on 15 March 2014
This book drew me in and kept me reading until I finished it over a few days. Although the beginning left me a little confused, it cleared up at the end as the author pulled the plot together..
The characters are well thought, you can relate to them well. Although I would have liked to see more development of the characters over a longer period; the plot itself races, and I much prefer that to a long, less dynamic read. I will buy the next book.
on 19 March 2015
I loved this book, to the extent that I had to stay up till 1am to finish it in one sitting. This is a great Australian heroine, competent, forthright and determined. Weighed down by the prejudice and disapproval of her 'normal' life, adventure on a distant planet is almost a relief, especially when she gets the chance to find out who she really is. The last third of the book drags a little, but all in all it was excellent and I hope to read the whole series and see how Jess develops.
on 11 August 2015
I got this book free on Kindle from the author, but I will definitely be looking to buy others of her books in future. Well executed with some nice twists that I didn't see coming. It's nice to have a 17-year-old heroine who doesn't just give in to romance. She wants to know who you are and what you're all about before she'll let you save her, even if she's fallen in love with you! Highly recommended.
on 18 April 2015
An interesting idea, I m intrigued by the pengali and I quite like the characters. The male characters could do with more depth, I don't understand them yet but maybe that's the point. I don't understand the politics yet, who are the bad guys? Worth a read.
on 8 February 2015
Rubbish book. Not sure why the other readers gave it 5 star rating but I just couldn't get into it. The story was jumpy, heroine wasn't what she was made out to be and world building wasn't good. I guess it will appeal to others but not to me.
on 19 June 2015
Convoluted at first jumping characters and places apparently at random but then everything starts to make perfect sense and left me wanting the next book!
on 15 December 2015
Quite gripping from the start, great mystery element, different races that are strange and wonderful. A great read from first to last page.
on 5 April 2015
Great read and well written, it drew me in
Page by page until I didn't want it to finish
Next book ,can't wait
on 22 April 2015
Great characterisation and plot, imaginative and clever, what's not to like? Can't wait to read the next in the series.
on 7 April 2015
Excellent, spell binding and exciting. Can't wait to read the other books.