on 16 April 2013
The machine comes up to expectation. I have one already which is now for upstairs and the new one downstairs.
I an 76 yrs and have a breathing disease so it is a great help. The cats hairs are picked up very well.
Best wishes Elaine Piercy.
on 13 August 2013
I've been living with a beautiful white long haired cat, and hairy red carpet, for over a year now and vacuuming twice a day wasn't making much impact at all. I was reduced to scouring my carpet daily with a scouring pad to get the hair up everyday, and we've talking about a fistful of hair everyday.

My carpet was looking really tired and dull too. My friend suggested getting a pet vac, and after a month more of scouring hair off my carpet, I gave in, found this one half price, dipped into my savings and ordered it.

I don't care if it sounds like a jet plane and sends my cat running upstairs for its very life. One sweep across the floor and I had a strip of what looked like a brand new red carpet!

I'm now addicted to it. The cat goes out to play in the garden while I hoover, because he's very scared of it, and its transformed my home. It also does hard floors and has lots of attachments.

If you have a cat or dog that sheds, you need one of these. Just make sure they have some kind of bolt hole while you do it, because the noise does freak them out.
33 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2013
Really pleased with this vacuum cleaner, it deals with our Great Dane's hairs easily. Light enough to move around easily but doesn't feel flimsy. Would definitely recommend.
on 27 September 2011
Okay so the wife was banging on at me about always having to struggle when doing the hoovering or Vacuuming call it what you will it still needs to be done.
I used our old one just to give her a break from it and it ended up being my job. (not sure how that happened)
Hence the blaming of the tools started. we looked at various hoovers and thought it best to go with a well known brand. This SM1901 is just perfect for us as we have hard floors tiles, various door mat's (besides me) Pile carpet in the bedroom & a large shaggy rug.
Simple to use settings adjust for every use and no need to change the Hoover head.

We were shocked at how much stuff the SM1901 picked up to the point of embarrassment, We never knew how bad the old one was until we used this new pet smart hoover.

We don't have pets but i would recommend this one for anyone with dust allergies also as it leaves nothing behind.
22 comments|182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2013
absolutely brilliant delivery was quick good value for money.Looks good too in white and purple and is easy to empty and easy to use.
on 5 March 2012
Perfect product very powerful and such a good price. picks up dust and hairs great. Very easy to empty too. would highly recommend.
on 30 June 2013
I received the hoover yesterday, and have just cleaned the whole house in half the time at least than it would have taken me with our old Vacuum. We have a black labrador and cream carpets, and I would struggle every day to hoover up all the dog hairs, but this does a brilliant job - in fact the carpets look better than they ever have! So pleased - buy it, you won't regret it!
on 24 July 2013
At last! A vacuum cleaner that actually picks up dog hairs!
So far, so good.
Very pleased.
Light and
easy to use.
on 7 June 2013
Exactly as I expected. The bagless is brilliant, easy to empty. Very light easy to push over carpet, extension long enough so you don't get back ache. Long enough electricity lead too.
on 1 July 2013
Does just what its supposed to do. I have three dogs so vacuum my house every day.
The hose is long enough to reach my high ceilings and the extendable pipe is very useful.