‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the lot, 23 Dec 2012
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
This HAS to be the best of the Rock Chick books! I absolutely loved Luke and Ava. I think I must have read a different book to the reviewers om the .com website that hate Ava because of lying. Ummm, get pulled down, knocked down, kept down and walked over from a child you they too would do anything in their power to keep more hurt away. Lying?? NO! Self defense, YES!! Power to Ava, she is AWESOME and I bloody loved her!! And Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke - OMG every woman needs their own Luke!!

Another fabulous story that kept me up till 3am, on the edge of my seat as well has being in hysterics. No-one writes like KA does, she's the master!!!

5 stars aren't enough for this book, one of my KA favourites and that's saying something seeing as they all are!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow lotsa drama, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
I'd been looking forward to Luke's story for a while and although much of this was a solid read, I didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped.
This had even more drama and humour and badass alphas setting women's lib back several centuries with their actions than the other rock chick stories to date and I absolutely loved that. It kept me on the edge of my seat.

What I didn't love as much was the heroine, Ava. She jerked Luke around a few too many times for my comfort and I didn't warm to her or their relationship in the same way as the other couples. I would've been perfectly content for her to end up with Ren and thus leaving Luke free for someone more deserving of his commitment, fidelity and um filthy mouth.
Yes, Luke is a dirty talker. Praise be.

That said all of their relationship drama had me reading with my heart in my mouth several times. It's an engrossing and captivating read.
Recommended. Hopefully you'll love Ava more than I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty and Romantic, 15 July 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
I'm a big fan of Kristen Ashley but had not read any of her Rock Chick Series. After reading a sample of the new Rock Chick book that is to be released, I decided I would read this one as the characters in the new book feature in this story.

Considering these books are some of the first KA wrote, I can see the pattern of other books and Luke the hero in this one is as Alpha Male as all my favourite KA heroes. The heroine Ava is very funny. I loved how she had her alter egos of 'Good Ava' and 'Bad Ava' in her thoughts all the time giving her advice!

Ava has had a crush on Luke since she was 8 years old. He had always been nothing but nice to her even though in those days she was 'Fatty Four Eyes'. When Luke was 18 he left home and Ava didn't see him again until his fathers funeral. He looked pleased to see her and gave her a welcoming hug. They arranged to meet up later but when Ava heard her two sisters talking about Luke hugging her and her being too fat for him to get his arms around her then Ava vowed that the next time she saw Luke she would be thin and beautiful. She ignored all Luke's calls and lost lots of weight, got contacts and her appearance changed.

Fast forward five years and she needs Luke's help. From the minute they meet again, it's full steam ahead in their relationship. One thing I like about KA's books is the relationship normally takes place over a long period of time but with this one, it was a bit of insta-love and everything moves very fast in their relationship, most of which taking place over a week. Ava has a lot of insecurities stemming from when she was fat and from her childhood. She has had no luck with men from the minute her father walked out on the family when she was 16. She has had some relationships but none of them have worked out.

I enjoyed this story although some parts dragged, I also missed the usual epilogue. This book didn't have one but that's maybe because it's a series and the characters all feature in each others books. I'm glad I gave this series a go and I look forward to the new book which is Ren and Ally's story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely fantastic series!!! Although all the books are great Rock Chick Revenge is one of my favorites in the series. Can't wait for Ally's and Ren's story!Love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Chick, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant, I couldn't put it down. I've now read the entire series and other books by this author. All must reads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous story, 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Another great rock chick story. Ava and Luke story was great. Known each other for years and getting together in the end was great. Still you had the kidnapping going on and the fights which makes the story great. Although Ava had her share in life of bad things happen to her until Luke changed her life along with the rock chicks. Great read ready for the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luke and Ava' s Story, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
What can I say but another great 'Rock Chick' book. Every book I've read so far in this series is a great book.

This story is about Ava who has known Luke since they were kids and she has been in love with him since she was 8 years old. Ava was overweight and wore glasses and when she goes to see Luke she is wearing contact lenses and has lost 75 pounds. She is bent on getting revenge for her best friend Sissy, who is married to a man who cheats on her all the time. But Luke knows she is in town and up to something so he follows her. Of course Ava gets into trouble but after what happened to Jules he is not going to let her go at it alone, so he offers her his help.
So there is more gun fights, kidnapping, more drama and also something that is far more serious happens.

I don't want to give away spoilers so if you don't want to know stop now.
Ava gets touched up by an ex in her basement while Luke is upstairs looking for her.
Ava has a balsa attitude to it, which I didn't agree with. Any woman would be freaked out about and to me her attitude was all wrong. I didn't feel it fitted Ava' s character at all.

The book is great and no one would be disappoint with the 'Rock Chick' books. They are sassy, fall of attitude, love
Rock 'n' roll, have great taste in dress, and they all have a hot bunch guy at their backs. What else does a girl want?
There is drama, lots of it and I read this book in a day because I couldn't put it down as it had me gripped.
I would recommend this entire series to anyone they are easy to read and I have found my book boyfriends all in this one series.
I can't wait to read the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars my fav of the series, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
K.A never disappoints ive loved this series but this one is easily the best of them all

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Loved Ava she is so sweet!! She had no idea how lovely she was and didn't think she deserved Luke. Brilliant as she's so clueless. Luke was yuuummmmyyy!! That moustache!! Anyway, another great book, interesting secondary character's and lots of input about previous character's so all round great read. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Rock Chick Revenge (Kindle Edition)
After Indy and Lee, Ava and Luke have to be my next favourite characters although I must say reading that Luke had a moustache half way through the book dampened my hankering somewhat (after all does anyone find a tache sexy???). Good story with plenty of action and I also liked the fact that more new characters were introduced and the old ones appeared less. Only real disappointment and the reason why this only got 4, is because there are a bad and good thoughts going on in Ava's head which personally I didn't like, fortunately however they are shown in italic text so I quickly learnt to skip those lines.

Another great read from this author, would definitely recommend reading this series (in order).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›