5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Picks up well and the variable suction is a good feature as suction very strong on the highest setting. Easy to empty and clean. Can feel a bit heavy to pull along. Very easy to empty and clean - the easiest I have come across. The cord could be a bit longer, but overall an excellent machine.
Published on 9 Nov 2011 by M. L. G

1.0 out of 5 stars Undoubtedly the worst vac I've owned.
Published 19 months ago by B. R. Barton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Hoover Rush Pets TCR4237 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - 2300 Watt (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent & light, 30 Nov 2011
excellent hoover strong suction very light and works on all surfaces. would recommend this to anyone as an alternative to an upright

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it!, 18 Jan 2012
Have had this Hoover for a week now and I am still thrilled to bits with it. It does everything that it says on the box and is very user friendly. Love everything about it, easy to operate, easy swop accerories whilst hoovering, cord long enough to do the stairs. Easy to empty, clean and store away. A little heavy to pull along, but I will get used to that! I have no regrets in purchasing this product. Amazons service was excellent and speedy too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Undoubtedly the worst vac I've owned., 24 Dec 2012
B. R. Barton (Dorset, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This vac is a load of rubbish - The grandiosely-titled "HEPA FILTER" becomes clogged every third or fourth use of the cleaner, even though we have no pets in the house, which it's supposed to be especially designed for. Of course, it's recommended we replace the filter at that point, but at somewhere around 15 a time, this is obviously not an option. I wash it under the tap and give the front surface a scrub...... then dry it out on a radiator. It alleviates the problem for the next three or so cleaning sessions. Unfortunately, if you leave it out of the machine, dust flies straight through ! - The vortex system only traps objects and fluff..... not dust.
It's also prone to having fluff clogging up the top end of the vortex device which stops the vortex from forming. This necessitates dismantling the components of the removable container and pulling all the fluff out by hand. The suction at the brush end is pathetic...... even when the HEPA filter and vortex are functioning correctly. The articulated joint on the brush head leaks and drastically reduces suction. What else ? - Well, there's another filter on the back end of the machine which also gets clogged up........ and the filter and its cover and O ring now fly off several times with a loud bang during each cleaning session, resulting in more time being spent reassembling them. The thing is JUNK.
UPDATE, Jan 2013 - The external filter on the vac outlet, previously reported upon, now firmly refuses to stay in place for more than ten seconds. I've thrown it in the bin.......... Why would a vac require a THIRD filter anyway ? - It already has TWO in the outlet side of the dust container, so why a THIRD ? - Removing it has actually improved the suction a fair bit (but also the noise). But now we have yet ANOTHER problem. The metal tube of the hose/brush assembly keeps falling out of the plastic upper part. It always did fall out, occasionally. Now, despite me ramming it in as hard as I can, it just drops out every half-minute or so. Time to fetch the Duct tape ?
This machine is so POOR, it's unbelievable. - Into the bin it went ! - I bought a Numatic HENRY. The most unbelievably well-designed vac I've ever owned ! - I'm over the Moon with it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoover Rush Pets, 29 Aug 2011
A powerful vacuum cleaner. Great performance, good accessories, really easy to empty, easy to clean. What more could anyone ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Carls61, 27 Jan 2012
I bought this cleaner to replace my other cleaner, (which I only had for six months and was rubbish), and I am very glad to say that I am very pleased indeed with the result. The cleaner is amazing! It literary sucks the carpet off the floor it is that powerful. As I have a cat it does clean up all the cat hair that is around when she moults. It is a little on the heavy side but that is not a problem. I can do my cleaning in half the time now. The cord is plenty long enough and because its a bagless cleaner, it is so simple to empty and keep clean. No need for replacing with new bags. Fab! Would highly reccommend this product to everyone. Great product Amazon! Ordered it on the Friday evening and got it next day - Saturday morning. Well pleased. Thanks Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims!, 22 Jan 2012
A. Gobey (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
Very happy with this Hoover.Cleans very well and copes with my two cats' hairs with ease!However,I did find it a little heavy for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 3 April 2013
We bought the Hoover Rush to replace our defunct Dyson cylinder cleaner (the motor was no longer available) &, as we have cats, hoped it would do the job for which it was intended. Fat chance. It proved to be the biggest load of unadulterated rubbish imaginable: it fails to clean the floor properly, the "Allergen Remover Mini Turbo Nozzle" (their words, not mine) jammed in the telescopic tube & was only removable by brute force & the filters clog on the slightest provocation. Build quality is poor to say the least. In all, don't bother, buy a Dyson, I will as soon as I can afford it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hoover Rush Pets TCR 4237, 2300 watt bagless vacuum, 27 Mar 2013
When first used we thought this was an excellent machine as the power of the vacuum lifted the carpets. It did not take long before suction was lost and the machine was totally ineffective. Detailed washing and drying of the filters cured the problem for a very short period of time when all suction was lost again. Cleaning the filters again did not help much. The intervals between the cleaning of the filters got shorter and shorter with less and less effect. In short a very poor machine which after 3 months, went down the dump and good riddance. Replaced it with a Dyson DC 39 which is a superbly designed cleaner and a pleasure to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great- if you want to waste your money, 5 Dec 2012
If coming up to Christmas you have 107 and want to "Throw it away"I would recommend you buy this product.My wife opted to buy this sorry excuse for a cleaner when our old LG pet vacuum went to Cleaner heaven.We have a dalmation,so needed something that was powerful enough to pick up these fine hairs, and my wife thought as it had a High watt capacity then it may be suitable.Our house is mainly wooden floors so it is not requesting much from a "Pet Vacuum"

Worked well the first 2 times then the suction started dropping,cleaned the filters (as per the instructions)but this made little difference.Then it started overheating (checked all filters,hoses ect for blockages but to no avail)

All in all ,Useless piece of equipment I have thrown this away- and bought a Vax Mach Zen Pet Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner for same money ,which if you have pets,is a fantastic cleaner .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›