4.0 out of 5 stars sheer indulgence
I've never really gone in for the "bonkbuster" genre but have spent the last day and a half devouring this novel.

Sabrina Leon is a train wreck of a movie star; having accidentally made a racial slur against one of Hollywood's biggest directors combined with a drink, drug and attitude problem, no one wants to give her the time of day.
Viorel Hudson has had...
Published on 8 May 2011 by Joey

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but...(minor spoilers)
I started this book with high hopes, I have loved her previous books Showdown, Do Not Disturb and Scandalous. However this book just didnt reach the standard of her previous work.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it although I am at odds to why I did like it.
Published on 24 May 2011 by Sian Louise

4.0 out of 5 stars sheer indulgence, 8 May 2011
Joey (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Viorel Hudson has had a rags to riches climb to fame and being offered 5.5 million big ones to star in the remake of Wuthering Heights is his big break.
Dorian Rasmirez is the respected director facing financial ruin but puts his heart and soul into the remake.

These three travel to Derbyshire where charitable lady of the manor Tish Crewe becomes entwined in all their lives.

There's bed hopping, glamour, romance, drama and fashion just dripping from these pages. It was pure escapism and difficult to put down. Cheesy and predictable at the end but it was just what I wanted for a lazy weekend.

4.0 out of 5 stars not my typical read but enjoyable, 27 July 2011
love reading "marsy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is not usually the type of novel I read as I find them a bit too shallow and this was; however, I really enjoyed it. I would have given it three stars but thought that it was actually very good for its genre. If, however, you like serious literature then this is not for you.
It is light-hearted and easy to read and it is enjoyable. It is, however, predictable and unbelievable and I could guess the outcomes from the very beginning.
Apart from reiterating the plot which I never do, I can only say that this is a good fun, light read but it is shallow; the characters are unrealistic as is the plot but it was entertaining and a change from some of the more pretentious and depressing novels I've been reading lately.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but...(minor spoilers), 24 May 2011
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I didn't particularly like any of the main characters, they all started off likeable even though they all have faults...however their characters disintregated into selfish and annoying and then unrealistic in the end.

I suppose out of all of them Dorian would have had to be my favourite but seriously "be a man!" I wanted to yell a few times.

All of the characters all have sexual feelings at one point or another in this book and to me thats annoying....am I to believe that really Vio was in love with Tish but having wild passionate sex with another person. I get sex and love are different but in books its meant to be obvious they love that person. I don't mind the fact that characters get together but I think that there should be some time between each one.
At the end everyone is in love and there didnt seem to be any of her usual build-up, in fact the love aspect seemed incredibly quick and I was unsure at what point in the book did any of these characters actually "fall in love".

I still really enjoyed her writing style and each book reminds me so much of her sister Louise Bagshawe's books (who I LOVE!), her writing drew me in and kept me reading. It is definately a lighthearted "chick lit" beach type of read and if you enjoy these then go for it. But as a Tilly Bagshawe fan I cannot help but feel a little disappointed, this would not put me off her future books though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 24 July 2011
A. V. Calvert (Thorne,Doncaster) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are a few stories running in this book which all culminate together.At first I thought this book would be a bit too tawdry for me.It was not, even though there is a bit of bad language and sex it does not deter from the story.The book is set in England and Roumania and a bit of the USA.I found once I had started this book it was hard to put down.Romance,intrigue they all play a part if I explain any further it would spoil it.I received this free for evaluation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection in 484 pages., 27 Jun 2011
Beanie Luck (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am struggling to find anything bad to say about this book, and do you know what, i absolutely cant.

It was sheer perfection, the blend of glamour and glitz and hollywood against the backdrop of 2 very beautiful locations in different parts of the world.

There was not a single character i didnt like, well apart from the very slimy Harry Greene.

Synopsis:

Sabrina Leon, tortured classic movie star pain in the bum makes a huge faux pas and calls the director of her biggest movie a slave driver, well that doesn't go down well as he is a black man whose grandmother was a slave and all of Hollywood turns against her and nobody will give her any work and she ends up in rehab against her will, and then made to shoot a movie for free by the only director in the world that will hire her, the very dashing Dorian rasmirez.

Dorian casts super gorgeous Viorel Hudson as his leading man in the movie who by lack of a better word is a complete tart, and the film shoots in a rambling English house where we come across the very understated Letitia Crewe and her adorable son Abel.

We are also introduced to some secondary characters Chrissie Rasmirez, Dorian's promiscuous wife, rival movie director Harry Greene, a few agents that aren't worth mentioning, some fellow actors whose names i honestly cant remember they are so insignificant, and the brother of Letitia's Calvin Klein model looking obnoxious jerk Jago Crewe and the housekeeper of the house Mrs Drummond.

The story is about a movie, love, passion, parenthood, responsibility, family, obligation and hope, all set against a backdrop of the most shallow place on earth, celebrity.

There was some twist and turns in the story, and things i didn't see coming and it kept me turning the pages, and the end 9 pages well, the minute the 1st word came up on that last chapter i started smiling, and i didn't stop until 9 pages later when it was all over and i was totally and utterly satisfied by the ending.

I sincerely hope and i dont know if anyone else will agree that Tilly brings these 4 main characters back at some point in another book. I would love to see Viorel and Sabrina and Dorian and Letitia again.

Lets face it, 99% of us will never be rich or successful or famous, and we all dream of winning the lottery and being able to live the most fabulous life, but until that happens spending money on this book will allow you to disappear into that world for a few days and live vicariously through the richness of the world created by Tilly.

I had never read any books by Tilly before, in fact i had never heard of her, i have of course read some of her sisters books and loved them, and only made the connection when another reviewer mentioned it but do you know what, comparing them against each other is like comparing mature and mild cheddar cheese, each have their strengths, and some people will always prefer one to the other, crap analogy i know but i cant think of anything else to say other than i was so impressed that I am now off to order her other books.

LOVED IT !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Enjoyable ....... loved it!, 11 Feb 2014
F. Smith (Norwich England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fame (Paperback)
2nd Tilly Bagshaw book ive read and she is fast becoming one of my fave chic lit authors ... Fame is fab - great characters, funny plot that had me laughing out loud to myself on my lunch breaks ... with some unexpected twist and turns .. however everything ends as it should in a novel like this .. slightly unrealistic but it wants we want to read and what we expect ...!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of light escapism!, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fame (Kindle Edition)
Great beach read or for switching off from more hectic things before bed - nothing too taxing but not completely predictable and characters are interesting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good page turner, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fame (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book it's an easy read and a good page turner
Full of Hollywood glamor .
X !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fame (Kindle Edition)
I highly recommend this book as it has everything in a book that i enjoy. I enjoyed all the characters and seeing what they were up to next.

Fame