on 25 March 2015
Superb quality- the ends are sturdy, fast shipment, and they fit nicely. For those wondering why one may 'need' an Au-Plated connector even though the component that carries the signal is the centrally located fibre optic cable in the very centre- this is probably to facilitate smooth insertion and removal, as plastic/rubber components degrade with time/head/repetitive insertion and removal. It has the right amount of friction to keep it in place, yet also slide in easily, and other metals are prone to oxidation over time. It's a bit of a flamboyance but they are charging very little extra for the privilege!

I also looked around for other Toslink cables, and this one is very competitively priced at 5m, the others charge more for an equivalent or shorter length (>2m), with inferior connectors. I hope these will last- only had them for a day but I am optimistic on this one. If in doubt always get a longer cable than you need, because fiber optic cables don't degrade the quality of the signal at long distances (at least those within domestic situations), rather than copper ones which are more susceptible to voltage drops and interference (EM) if shielding isn't up to par.
It's also nicely flexible.
on 14 September 2013
I think the reason some may say that inserting the cable can be a bit tight is probably because the connectors are metal as opposed to plastic. I did have a minor moment inserting it into my Tivo box but it went home with an audible click. The connectors on this cable are far superior to those plastic types and the audio has great clarity.
on 17 November 2013
Quality product, connects firmly into sockets and data transfer is excellent - used to connect Panasonic TV to soundbar - if you are looking for a quality Toslink cable at a good price I would highly recommend KabelDirect.
on 4 January 2014
Arrived quickly and well packed. Fitted nicely into the connections on my sky box and LG surround sound Blu-ray player and working as expected.
on 1 February 2014
Have hooked this up from my PC to a soundbar and works fine. Excellent delivery. What more can you ask for.
on 17 June 2015
works , the end connections could be better fitting but overall , work well
on 29 November 2013
Excellent product and quick delivery!
This is a good fit to both the FiiO DAC (which i bought at the same time, from Amazon) and my Samsung TV. Sound is great.
Don't forget to remove the small, clear, plastic covers on each plug, before inserting!
(And make sure that both plugs are FULLY engaged - there is a very satisfying "click" when each is fully inserted.)
0Comment25 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2013
I believe in giving a good review where the product does what you want at a price that's reasonable and this covers that exactly. I needed to hook my new tv up to my stereo amp and without a RCA or Phono plug out I used this optical and a Fiio DAC and am happy streaming through my the TV (music or movies). Sounds good enough for me.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 February 2014
This cable is well made and hascgood quality end connectors. It connects my TV to a hifi amplifier and the long length of this cable doesn't seem to unduly effect sound quality.
on 1 November 2014
Excellent! used 10m from cupboard under the stairs up behind coving down the wall and back to the TV along with other very reasonably priced 10m cables of various types all from Amazon. After being advised by the guy from Richer sounds that I need £60 HDMI cables etc. Don't waste your money on so called expensive cables especially if you need quite a few of them. Everything is suitably shielded and working perfectly.

cables used