4.0 out of 5 stars A book you want to read again and again
Published on 15 May 2011 by Mrs. Patricia M. Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor
This is a haphazard attempt to describe the topic of consciousness.

Published 23 months ago by Dr.T.Hussain

4.0 out of 5 stars A book you want to read again and again, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Quantum Physics, Near Death Experiences, Eternal Consciousness, Religion, and the Human Soul (Kindle Edition)
I am not even half- way through this book and I am already looking forward to reading it again. The author has a way of communicating that makes one feel he is talking in your head, rationalising the most complicated theories that you may have thought you understood completely, to make you realise that you are actually accepting others's opinions without looking deeper yourself. I already have a different outlook on life and feel like my mind is opening to other realities. Not being a spiritual person in any way I am reading his words and marvelling at his talent of harnessing his thoughts and ideas into a rational dialogue that is both entertaining and hugely educationsl in many fields. I will keep this book forever and hopefully read it many times in the hope that proof will come in my lifetime. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because of the amount of spelling and grammatical errors, not overwhelming but irritating to someone who is distracted by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible read, 2 Aug 2012
This book gave me a real faith when i had none.Something concrete that i can believe in a scientific and spiritual sence..It made me realise how conditioned i was by out dated human ideas and i have found a peace of mind from reading this book... I have realised what a pain in the arse my babbling mind is and how much you work against yourself... It has made me take the first step towards believing in the messiah which i would have laughed at before i read this book, still cant believe i wrote that...

4.0 out of 5 stars Badly written, but thought provoking, 28 Jan 2012
I am an avid reader of all things related to quantum physics, religion and philosophy so the title of this book appealed to me from the first. I read it through and enjoyed it, but I have found it hard to rate as on one hand it is sooo badly written it is hard to take seriously, but on the other hand it is very thought provoking about the nature of reality and the truly weird nature of quantum physics.

Firstly the bad stuff: It is hard to ignore the typos, lack of coherent structure and somewhat random discourses on a wide range of topics ranging from the author's dog to religions to NDEs. I am no poet laureate myself but I found it undermined the author's credibility. The author's writing style is also quite arrogant imo ("you have to be a chemist like me who has had multiple NDEs to refute my arguments"). Worse for me however was how current thinking on quantum physics (largely lifted from Wiki it seems) was mixed with the author's speculation backed by some very suspect maths/logic. I particularly enjoyed "time is inifite, we are not, therefore we don't exist as n/inifinty is zero" stuff....

However, and I am not sure why, but I enjoyed reading it. It is also thought provoking and caused me to explore new topics in the area.

So, in summary, if you are looking for a more technical/mainstream discussion on quantum physics then there are many better books, but if you want something to challenge how you look at the world then it is a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not sure of the authors intentions, 8 Oct 2012
This book started out excellent, I have been studying for many years and for me the scientific element of this book has certainly explained a lot. Some reviews say that the author has an abrupt probably self centred approach, yet I can see why. He has to be this way to explain what others can't explain or are not willing to explain. There is some maths but for a layman such as myself I can get my head around that and understand the meanings. From this point of view then I would give the author more than 5 stars if I could.
However as you read the second part of the book you can't help but feel you are being sold something. The author does make it clear that religion is a construct and this ties neatly in with the first half of the book he also states regardless of your religion or belief it is all about faith and again this ties in very well with the hard data of quantum physics. But the second half feels a little like a bible bashing session. The author does state that he uses Christianity in the original text not the misinterpreted text to explain as he knows this the most. But it for me was spoilt with Jesus this that and the other, god as in He and translations for the testaments. In all fairness it started to sound a little hypocritical at times and if the author could understand that what he describes so well to start with he later steeps in dogma and this finite comprehension of our physical selves and works with a construct of mans own words to describe an infinite place, and if he could be neutral instead this would be a master piece. I have no doubts about this mans work or what he has experienced but the last part of the book started to feel like I was somehow being setup, brainwashed for want of a better word. The author goes into detail about this and describes cults and red neck preachers but in some sense the author does this himself in a very clever way. He talks about mainstream religions and their translations and he connects himself with Christianity which gives me some doubts, I am not anti Christian or anti any other religion but most of Christianity at least in modern translation was taken from other religions. What the author hear discusses in terms of energy and forces, what happens after we physically die,
Healing, spirits, time and so on was being practiced by our ancestors well before Christianity but was then outlawed by Christianity and all those who practiced such things were burnt at the stakes. I believe in a higher place, an infinite domain and yes I like what the author says and how he explains this and what he says is true, what he says about healing is correct, what he says about reality is hard data and once you open your mind hard to accept anything else. But it is spoilt by his own belief which he tells us doesn't really matter as faith is the true meaning but it is his own belief that keeps getting discussed.
This book is an eye opener and it is a must read for those who want answers to questions but want some truth and fact and not mumbo gumbo bible bashes with another itinerary but be careful of the second part it gets a bit pushy on a Christian definition framework. New age in it's truest form is not about starring at crystals and looking for answers where none can be found, some will do that and if that's what they want to do then let them be. Hey witches heal so don't make reference that even witches can be healed and sound surprised. Please check your history on the Pagan religion before making comments it was around a long time before your religion. In fact I find that for such an obviously well educated man you miss the point yourself that you are so clearly stating in your book. You bring misinterpretation and dogma to what could be a master piece by using the wrong words.
I am sorry for probably myself being blunt but I believe in what you are stating and you explain very very well but then upset the whole thing by relating this to your own physical construct and interpretation or perception, you are by doing this putting these your perceptions into other people's brains and I do not think for one minute that this s your intention, or I certainly hope it isn't.
An excellent read and fascinating and please read it and see if you feel the same as you reach the second half.

4.0 out of 5 stars near death experiences, 31 Oct 2013
I found this to be a very interesting book . worth a read if you like this sort of subject

5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional, 13 May 2011
jane - See all my reviews
Hats off to William bray. I am an electronics engineer who has been studying quantum physics and the bizarre implications of reality for over 20 years so I have read more than a handful of books from the very best physicists out there. Over the years an emergent intuition arises in your inner psyche about the fundamental truth of reality and I can say that this book hits on every aspect. This is by far the best book I have ever read on this subject and would recommend this book gets a 5 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXPLAINING THE SOUL AND THE PHYSICAL UNIVERSE, 2 Oct 2011
Review by Dina Grutzendler

William Joseph Bray, creates the book around the double-slit experiment that proved

that matter and energy can display characteristics of both waves and particles

The light (wave) when measured, collapses into particle (photon), which is the same

than saying that consciousness would be like the light-wave eternal infinite that

by observing, collapses into finite particles. Matter would only exist when

observed by consciousness , while consciousness remains everywhere, at all

times,infinite and eternal. This is derived from a proven experiment made by

precise physics

That is why when we are confined to the collapsed finite universe, which we observe

from our consciousness, we live with limited perceptions in measured time and space.

But when we abandon the collapsed universe and return to our infinite eternal

consciousness, past, present and future are simultaneous .

The author knows this because he lived it, through his many near-death experiences

So we have here a unique opportunity to be in touch with a physicist, who at the same

time has "traveled" to the "other world" and returned, to offer us his experience, and

analyze it with his knowledge as scientist.

He also teaches us methods of his design,to heal. Due to his experience as a musical

instruments teacher, he knows that practice will ultimately lead you to success.

He has cured doggies, with the respect he feels for "all life", including these little but

loving souls.

After following the difficult and complex path of physics he arrives at the conclusion

that the ultimate truth of God is love and wisdom.

If you slowly read this book, and concentrate, you will have a new experience about how

to live your life

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 27 Aug 2012
This is a haphazard attempt to describe the topic of consciousness.

The beginning is very slow. From the onset, all you seem to read is pages and pages about how different this book is, how knowledgeable the author is (proclaimed by himself)and how good the next few chapters are going to be. But, just when the real meaty bit is about to begin, 'Jesus' and 'love' (with a capital 'L' might I add) appears. For me, this is at best the musings of a new-age Christian hippy.

I have given one star to the author for going through the effort of actually producing a book. Don't spend your 1.50 here.

1.0 out of 5 stars an impossible read, 16 Jun 2014
It would seem that English is not the first language of the author of this book. It's faulty sentence structure and random use of punctuation make it nearly impossible to determine what is meant. His writing seems more like a rant than an explanation. Its organization is a run-on conglomeration of small essays filled with repetition and dead ends. I had to return this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Assuming Wormholes!, 21 Jan 2012
Tom Stoppard's Lead Player in "Rosenkrantz & Guildenstern are Dead" said "Truth all depends upon one's assumptions" and this is relevant to this wild ride. The author admits to having consumed drugs; was this in pursuit of science? There are points in this book that make one wonder if it has had a permanent effect - at least by the number of typos in his own script despite saying he eliminated them from imported text extracts of NDEs. His own final acceptance of Christianity and is akin to many who struggle with agnosticism finally favouring one religion or another. Interesting, but too anthropomorphic for me. Darwinists claim we have evolved, but the path from slime molds to mankind is beyond tracing. The path forward is as indefinable in the future as a photon's choice of slot, as we move beyond our lives on this planet.