes, nor does it make the user a better baker but it does make things easier.
on 5 December 2014
I bought this because I was getting annoyed with unmixed ingredients getting stuck on the side of the metal bowl. Having read some of the reviews, I was a bit worried as some of them were negative, but it's fine. It is a genuine KitchenAid product, exactly the same quality as the other accessories and it does the job perfectly. I'm very happy and would recommend this beater to anyone.
on 6 May 2016
Absolutely fantastic. I used to find that creaming butter and sugar in my kitchenaid would leave a layer of butter around the bowl that I would then need to reincorporate with a silicone spatula (firstworldproblems), that is now all in the past, the silicone edge makes sure that everything is incorporated beautifully and the bowl sides scraped clean with every pass. The only complaints I get are from my girlfriend because there is now less mix left to lick out of the bowl.
on 9 May 2016
When I cream butter and sugar it normally means, stopping the machine and scraping down the sides. Not a serious problem, but with this edge beater I'm freed to get on with other things. Definitely an advantage for the home baker, plus, it's a genuine part.
on 30 November 2012
Makes life so easey with this attachment it should be a must buy making cakes saves so much time as you do not have to scrape the side of the bowl
on 17 February 2013
I had hoped this would alleviate the need to stop and scrape down the bowl with a spatula during cake mixing, but it doesn't. It certainly scrapes the sides of the bowl, but the mixture collects in a horizontal line above the reach of the beater.
on 27 January 2012
I should have bought this years ago and it should come with the mixer as standard. This beater did exactly what it said how have I coped with out it, and no scrapping down was needed and picked up all the ingredients in the bowl no problem which mixed in half the time and made the sponge cake I made so light.
I only hope the paint doesnot come off as with the other one and I donot put it in the dishwasher either.
on 15 August 2013
I bought this item as a spare as I also have a sideswipe. I love the sideswipe but it's a pain to scrape the batter off the beater so I thought i'd try this one. It is okay but it tends to push the ingredients upward so i still have to stop and scrape it down anyway. (No different from the original beater)..
on 3 April 2013
Didn't find the edge beater any better that the one supplied with mixer!
Would return it if I could !!!!
on 22 March 2016
This blade is far superior to the standard blade which come with the KitchenAid. Bought this originally because I'd chipped the first one and saw it being used on the bake off. Have found the because it scrapes the sides as it goes you are not having to stop and start as often. Shame this isn't the once that comes with the mixer!