5.0 out of 5 stars Good, well thought out exercise class.
FITNESS FOR THE OVER 50's
with Nancy Marmorat
As an experienced fitness instructor dealing with this age group I was intrigued to see what this range of DVD's offered, especially in light of one or two of the negative comments.
Published on 28 April 2012 by hilary

3.0 out of 5 stars laughing to fitness
Published 22 months ago by dillymander

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, well thought out exercise class., 28 April 2012
FITNESS FOR THE OVER 50's
with Nancy Marmorat
I was very pleasantly surprised: The instructor is obviously well trained and experienced and her two class members - because that is obviously what they are - not trained instructors - show different stages of experience. Where necessary and when she spots it, Nancy corrects moves and positioning just as we do in class. In fact because her obvious knowledge and the type of moves and exercises, I seriously wondered whether she had been trained by the organisation I belong to:,The Fitness League, but as her classes seem to be based in France I don't think she can be.
Yes, OK, the music is not what I might have chosen but that should not detract from the well thought out exercises - just follow what you are shown and you can't go far wrong.
I would recommend this series to anyone who is less than fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit hubby!, 4 Jan. 2013
Karen (Gloucester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for my husband, who is in his fifties, to encourage him to exercise.....and its worked! Most evenings he puts it on and completes the workouts. Great for people who don't have much rhythm or coordination (hubbys words not mine!) Gentle yet effective workout. Would greatly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safer than country walking in winter., 6 April 2013
This review is from: Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this DVD to inspire me during the winter when aqua aerobics was proving a bit damp and cold in the evenings. ten minutes feels like an hour but in actual fact it is quite gentle for the slightly handicapped arthritic exerciser. I need to do at least 3 bursts of activity per week and walking outside in the winter in the severe weather was proving very difficult, uncomfortable and unsafe.
This DVD enables me to exercise in the comfort of my home, in the warmth and safely.
Must admit I don't feel stiff the next day but have yet to continue to the 2nd stage of exercise. Hopefully after some days of the first 10 minute workout I will increase my times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy to follow Fitness DVD Highly recommended, 8 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD] (DVD)
I love the Active Walking work out DVD. It is so easy to follow and is suitable for the "exercise challenged" person with "two left feet"! The DVD is divided into six ten minute parts, the first three being Active Walking with lots of little extra easy to do exercise movements added into the routine to add variety to the 30 minute workout. On the side of the screen there is a handy clock timer (goes in 3 lots of 10 minutes). The fourth section concentrates on flexibility, the fifth on strengthening tummy muscles, The sixth part is on balance. I would highly recommend this DVD to anyone over 50 who wants to get fit without repercussions of extra costs for treatment with a good physiotherapist or chiropractor as you may very well do with some of the more challenging and energetic DVD workouts. This DVD may not be challenging enough for a really fit person, however it is perfect for the novice exerciser giving them a good, balanced yet gentle workout. Overall an excellent DVD to add variety to your exercise routines, great to do on rainy days when outside walking is not desirable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillient, 9 Nov. 2011
Mrs. J. A. Jervis (Bicester,Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great dvd for the over 50,s it is easy to follow and you feel like you had a good work out when you have finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for over 50s exercise at home, 10 April 2015
This review is from: Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD] (DVD)
I love this dvd, have not stopped using it, active walking uses arms and knees up, otherwise walking - is beginning to help me with weightloss and fitness levels, can do 10 min sessions, i do 3 of these each time so 30 mins , loosens you up too. not too fast or vigourous- would recommend , I am 54 and q unfit

4.0 out of 5 stars I am very happy with this purchase, 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD] (DVD)
I am very happy with this purchase. You can do the excercises in 10minute stints or all in one go depending on how much time you have.

3.0 out of 5 stars laughing to fitness, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD] (DVD)
I don't know about waliking to fitness but this dvd has me in fits of laughter. I do like it though and I have noticed I feel generally fitter. The only fault is it's like watching myself in a line dance! So often the women demonstrating the dvd can't quite get it together, just like me when trying to follow class workouts. First time I played it I had to stop I was laughing so much. As far as I'm concerned it makes it more enjoyable, watching somebody else mess it up

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Workout, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is easy to follow and doesn't ask too much of you. It gets U warmed up fairly gently with a 10 minute walking on the spot routine. I haven't carried on regularly with it, but for an older person looking to feel fitter, without overdoing things, its ideal.

3.0 out of 5 stars walk to boredom, 9 Mar. 2013
P. J. Archer "Mad about" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD] (DVD)
Give me Rosemary any day, lively music wonderful exercises, this DVD is alright for the over 80s, so dreary so boring.

Fitness for the Over 50s - Active Walking [DVD]