on 8 May 2011
Perfection in every way. I'm no Royalist at all, but what a wonderful day this was for everyone to enjoy in their own way. Me, well I enjoyed every second of the music in Westminster Abbey, and this album is a special piece of music to listen to and reflect on ... particularly the captivating "This Is The Day" ...
on 22 June 2011
A great souvenier of this magnificent occasion. Very well edited and some of the most moving English music in the setting of Westminster Abbey. The supporting CD has evidence of the presence of the congreation, but perhaps this adds to the atmosphere of the occasion.
on 7 June 2011
I was horrified that not only did Decca not supply us with photographs of the wedding on the sleeve notes they couldnt even be bothered to label the two cds correctly ???
As the previous reviewer stated a very ordinary recording to boot...!!
Luxurious? I dont think so!
Just another example of the music buying public being taken to the cleaners really
My advice buy the dvd as a keepsake forget the cds!
on 31 December 2013
bought this as treat for myself and have to say it very nice easy listening piece of music and good value..
on 17 December 2013
I did not like it, but then brought for the wife, and got a brownie point for it ; so must be alright.
on 8 March 2013
I listen to the CD all the time and I think of the wedding that I saw on TV. ++++++
on 1 March 2015
Given as a gift, not had a bad report
on 30 May 2011
How this can be described as deluxe I do not know! To do justice to this very significant event UMG should have released this album as a hybrid SACD with multi-channel sound, this would be worth buying. It is amazing that the technology exists and many have SACD players to enjoy surround sound and yet Decca chooses to celebrate this major Royal event of the 21st century with a cd, technology that is 30 years old. The ambience of Westminster Abbey and the service would sound amazing in surround, yet all they offer is two channel stereo. Not very inspiring at all.