Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.99

on 11 February 2011
Ok, so its not quite as revolutionary or as fun as 'How to Walk in High Heels', but if you love Ms Morton's wit and advice then it's well worth a read. Set out like a modern, feminine version of Ovid's Fasti, it goes through the days of the year, listing noteworthy things that have happened or do happen for each entry. Sandwiched between these entries are 'Foot Notes', Camilla's hilarious anecdotal pages about the history of shoes. VERY interesting.

If you are looking (like I was) to find more tips about how to live fabulously, then you might initially be disappointed that there are a lot less 'how to' pages than in the prequel. However, do not despair; the key here is to become more fabulous by learning about all the snippets of history, classic books and films, lifestyle icons and fashion gods that it sets out for us to read in a simple, elegant and interesting manner. The more you know about these gems, the more interesting you'll be to others, and the more you'll perhaps take them up as your models. At least, this is how I read it.

One note - don't think that you have to save reading it to a page every few days (as it is set out). If you're anything like me (a Camilla fanatic), you'll accidentally read it all in one go, and all the better for it. Besides, it's one of those books you can dip into again and again once you've read it once, so why wait?

And finally, if you're a fashion addict, then get it just for the sheer amount of models and designers that have contributed to it. Manolo Blahnik, Matthew Williamson, Giorgio Armani, Gisele... it's like being backstage, or snuggled up on their sofas with them, in their sunny villas. Bliss.
on 9 August 2010
I love the Camilla Morton Books - 'How to walk in high heels' and 'a year in high heels', they travel almost everywhere with me, funny and informative. Anyway I was delighted to see the book 'a girl for all seasons'.Imagine how disappointed I was to find out it was actually 'a year in high heels' but with a new cover and title. I still would recommend these books to everyone, I just have a spare copy now so maybe I'll donate it to someone I like.
on 28 September 2007
I'm totally resolved to being fabulous from now on and this book has become my bible - along with The Shopaholics Guide to Buying Fashion and Beauty Online (so I can even shop from work!) These books have fully equipped me with all the skills and know-how to be beautiful and glamorous at all times. Every New Year I say I'm going to sort myself out (i.e. get thin, get gorgeous and get style), but this year I will succeed! These books have become the glamorous, stylish and helpful older sister I never had.
on 22 December 2008
A fab book with tips that are actually relevant and helpful to the modern day woman. I was lucky enough to be bought this for my birthday this year and I loved it so much I have bought it for all my girl friends this Xmas! LOVE her celeb friend's contributions too- truly fabulous.
on 13 December 2010
I already have ¨How to walk in high heels¨which I thought was excellent, fun and very informative. However this one I was disappointed in, it's not a very good read, and very ¨bity¨- random things seem stuck together and it doesn't flow nicely.
on 1 March 2010
Although Camilla Morton claims to have had faux pas checkers they clearly haven't done a very good job with A Year in High Heels, this book is riddled with inaccuracies and glaring omissions which will just make you look like a fool in the real world rather than the chic well-informed goddess this claims to make you.

As you continue reading you start to wonder how much of this information was simply pulled off of the internet, a suspicion that is further fanned by the fact that here are no references or bibliography.

I continued reading this book just to spot as many as I could and came up with the below.

Ella Fitzgerald was born in Newport News, Virginia, not Newport, New Virginia. There is no such state as New Virginia.

Marie Rambert not Lambert taught Audrey Hepburn to dance. Marie Rambert is one of the great dance innovators in the UK; it's why the Rambert Dance Company, formerly Ballet Rambert, bears her name.

In a list of famous Irish people it's worth noting that Kenneth Branagh was born in Belfast, so is British not Irish, and Daniel Day Lewis, born in London, became an Irish citizen in 1993, his father was Irish-born.

You'd be pushing it to call EM Forster a member of the Bloomsbury group.

The German for stamps is Briefmarken not Briedmarken

How can you mention Hitchcock's favourite blondes and not mention Kim Novak, Tippi Hedren or Janet Leigh?

Isadora Duncan wasn't a ballet dancer. Not dancing in the classical style was the whole basis of her notoriety.

TS Eliot was not British. He was an American who took up British citizenship when he was aged 39.

The D is CDs stands for discs not disks.

Did gentlemen during the reign of Edward VII really "get on the phone to their tailors"?

Barbra Streisand did get an Oscar for Funny Girl shame you turn the page and she appears to have got it for Funny Face (although there are many who would say that is what she has).

Lady Chatterley has an affair with a gamekeeper not a gardener.

Jackie Kennedy wasn't wearing a Chanel suit when JFK was shot it was a Chez Ninon copy. Amazing that someone who claims to be part of the fashion world didn't know this.

There are plenty of proof-reading errors too:

intentended

"On this day in 1721 Robert Walpole became the first prime minister of Great Britain in 1721."

'tash is used twice as a diminutive of moustache.

BC and BCE are used in the same sentence
on 20 October 2009
"A Girl for All Seasons" is a wonderful book. I usually read a few chapters and come back the next day but this time I couldn't put the book down! Camilla has captivated my attention with her splendid style of writing it's solely ingenious!
-Gerri Ward
on 25 September 2013
its a really good and helpful book i like to read in bed . defo a girls book i like it
on 14 June 2015
so many anecdotes and curiosities. the kind of stuff chit chat flourish from
on 11 March 2010
This is full of facts and is great to dip in and out of. Really stylish.