5.0 out of 5 stars unflavoured whey protein
Published on 28 May 2012 by The Very Civil Servant

3.0 out of 5 stars it is what it is!
First whey ive tried. Went for it due to its lack of chemicals etc. Tastes pretty nasty with water. Tastes like drinking cream with milk, so I go for half and half. Next time I'll get flavoured.
Published 15 months ago by gini

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars unflavoured whey protein, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Grass Fed Hormone Free Whey Protein Concentrate Powder 420g Unflavoured - PINK SUN Everyday Whey (Personal Care)
I use this whey protein after my workouts and am sure it helps my muscles repair as they are less sore when I do so. I only buy Pink Sun brand because of the high quality and unadulterated nature of their products - so many other whey protein drinks/powders are full of chemicals, artificial sweeteners, and a lot of other 'stuff'. I have health issues that mean I need to stay away from chemicals etc. and so for me Pink Sun whey has been a great find.

Read the description carefully - this is *unflavoured* whey protein. It does not have a 'ropey' taste (which to me implies that it's unpleasant or has gone off) as stated by another reviewer, but it doesn't taste like rainbows and unicorns either. It tastes like you'd expect a dried milk-derived product to taste and, indeed, I blend it with a little bit of milk, some banana and a bit of natural sweetener plus cinnamon/vanilla for my post-workout drink. It's also nice mixed into Greek yoghurt with some vanilla and natural sweetener. I wouldn't take it on its own, but I don't expect to be able to.

If you want a flavoured product I highly recommend the other Pink Sun products which come in vanilla or (when available) chocolate, but I find the Everyday whey lives up to its name and works out as the most economical choice to use on a regular basis. I save the flavoured versions for times when I fancy something a bit different!

5.0 out of 5 stars better than Dr Mercola's whey protein and cheaper!, 30 Jun 2012
This is a very good quality whey concentrate at a decent price. It is actually produced following the same low heat manufacturing process endorsed by Ori Hofmekler and it has all the amino acids needed for muscle recovery after training without the added fillers, flavourings and binders that other products have. Taste is good considering this is an unflavoured product.

A few days ago, I ordered Dr Mercola's Pro-Optimal Whey in Strawberry flavour but had to sent the product back unopened when I saw how many fillers that product had in it! Beetroot colouring, Sunflower Lecithin, other emulsifiers etc you name it and lots of vitamins in percents completely out of balance one with another - eg low zinc but high Chromium content, I think it should be the opposite. For those who don't know, Chromium is an appetite surpresant and it will give you a feel that you are full, so you will eat less. That is fine if you are lacking will power and want to loose weight, but not if you want something nutritious. High levels of Chromium in the body are dangerous and certainly Mercola's whey will get your levels of Chromium sky high! Mercola's whey also has a high load of B complex vitamins in it which go beyond the RDA and this is not something I am keen on, as I already take other vitamins. Finally, when I compared Mercola's whey with the Pink Sun's one, it turns out Pink Sun's whey has higher protein and amino acids content than Mercola's one per serving. How could that be, when Dr Mercola is telling us that his whey is a super protein unmatched in quality? I always thought Mercola's whey products are a total scam and now I finally had the proof. Folks, don't buy this so called doctor's products, as they are just not worth the huge amount of money they cost, it is all about clever marketing selling you the moon and the stars.

Anyway, now I ordered again the Pink Sun whey and will stick to it. Product is
very good value for money and, for someone like me who is sensitive to any artificial chemicals and additives, a realistic solution as I did not have any skin problems when I used it.The other advantage is its neutral taste, as you can mix it with any fruits you want and that gives you variety, whilst if you buy those with flavours already in them, you will only have one flavour all the time for the rest of your life, which is boring. It is a bit like being married to the same woman for 20 years, death by boredom ... Most protein powders come in only 3 flavours, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate, I hate vanilla, don't feel like eating chocolate after a workout and I don't want to experience the strawberry sweet-lingering taste every day.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 19 Mar 2013
great prod.. will recommend, it is must if you want muscle growth and strength. taste is great you can add any flavor you like..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great in smoothies, 15 May 2013
Very nice when I add it to my smoothies. It blends in very well and i would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 Nov 2013
R. Nash (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a very good product which arrived on time and it was exactly as described. Five stars says it all. I will be purchasing it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 15 Nov 2013
1st time I have used this product. I recommend this product, tastes very good, nice texture, mixes well. Try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 25 Sep 2013
Arrived promptly and it is a high quality whey protein that I take every day to boost my intake of protein, as I am a vegetarian and my protein consumption tends to be a little low. I will definitely be buying it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Sun Whey powder, 8 Aug 2013
M. Byrne "reformed yo-yo dieter" (Congleton, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
An excellent additive free product which mixes well and is easy to correctly portion with enclosed plastic container. I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cheaper Variety to Bulk Up The Flavoured Type, 22 July 2013
Comments as for the chocolate flavoured variety. High quality and recommended. This company seems to be motivated to sell ethical products and in this overly commercial world that is refreshing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protien without all the Junk, 23 Feb 2013
After Intentionally losing a bit of weight through diet and exercise I thought the next step for me was to work on a bit of muscle definition. Nothing too extreme, I didn't want to turn into a beef cake body builder or anything. After doing a bit of research It was apparent that protein supplements were the way to go. It can of course be done without supplements but you will be eating steak for breakfast and lots of chicken breasts throughout the day. Not too bad if you can stomach it but I think the weekly shopping bill may take a battering.

So Decision made, Protien Supplement for me, but which one? To say I was a little bit confused by all the products on the market is an understatement. After trying to cut all things artifical out of my diet I was amazed at how many products had artificial flavourings, colourings, binders, bulking agents, fillers and even hormones in them. Some ingredients lists were longer than a child's bed time story. After further research I came across this product. Very refreshing to see only 2 products on the Ingredients list; Whey Protein and Soy Lecithin (extract from soybeans) I'm no nutritional expert but feel a lot better about putting a much simpler product into my body.

I went for the unflavoured variant as I was again looking to keep it as simple as possible. I was a bit apprehensive when trying for the first time, due some stories I heard about it being undrinkable. Where these stories came from I do not know. Every body has their own taste I suppose but I was pleasantly suprised by how inoffensive the taste was, even to go as far as to say I enjoyed it. I mix mine with Porridge in the morning, Cook the porridge first and then add the whey, a bit of honey to sweeten it up and yum yum. The Whey actually gives the porridge a creaminess. I Do use skimmed milk though so not sure how Semi or full fat will compare. It is also nice mixed up like a milkshake post work out. The best way I can describe the taste is to compare it to a Mini Milk lolly.

Overall very pleased and would recommend to others.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›