5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful music
Published 9 months ago by Ms. Susan Peowrie

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed.
Published 8 months ago by Melanie

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed., 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Islands - Essential Einaudi (Audio CD)
I had heard this album on the radio. It has all the familiar tracks I was after and as far as the music goes, it is all there if you're a fan. However, the sound quality is very poor (no, it's not my CD player-I checked!) It has a muffled quality which is very annoying; so much so, I think I will have to look for another recording of my favourites, as it really spoils the experience. Disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful music, 16 July 2013
Ms. Susan Peowrie (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Islands - Essential Einaudi (Audio CD)
I first heard one of Einaudi's tracks on the radio and wrote it down so that I could buy the album. I have since bought several albums including this one, which is basically his greatest hits. The music is mainly piano with some strings and guitar in some of the tracks (which come from his later albums). His music is peaceful and relaxing, haunting and quiet in places but also passionate and rousing in others, with lots of unusual time signatures and lots of minor keys. I personally love it and he is a firm favourite composer of mine now.

5.0 out of 5 stars From one island to another., 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: Islands - Essential Einaudi (Audio CD)
I heard a track from this album on Classic fm and thought 'I must have it'! Went straight onto Amazon and ordered it, when it came I played it immediately and it's all as good as the one track I'd heard. It's very relaxing but much more than just background music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Islands album, 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: Islands - Essential Einaudi (Audio CD)
I love it.What more can I say.The music is simply beautiful.This is largely a compilation album I believe being a newbie fan of Einaudi after hearing Nightbook and discovering it's composer.If you love exciting,flowing,elegant piano full of passion this is sure to stir your soul and lift your spirits and take you on a wonderful journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ludovico Einaudi:an eclectic anthology of his music, 5 July 2011
Serghiou Const (Nicosia, Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Islands - Essential Einaudi (Audio CD)
The disc is an eclectic anthology of the music of the Italian composer and pianist Ludovico Einaudi along with a new piece written for the occasion. I am particularly fond of his solo piano compositions which the artist performs and which have on me a mesmerizing, spellbinding effect. The disc did not disappoint me. Out of the 14 tracks, 9 comprise beloved solo piano works. These are:'I Giorni'(The Days),'Le Onde'(The Waves), 'Dietro Casa'(Nearly Home), 'Nuvole Bianche'(White Clouds), 'Passagio'(Passage), 'Nefeli', 'Questa Notte'(Tonight), 'Berlin Song', and 'Melodia Africana'. Beautiful were also his new piece 'The Earth Prelude' with violin, viola, cello and Piano and so were 'Diverine'(To Become) and 'Primavera'(Spring) both Piano works and both with the accompaniment of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. The single exception was 'Nightbook' where he magic was lost in the variety of instruments comprising Piano, Acoustics Quitars, Cello, Snare Drum, Percussions, and Marimba. On the other hand 'Fairy Tale' though not a solo piano work, was heavenly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Islands - Essential Einaudi (Audio CD)
I first heard this on classic fm and had to buy it. It is beautiful and I use it to sooth my baby to sleep having listened to it whilst I was pregnant. Very relaxing.

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Islands - Essential Einaudi (Audio CD)
if you are looking for music to unwind to that isn't dolphin sounds of waterfalls, get this!! truly beautiful music that has moved me to tears on more than one occasion..! such a fabulous composer. so much respect for this man.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Masters music, 31 July 2011
C. Cudlip (Blackpool, UK) - See all my reviews
You'd be hard pressed not to like any of the music Ludovico Einaudi composes and plays even if you're not a classical music lover. His simple arrangements and keyboard skills are second to none that enable him to produce fabulous pieces time and time again that appeal to anyone. I like many types of music from the whole spectrum and don't usually lean towards anything classical per se, but, when it comes to Einaudi's music I can't get enough. Sit there and listen in a room or put your headphones on and get personal, you can't get enough. Lift your spirit for the day and listen to he Islands album or for that matter any of his other albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 Feb 2013
This album was fantastic. I loved every minute of it and would thoroughly recommend. It was worth every penny. F

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all round sample of his music, 24 Jan 2013
I really enjoyed this CD. It's a good all rounder, with up tempo music as well as the softer music he is famous for. I would definitely recommend it.

ARRAY(0xb19735e8)

Islands - Essential Einaudi
Islands - Essential Einaudi by Ludovico Einaudi (Audio CD - 2011)