5.0 out of 5 stars What a character this guy is. A true showman.
The bulk of this book is about Steven's addiction to drugs. All kinds of them. The ones you smoke, the ones you snort, the ones you inject and the ones you get on prescription. And his sex life. But that is to be expected.
What comes across through all the craziness while he was high and out of control is that the man is very spiritual, very clever, a true...
Published on 12 May 2011 by Suze

3.0 out of 5 stars You cannot live as he has lived and not end up like this...
If Steven Tyler didn't exist, rock'n'roll would have to invent him. The whirling dervish Aerosmith singer is the distilled essence of sex and drugs and rock'n'roll, from the tip of his stack heeled boots to the top of his haystack mane. He's the Screamin' Demon with the lecherous cackle, the Keef-style appetites and the swagger-jagger charisma that money just can't buy...
Published 23 months ago by Free Radical

5.0 out of 5 stars Best autobiography I've read, 4 Jan 2013
An amazingly honest and believable autobiography, you can really believe that these are Tyler's words (or at least dictated), his style of speaking and emphasis is very strong. A fascinating story, amazing he is still alive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the noise in my head bother you, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Yes read this one, again so long since I read it, there are times you have to laugh, it reads as things were not that simple and there has been rough and smooth

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't give up at the start, 7 Feb 2012
Ms. K. J. Hourd "Kendra Hourd" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
If you've picked this up, read the first page, felt lost and put it down again I recommend giving it another go. The first 6 pages are fairly incomprehensible. This recurs now and then throughout the book and the more it happens the more you understand about Tyler's character. The problem is he's trying to explain how much he loves music.....REALLY loves music. My problem is I'm an engineer and I'm never going to understand what he means when he comes out with descriptions like 'when you make music and hit a chord that resonates it forms shapes and colours that reverberate across the universe' yada yada yada. OK, Steven. I'll meet you on the other side of this explanation somewhere in about 5 pages time. When he calms down and actually starts talking about his life (about Page 7) its pretty gripping stuff. I will say though that anyone who writes an autobiography and doesn't give up the story of the losing of his virginity is copping out. The stuff about the conflicts within Aerosmith is fascinating as is the complicated relationship between him and his guitarist Joe Perry. The ostracism of Tyler over getting clean when the rest of the band weren't sounds very similar to what happened to Vince Neil of Motley Crue too. Overall, definitely worth a read, just bear with the conversational style and the fact that he doesn't always make a lot of sense, not to a clean living, sober engineer anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars as crazy as the title, 26 Aug 2011
Alan Hume "ajh" (scotland) - See all my reviews
as i have been reading a lot of bio's about rock bands i thought i would give this one a go due to the reputation of steve tyler.
At first he tells of his growing up years and the style is a bit crazy and jumps from present to past as the book goes on to the time of touring with the band it is funny but a bit repetative in the amount of times he is in rehab.
All in all a good read

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing band, amazing lead singer but not quite the book I hoped for, 15 Aug 2011
Captain EO "No. 7" (Cardiff, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
As a big Aerosmith fan I'd been longing for an autobiography of Steven Tyler's & was delighted to hear that he was in fact releasing his memoirs ... despite waiting a long time to get my hands on it I'm disappointed to say that whilst I whipped through it in no time at all, I was left frustrated on quite a few levels.

Firstly & most annoyingly, I couldn't help but feel that the Publisher hadn't devoted enough time or money to the release. It's littered with typo's & relatively early on into the book, it's clear that the book hasn't so much been written but apparently lifted from Tyler waffling into a microphone. There's several occassions from memory where he appears to suggest that he's speaking to an interviewer (David Dalton) rather than telling his story from a written perspective. The always-crazy text also suggests that this is the band's super-charismatic lead singer simply waxing lyrical & spouting out the first thing that comes into his mouth rather than the far more considered style of the written word. I'm not naive enough to think that a huge number of other rock stars, sport stars or actors also "cheat" in this manner but at least it's usually carried out in a clever enough way to fool the reader.

The picture that Tyler paints and his opinions also fell quite some way short of what I'd hoped - of course there's copious amounts of sex, drugs & rock n roll but unfortunately it's the former two vices that really outweigh the music itself at times and whilst I still love Steven Tyler as the lead singer of the greatest American rock band, he doesn't come across in the best light for large parts of this book. Whilst it's refreshing to hear such honesty, I must admit to being a little disappointed to hear him whinging on about quite as much as he does here. I liken it to a recent Elton John gig I attended whereby he moaned about how he'll never record another studio album as they're simply too much work - forgetting that 5,000 people had just paid 75 to hear him moan before scurrying off to our 9 to 5 jobs the next morning.

Whilst I've highlighted the negative points here, the book is still well worth a read & Steven Tyler is undoubtedly a true gem - I laughed a lot, many times simply at the way he has with words - others from stories he has to tell. Much like other recent rock autobiographies, there's definitely a little over-emphasis on drugs (very similar to Slash in that respect) - once you've heard quite how bad they hit & all about the re-hab process, it does get a little tedious after a while. It's also sad (but true from Tyler's perspective) how little good he has to say about the other 4 Aerosmith members - i couldn't help but feel that perhaps it wasn't finished at the best of times from that perspective & this is another reason alone why I far preferred the brilliant "Walk this Way" - whilst it's Tyler's voice that we all hear when we think of Aerosmith, without Joe, Brad, Tom & Joey, it just doesn't sound quite right.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye opener!!!!!!!!!!!!, 30 May 2011
I just couldn't put this down once I started reading. Very very funny, rude in places but straight to point just like Mr Tyler himself what you see is what you get. If you enjoyed watching him on American Idol you will love this. Well worth the wait

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? Steven Tyler, 28 May 2011
A book for all Aerosmith fans to read, written in a style that fans will know is that of the worlds leading frontman (of all time) Mr Tyler , a wealth of feeling, humour & honesty will truly make you just want to keep reading and reading, just like his stage preformances this book is full of life and individuality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 19 May 2011
This book is a must read! Absoloutley fantastic, goes into detail about the countless drugs hes done, been into rehab,it comes across that he needed to get a lot of stuff off his chest in regards to the other band members and the way he was singled out to go to rehab. Would recommend to everyone, Mr Tallarico you rock!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, what a noise!, 31 Dec 2012
GillianEliza (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Steve Tyler's book is written in the sort of style he probably wants you to think is his - it is in the fast lane all the way from start to finish. The trouble is, I wanted to get out of the fast lane and get some normal words in normal sentences to give me a bit of background into who he is. I almost started counting the number of times the "F" word is used, but to be honest it would be easier to count the number of times it isn't used. Tyler has used and abused everyone and everything around him, (as have most rock superstars it would seem) but apparently this is NOT because he has an addictive personality! As to why he has lived his life this way - we will never know, because the answer isn't in this book. I did learn something though - he started out as a drummer, before he became a singer.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, 20 Jan 2012
I very much enjoy music based biographies and autobiographies having read hundreds over the years stretching from stars of the 50's Rock'n'roll era to date. I own a couple of Aerosmith cd's and whilst not a huge fan find the music enjoyable. I purchased this book in a bargain book store on the basis of the Paul McCartney quote on the sleeve. I have to say I found it hugely disappointing. Far too much psycho-babble waffle and just a lack of interesting stuff. I found the constant references to his lyrics a little pretentious and quite frankly boring. It had its moments but for me a good 80% of the book was a bit of a yawn. I vastly preferred the "Walk This Way" biography which I read a few years back which I have to say is a little surprising as normally I prefer an autobiography. Overall, very disappointing so perhaps more a book for the "true fan" rather than the casual admirer ?