4.0 out of 5 stars "Blood Haze" series book 1
Alice is a 17 year old vampire enrolling in school for the first time. Previously somewhat isolated from humans, she wants to keep her head down and finish the school year without drawing any attention to herself. Unfortunately she is soon caught in a love triangle; totally in love with the sensitive but damaged Kai yet attracted to the handsome Max; although both young...
Published on 23 Oct. 2011 by Book Addict

3.0 out of 5 stars not sure
The story line is pretty basic - one girl, two boys and a love traingle. what makes the book intresting is that both boys (one a vampire, one a vampire hunter) fall for the same girl. However I think there was a lot missing from this story there was no background detail and lacked something - it would have been a really good book if there was more to it. A easy book to...
Published on 7 Nov. 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Shelter (Blood Haze: Book One) A Paranormal Romance (Kindle Edition)
I don't have much to say about this book. All in all, the writing is decent, alot better than most books of this genre out there. Alice is ok.

What really got to me, and made me give only three stars was the vampire/human interaction aspect of the story. Alice is meant to be ignorent of the human world and it's culture. Yet, she talks like a normal teen age girl, reads human novels and watches soaps. So she does have a clue about what is going on. The first chapters are all filled with 'in books they do this', 'in the movies they do that'. I mean, come on. Even if she isn't sure about how to behave with humans, she does have some social skills with vamps right? This aspect of the story wasn't done properly and it really bothered me.

Honestly, I'm glad I got the book before the price went up. Otherwise, I would have felt cheated. Which is a shame really, because the way it is written is good. It's what's written that bugs me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 28 Sept. 2012
I have not read any paranormal novels before, but was looking forward to something different. It turned out to be very Mills and Boon, and if the word vampire had not been used occasionally, I might have thought it was. I did read it to the end, in hope of a twist, but was disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, 6 Jan. 2012
I enjoyed this book.

It was a nice easy read - wasn't complicated and was easy to follow. The story had a fast pace and however i felt it built up and then finished on a cliffhanger - though i guess that is what makes a good series!

Looking forward to reading the next installment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the worst thing I have ever read - is the best I can say., 14 Oct. 2012
I am only presume that this book is aimed at the Young Adult audience. That said I have read much better books in the genre. One girl ,two boys both `hot' and both fall for her. The characters have no depth.

Jamie the main character is a girl and is vampire, that's about it. Two boys fall for her one is very suitable the other is not. Her mother and brother think nothing of her disappearing on her first real party until 4am, then letting her boyfriend move in.

It lacked depth, detail and background. Not the worst thing I have ever read and if teenage vampire stories are your genre of choice you may enjoy it. However there are much better things out there.

Try Jenny Pox by JL Bryan or the Marchwood Vampire series by Shalini Boland both eminently better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 20 Jan. 2012
I loved this book, really fantastic read. The story was great and kept you guessing which I love when reading this type of book.
Tracy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good concept!, 25 Sept. 2014
This is an interesting concept of a vampire story. It was a good read and held my attention. I would like to read more of this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars too short, but story good., 19 July 2012
I really liked this book. i love that it was the girl who was the vampire and not the boy, in the start anyway. however, it lacked detail and i felt the story was over to quickly. i think alice and kai fell in love to quick. even though i still liked this book and will still buy the next ones i think that i had to use more imagination than a normal book. it was short but still sweet and i did enjoy it. but IT HAPPENED TOO QUICK.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure of it!, 3 Mar. 2012
Right, basic. Basic story, vampire girl falls in love with the totally unstable and needy boy, the other boy shows up but has a dark side to it in which he kills vampires. But the whole needy, crying and moping from guy one did not convinced me. I like strong and independent characters being man or woman. I do not know if I will read the other books in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHELTER, 1 Aug. 2014
Now that is what I call a good book!
Usually I wouldn't go for this type of book but i am soo glad that i did and I honestly can't stay that I regret it. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone even I'd you don't usually go for supernatural books. It really is a good read and not to mention, it left me wanting more of it !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Shelter, 2 July 2013
This book was easy to read. It's obviously part of a series & started to get more exciting towards the end of the book. I did find some of the characters less appealing than others & found myself querying how the differences could make a coupling work. Would like to read the next book though to see how this story magnifies