4.0 out of 5 stars Need for Speed: The Run
This game is excellent will keep you entertained for hours.

The graphics are pretty good and the storyline keeps you interested throughout.

There is a wide range of different cars and tracks to race though many in the "run" series are fairly easy , however if you play the challenge series to obtain a gold medal is much more challenging, and will have...
Published on 30 Dec. 2011 by Gray

3.0 out of 5 stars Short, fun, but not lasting
Need for Speed: The Run initially plays very well, it's fun and the racing is over the top with huge hand break slides, high speeds and plenty of traffic dodging. The campaign mode keeps things fresh with a new mission style throughout, although it can get a little cheap at times on harder modes with the AI deliberately preventing you gaining an advantage.

The...
Published on 31 Jan. 2012 by Max

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Need for Speed Yet, 18 Nov. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I have know idea what game the other reviewers are playing but it can't be the run....

There are a few bad points... ie the beginning sequence makes you push a bunch of buttons to escape a car, very tedious and a video would have done. Also the crashes are good but you only ever see the damage to your own car and so no satifaction destoying a camper van on the way to their jollies... The pop ups giving you info 'ie pull into a petrol station to change your car' seem to come at the worst polissble time, the only times I seem to crash are right after those bloody pop ups which thank fully are only about once per race and will hopefully stop once I've got further (3 hours into playing). My final niggle is the story line, so you escape from a car and get spotted on the run, so surely the idea is your on the run? but wait now your racing against 200 other cars, confusing and not fitting to the title and game... Oh and the Music score is pants

HOWEVER, the gameplay, graphics, controls, cars, tracks etc are STUNNING, I own a PS3 and a 360 and can hands down say I have had more fun with this than any other racing game, PERIOD, beats GT, Forza, Dirt etc etc, the graphics are stunning, the cars are gleaming and every detail is there.... I am blown away by this game....

The whole point of a game for me is to be immersed and enjoy myself and that is what this gives, it's not like GT and F1 where you need days of playing to perfect the driving skills, this is a get it out the box and play type of game, no experience required to win first time kinda thing..... Great for a Friday night when you've finsihed work and just want to kick some A$$.

And to think I got this on pre-order from Amazon for £24.99 makes me even happier (37.99 on the day of release).

Great Job, Recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating with no exploring, 23 Nov. 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Ok I respect people think its good but it's not first off there's no open world to explore second it's as frustrating as hell with one race Including getting shot at whilst having to beat the opponent and the second to last race is set up the cops only attack you they let the opponent be and tbe opponent makes perfect turns and always beats you so play if you must but be ready to rage

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 24 Feb. 2012
I love New York (Not in New York) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Im not a massive fan of racing games, however I did enjoy NFS Underound and played that a lot online.

The main problem with this games is it is just continuous stage racing and while the graphics are pretty good I found this rather tedious an have not gone back to it after a few try-outs.

3 stars from me I'm afraid

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 22 Feb. 2012
S. Hammond "Steve" (Frinton-On-Sea, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have never really been a huge fan of the "need for speed" series...although I loved Need for speed - Shift", but thought I would give this a whirl.

What I immediately noticed was the fact it's a typical E.A. presentation, where you have to wait for ages for any action to happen...menu after menu, cinematic sequences, etc etc...sometimes I feel a little less could be more, although presentation certainly is glossy.

Gameplay however I found really infuriating, whereby you have to be as quick as you can to reach a certain place...and as far up the rank of drivers as you can.

I found time and time again, it reminded me of the infuriating "burnout series".....negotiating often impossible obstacles on your way...resulting in slow-mo presentation of the crash you just had...just as in "burnout"....which I find really tends to rub my face in it, it's almost a case is "here's what you just did...which you shouldnt have done!"...

Graphics are good, sound is good, presentation if glossy, if a little long-winded, The fun aspect I found quickly dissipated, but I am sure with a lot more practice, this will prove to grow on me (hopefully not like some kind of lethal fumgus!!!)

Give it a whirl!

3.0 out of 5 stars all about speed, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
just call me naïve but I thought because everybody slagged this game off that I would like it. I like steering wheel playable games and this is not one. the idea of the game is good but the game is just that reaction driving eith no realism for me. not the worst I have bought but not a game for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 25 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I love most of the NFS games and this one is good too but its a bit short, i completed it in a couple of hours so if its just the run that you want to do and not the online features, id rent it instead of buying.

2.0 out of 5 stars Woeful attempt at a classic series., 11 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This series has been sold down the line by E.A, a lot like many other successful series and is annoying to play an unfinished game with a load of bugs. The graphics are from the frostbite 2 engine and so are alright as it can't be played to its full potential on the Xbox 360. The A.I are usually ok but sometimes catch up with from afar. The story is almost nonexistent and a complete waste of game time, with the quick time events bringing annoyance when you don't hit a button in time and you have to start it all over again. The loading times are unacceptably slow with only a few minutes of game time from each load.

Overall i wouldn't recommend this game, only until the game is able to buy for a few pounds, though the driving is somewhat fun and realistic the rest of the mechanics let the game down.

5.0 out of 5 stars need for speed, 5 Jan. 2012
R. Lewis (cornwall) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
at the moment i think it is great apert from it seems to be just you cant decide which race to do you have to go with what the game does not sure if it is better than need for speed hot pursuit yet

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Bought this game for my brothers birthday, was cheaper than most high street shops, was delivered earlier than expected and would use again for future Xbox games.

4.0 out of 5 stars really happy, 20 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
really happy with this game and amazon as my online pass dint work and i contacted amazon and they replaced via email within 20 mins really great service and game

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360)
Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)