on 1 January 2012
they are really good, I used them for bike sensors and they work perfectly, they arrived perfectly and soon
really strong
on 7 August 2011
The magnets are really quite strong, not what you would expect from such small things (8 mm in diameter, 3 mm thick) if you've never played with neodymium magnets before. I only needed three, so I had quite a few to fool around with. Be careful with them! I tried lining all of them up in a straight line. Why not!? It all went well up to a point, but then it suddenly became unstable, and they jumped together: a little piece of one of the magnets broke off. So even though they work very well, you need to be careful not to hit them too hard, because they are quite rigid. Also, don't use them as earrings. It hurts.
on 16 February 2013
These magnets are just superb for attaching to the Crank side of your bicycle pedals for use with Cadence transmitters they are so strong you can stack them without any adhesive in this scenario if required.
on 26 December 2013
I bought them for use on a glass-magnetic notice board. Even using two or three in combination they were not strong enough to hold a single sheet of paper. Now searching for stronger ones!
on 6 May 2012
Amazing magnets - great strength and grip, especially if they attach to each other!! Only problem is that they can be difficult to find if they fall to the floor as they are very small. Overall excellent and good value.
on 21 February 2013
I bought these after seeing a DIY programme. The presenter used them to find studding behind plasterboard walls. I have tried several stud-finder products in the past and have been universally disappointed, but this tip really worked. Rub a powerful magnet gently over the wall and it will "grab on" to nail or screw heads. Use several magnets, and you can see the line taken by the wall studding. These magnets are ideal for that, and having 8 in the pack makes it very convenient. The power of these magnets is really remarkable - I struggled to separate the last 2! They were a great price and arrived really quickly. All in all, one of my best DIY purchases.
on 7 June 2014
I bought these to see if I could use them on the crank of my bike and a Garmin Cadence sensor.
With Look pedals I dropped one into the hex socket of the pedal and then stacked another on top (2 in total.)
They are almost hidden - no fixing - putty needed as super strong and the Garmin sensor picks them up...

(They can be removed with some tweezers or pointed pliers etc..)

No more ugly zipties .. job done and if you lose one or have more than one bike to set up it's not a big deal at this price.. especially bearing in mind the cost of an official Garmin magnet ...
review image
on 11 February 2013
These are jolly strong magnets, very small but suited my use admirably. Be careful of young children though, they are small enough to be swallowed.
on 27 November 2012
Just as described - I used these magnets to find studs in a plasterboard wall. They are extremely powerful and very useful to have around the home.
on 19 June 2012
Used them to make electric motors as shown on QI by stephen Fry.
I have had great fun with my children and grand children.