5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung HS3000 VS Sony MW600

Published 19 months ago by VinSom

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to connect with everything... Now broken
Published 12 months ago by The Bear 81

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung HS3000 VS Sony MW600, 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Samsung HS3000 VS Sony MW600

The idea behind the Sony MW600 Bluetooth was just what I was looking for, built in radio for when I'm jogging or just walking the dog and a display to show who is calling or the artist and song name playing on my iPhone without taking the phone out of my pocket. The problem was it kept transferring the call to the phone just before the call was connected, the display would freeze on the Sony Bluetooth where I would have to switch the Bluetooth off and on again before it would work properly again so I exchanged it for the Samsung HS3000 which is to me a much better Bluetooth. The Samsung feels batter quality and it works. It has a much bigger answer/call button making it much easier to answer calls without looking down to find it whilst driving which I had to constantly do with the Sony. Sometimes it would take so long to locate the answer button on the Sony whilst driving that the caller would hang up before I could answer the call.

With both Bluetooth headsets you can use your own headphones which is good because the ones provided on both are the type that push into the ears and block out all the surrounding sounds which may be good for listening to music indoors but not good if you are driving because you can not hear your passenger speaking to you and very dangerous if you are out walking or cycling because you can not hear the dangers or traffic around you.

I prefer the on/off button on the Samsung as it is a sliding switch as opposed to the Sony one that you have to press and hold until it turns on or off also the shirt clip on the Samsung is stronger so won't break as easily as the Sony one which is thin and narrow.

Multipoint on the Sony MW600. You can connect up to 3 Bluetooth devices at the same time but if you connect 2 mobile phones to it only 1 of those phones can be used for making or receiving calls, the second phone can only be used as a media player. I know this for a fact because I call Sony services who confirmed this.

Multipoint on the Samsung HS3000. You can connect 2 Bluetooth devices at the same time and if you connect 2 mobile phones to it both phones are active meaning you can make and receive calls from either phone. If your talking on one of the phones and the second phone rings you'll hear a little bleeping sound in the earpiece to notify you that there is a second incoming call. To answer the call on the second phone press the answer button on the Bluetooth once which will end the call your on and answers the call on the second phone also if you are speaking on one of the phones you can make a call on the second phone using the second handset which will automatically put the caller on the first phone on hold while you speak to the person on the second phone and as soon as you end the call on the second phone it automatically transfers you back to the caller on the first phone without cutting them off.

1* Sony MW600
5* Samsung HS3000

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Bluetooth bliss!!!!, 9 Feb 2012
Now this is what listening to music should FEEL like... no.. not sound like, that's down to your source and ear buds, this is FEEL like!! Freedom from tangled wires with added crystal clear sound, this is bliss. Choose a pair of earbuds that sound great plugged into your source (mp3 player, phone, tablet etc...) then add this baby. You won't regret it !! Though it needs line of sight to the source for best reception, there's no discernible sound degredation through earbuds, computer speakers or HiFi.

Bought for the train trip to and from work, the function buttons, though small, are easily accessible and over A2DP, easily control play, pause & volume on my phone. The built in voice prompts also keep you informed of status, in use. Small and unintrusive, the HS3000 allows very easy pairing (no code required) to my phone, tablets and PCs.

The only problem now is my next techie present to self will have to be a bluetooth enabled mp3 player....

Update:... Sony Walkman NWZ-S765....

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to believe it's Bluetooth, 7 Dec 2012
I own two of these - one black and one white. I bought the second as a spare in case my old one died. It's small, uncomplicated, light and clips firmly and securely onto clothing. Pairing is a doddle with multiple devices (though only 2 at any one time) - I have connected it to several phones, several PCs, my Asus Transformer Prime tablet, my Sony PSP and my Sony mp3 player without any issues whatsoever. Useful voice prompts tell you when you have switched on the device, switched off the device, connected to a Bluetooth device and disconnected from a Bluetooth device.

Because of its size, the buttons are awkward to use but I don't care. Because when used with an apt-X capable device (I use mine with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2) and high quality IEMs (I use Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10s with Comply tips) the combination is so awesome it's hard to believe you're listening to IEMs through a wireless Bluetooth connection. In fact, this set-up sounds better (at least to my ears) than plugging the IEMs directly into my phone. In particular when listening to lossless FLAC files, the sound is very balanced, with a dynamic, exciting presentation, nice detail and an engrossing three-dimensional soundstage. Ensuring a good seal for the earphones, the bass is taut and deep. Vocals have presence and texture. Highs sound clear and well defined (not "splashy"). I would suggest however that, in my experience, highly compressed sources show up flaws far more readily. Note that as far as I know, neither my Note 2 nor the HS3000 use the lossless version of the apt-X codec, but they are still better than any other portable listening set-up I've ever had. Of course it won't beat a top-class pair of wired headphones connected to a decent system but at the moment I'm not likely to get much better for unencumbered wireless listening on public transport.

Whilst I bought this device just for listening to music wirelessly on the commute, I have on occasion used the call function. A larger and much easier to access button is positioned on the front to answer calls. Sound at both ends is perfectly adequate in my experience. The microphone is positioned at the top of the device and as long as it's not pointing downwards or too far from your face (e.g your belt) it is able to pick up your voice very well.

To summarise, positives are:

(a) small;
(b) light;
(c) apt-X capable;
(d) has a decent battery life (I would estimate maybe 8-10 hours use per charge and 2-3 hours to recharge from empty);
(e) perfectly acceptable talk quality at both ends (though I have not used this feature an awful lot - I bought it for music);
(f) at least with the IEMs I use and the apt-X codec, it sounds utterly fantastic for what it is;
(g) sounds good even with non apt-X devices (my old Samsung Galaxy S2)
(h) is an absolute bargain at just over 30 on Amazon.

Downsides are:

(a) due to size, buttons are awkward to use, even if you have normal size fingers (you need to use your fingernails);
(b) again due to size, could be very easy to lose (but at least cheap enough to replace without too much pain)

All in all, the HS3000 really comes across as a bargain if you need the convenience of wireless and still want excellent sound quality on the move. It seems to be capable of stepping up and performing brilliantly when paired with a decent source and/or decent output. But to make the most of it you will want to both: (1) replace the dire bundled earphones with a decent pair of headphones/earphones; and (2) ensure you use an apt-X capable music player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Using with an iPhone, 11 Jan 2012
Mr. N. Gibson (Banbury, Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
I use this item with an iPhone running IoS4, it has a call answer/end button, play/pause, next/last track (which also acts as a scan forward/backward if held down), volume up/down, on/off button and a fairly useless 3 position graphic equaliser button. It ships with a pair of in-ear headphone buds with a choice of 3 different sizes of ear pieces, this have a very short wire, (probably because the microphone in the unit has got to be reasonably close when speaking) and a standard 3.5 mm jack. All functions work well with my iPhone which connects quickly with an audible confirmation. The shipped earphones, which give a fairly 'bright' sound, can be replaced with any headphones/buds with a standard 3.5 mm jack but note that if these have any controls in-line these will not work, the buttons on the Samsung have to be used. All in all very good value for money, well made with a reasonable battery life from the built-in rechargeable battery. The unit ships with a mains charger with a standard Samsung connector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and economic! Works nice but depens also on your mobile capacity, 23 Nov 2011
Pros:
The headset is easy to use. The first run and pairing (with my mobile or old laptop(2005)) went quite easily. Voice guiding allows a simple start. Product is light and small. Price is just fine if compared with other Bluetooth headsets.

Cons: (minor issues)
The In-ear headphone cable is very short, only 50 cm and is wiggly so thumps frequently your face. Annoying until you get used to it. The sound quality is also not that impressive, bass sounds are distorted after some level. Changing with better earphones can solve these problems.
Buttons are tiny and are on the two sides of the device; makes it little difficult to press a button without pushing mistakenly some ones on the other side. Takes time to get used too.
The device is said to be compatible with Samsung Galaxy ACE GT-S5830. True it works, but the phone (not headset) has trouble with processing. Music may stop for a second when switching between Wi-Fi and 3G. For me, talking over Skype was not possible; ACE could not handle with the processing ( I may try with more memory space, I had <40Mb). Anyway, important is to know if your phone is capable to make full use of the headset.
You may not be able to listen to FM radio, since your mobile will not recognize any headphone plugged in.
(Some external reviews claim a built in screen, attention such thing does not exist.)

OVERALL: Considering the price and the performance I am quite satisfied with this headset. I just plan to replace the earphones with better ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing set of bluetooth headphones! But..., 29 Mar 2012
I have been waiting for these for almost a week and came at the given estimated date, but I expected them to come a bit earlier as products I have previously ordered all came at least 2 days before the estimate. Let's get to the real review.

When I first opened it, the headset was begging me to use it, so I connected it to my phone (Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman(tm))which didn't take long and then I tried them with my music. I noticed that the included in-ear headphones were very basic and not particularly good for things such as running. The sound quality of the headphones was in my opinion average, but that doesn't bother me one single bit. After a few minutes of trying them out, I decided to connect my Philips SHE8000/10 In-Ear Headphones - Black in and changed the mode and... BAM!!! (More sound and bass at lower volume) The music that came out was now like when I directly connected my in-ear headphones to the phone. I was absolutely amazed by the music quality!!!

The headset itself is light and well-built. The clip is very strong and I don't think it is likely to break. I personally think the White/Green colour scheme is very eye catching and the controls are very simple and easy to use. It is very unlikely that you'll need to refer to the manual for instructions.

The headset comes with the bluetooth headset, white earphones (about 57cm long), a USB wall charger, an instruction manual and different sized ear buds.

I highly recommend this product to anybody looking for a set of bluetooth headphones. If you're struggling to choose between these and the Sony Ericsson MW600, I advise you choose these as the MW600 has a very flimsy clip which can very easily snapped. I hope you find this useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to connect with everything... Now broken, 1 July 2013
I wanted this to connect with a bluetooth transmitter that I have plugged into my TV. It worked first time so now I can listen to it without disturbing my wife. Bonus is it also works with my HTC One so I have wireless music down the gym. Distance works to about 6 metres then it cuts out. Excellent value and headphones are also pretty good that are supplied with it even though I wasn't looking to have headphones included. Mic works well too for phone calls. Update: clip on the back has broken already. It is very fragile so after three trips to the gym the clip has had enough. Still useful to listen to TV wirelessly in bed but now half the use it had before. Annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 21 Aug 2012
Absolutely fabulous product, easy to use and good design on usability. I have Sony Ericsson before this and now i feel this is far more better than Sony Ericsson. The sound quality is amazing and better than sony ericsson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 26 Mar 2012
An excellent device. Paired straight away with my phone (HTC Desire Z), good volume levels and a choice of 3 different sound settings.A few comments have been made about the quality of sound, just change the earphones to something you find more suitable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great device and simple to use., 21 Sep 2011
L. W. Newton "lwn83" (Nottingham, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My old Bluetooth ear piece was tinny and lost connection very easily, but this Samsung device is superb, simple and easy to set-up with auto pairing, no more messing about having to pair the device every time you switch it on. my phone (Nokia 5530 express music) picked the device up straight away without any fuss.

I am impressed with the sound quality of this head set, music sounds great and is stereo, the device has 3 preset sound modes, the only let down is a little weakness in volume but that don't really bother me.

I been using this device on my bike, no more messy cable , the only problem I have is the buttons should be more pronounced as the can be a little fiddly to find the correct one.

Making and receiving calls is easy, just the push of a button and voice activation.

The headset comes with a mains charger, OK pair of headphones with a short cable and user instructions.

Overall a decent headset, I like the voice prompts and tiny size of this device, the button response is slow but that could be my aging phone!!

4 Stars.