5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published on 22 Sep 2012 by J. A. Rees

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless
Made absolutely no difference what so ever, doesnt do a thing it claims to do, dont waste your money just a gimmick.
Published 14 months ago by Debbie

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Sep 2012
This review is from: Balance Active Formula Wrinkle Freeze Serum 30 ml (Personal Care)
Although the account is in my husband's name I use it more than he does so this review is another one from the female perspective. I have tried many 'lifting' and freezing type products over the years as I have oily skin I don't suffer with dehydration wrinkles but do have expression lines, the ones bothering me the most were a deep horizontal line that has been evolving on my forehead and my marionette lines. Some of the 'many' products as mentioned above that I've tried are, Prevage (would not normally go for something so expensive, it was a birthday surprise a few years ago), Gatineau defi-lift which was good, but expensive and quite temporary, Olay 3 point treatment cream and serum, Boots No 7 protect and perfect, Elemis Pro-collagen, Gale Hayman, Decleor (Hyrdrotenseur is brilliant)... the list could go on. None of them gave me the results that I hoped for. When I saw this had such good reviews and cost so little I popped it and the youth serum into my basket not really expecting much. From the first application of the Syn-ake I noticed a significant visible reduction in that hated forehead line and my eyes looked more youthful and 'awake' too.

The texture of the product is thin but not watery, like a very light lotion. I like that it's white because with my eyes it's nice to see clearly where the serum is sitting on my fingers so that I can target it more accurately. I tend to put a little more on areas where I know the muscles responsible for the lines etc are located, though I do sweep it all over my face. It sinks in very quickly but not so quickly that you can't spread it. There is no scent so it doesn't set off any of my sensitivities. I'm asthmatic with other allergies too and this doesn't set off any of them my skin remains itch and patch free.

I don't feel anything weird happening to my skin or face, no tingling or tightening sensation, but when I look in the mirror boy is there a difference. My most noticeable results have been on the forehead and around my eyes, which literally honestly look ten years younger. The heavy line is pretty much ironed out now sometimes I look in the mirror and have forgotten I ever had it. This and a thin layer of my beloved smashbox primer and my forehead is pretty youthful again, years of noisy sleep free children and hordes of demanding pets are lifted from my face. The results are not so noticeable on my marionette lines (from nose to outer corners of the mouth), though there has been some improvement there too and although not as much as on the upper part of my face still far better than anything else I have used and even though the lines themselves aren't completely gone my mouth looks fuller due to the relaxing of the 'purse string' muscle around it.

I'm recommending this to all my friends and am going to purchase another two bottles as soon as possible, one for myself as I never want to run out of this and one for my sister to try.

5.0 out of 5 stars im now gorgeous, 1 April 2014
i was beautiful ,and then i applied this and im now drop dead gorgeous..i wish i had discovered this in my 20's,...im now 83...and believe you me, all my wrinkles have frozen...wonderful ...

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 8 Aug 2012
This stuff is brilliant! I bought the original product on the High Street and have since been unable to find it anywhere. As I was getting desperately low on supplies, I tried to find it online and was successful with Amazon. I've been using it for about 18 months now and can honestly say it really does work! It's not magic - it won't take away lines completely but after using it for a week or so, deep lines on the forehead and sides of the mouth have diminished immensely. BUY IT! Use it every morning - you'll definitely notice the difference!!!Balance Active Formula Wrinkle Freeze Serum 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 9 Feb 2014
This stuff DOES make a difference to lines and wrinkles and I will def be ordering more. I mix it with other creams which have a creamier finish for Max effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Visible results after just a week!!, 18 April 2013
I have never written a review on anythng before ever!! However I have ended up on Amazon as I purchased the Balance Active Serum and Night cream in a cheap savers shop in town last Saturday while I was time wasting waiting for my friend to make their selection. I saw the serum marked at just £1.99 as was the night cream. I had just run out of my usual NUXE face creams which I order on line and I thought "what the hell" I will give this a go for just £4 for serum and face cream. I hadnt noticed much improvement in my forehead Number 11, as I like to call it (deep twin frown lines above my nose) so thought why not just get anything for now rather then waste money on expensive creams that are only moisturising and not delivering the anti aging promise.

Well seven nights and days applications later and I can honestly say there is such a noticeable reduction I ended up typing the product name into google to see if anyone else was A selling it...so I never run out EVER! Then to see if there were any reviews on it anywhere or had a found a secret unknown gem.

I am 36 and I have honestly tried all types of creams on my only problem area which is my forehead and frown lines. THey are exactly like my mothers so I know its what the future holds but I just thoguht they aged me and made me look tired. I have tried the Nip tuck frown fixer, soap and glory line dimiinisher and then some expensive NUXE deep line eraser and Avon products. NONE of them have produced any reduction or imrovement. I honestly think the snake venom freezes the forehead and its not just made up. My head feels no unpleasent sensation but the muscles do feel very relaxed and almost a cooling sensation about a minute after application.

I am stocking up on this serum and night cream and buying all the other products because for the first time ever I can say this stuff seriously works and is not just marketing nonsense. I think regardless of how advanced your lines are you should try this. I apply it to my whole face and then another application to the number 11 and my forehead.

Right I am off to make my purchases :)

1.0 out of 5 stars beware, 30 Nov 2013
Since using this product I have had really sore eyes even though I didn't use it too close to them I think I am allergic to maybe the syn-ake. please be aware.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 18 Oct 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry but, 6 Oct 2012
I haven't noticed any effect whatsoever and I have been using it for a while. I really wonder what all the other reviewers rave about.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrinkles, 2 May 2013
I can't decide weather it's working or not, but keep trying, and I don't fancy having Botox but probably need it, don't really want to grow old gracefully, more like disgracefully ......

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately does something...., 7 Nov 2011
JaxiB (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
I initially bought this product from Savers, however, when I returned to buy more they didn't have any - so Amazon saved me. I didn't think it would work, (especially as I'd not heard of the brand - and it was so cheap) but, you see a few lines here and there, and think what the hell, it just MIGHT work. I've tried many products over the years, even a "lifting" moisturiser which cost over 120.00, (although I don't usually spend anything like as much as that I hasten to add) and this serum in my opinion is as good, if not better.
It won't make lines disappear, of course, but I can honestly say that there is (after 5 weeks) a DEFINATE improvement in the fine crows feet, and one deep corner crease I have in the eye area, and my frown line has softened noticeably, and, it sounds corny, but there's a nice overall radiance or refreshed glow to my skin.
It's very runny though, so be aware it'll drip straight down your fingers (I've found it really softens the hands too, lol). After a while you might feel a very slight tightness around the eye and forehead area - I thought at first that the serum was maybe having a slightly drying effect on those areas although they didn't look dry, but I realised it was actually a very slight tightening sensation which must be the snake venom-like peptide. I have bought the eye cream which is also very effective and amazingly actually does what it says it will do, and a few other items in the range. It's not a miracle, it won't make you line free, but I am sure (so is my boyfriend), that without a doubt there is a visible improvement. I shall DEFINATELY re-buy before I run out!!!