5.0 out of 5 stars Top Rubber
Quality hard wearing tyre at a great price. First pair I have tried of these Schwalbe's but first impressions are they give a great ride, are very grippy, and no punctures so far!
Published 3 months ago by Mr. S. J. Handley

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 Punctures in 3 days!!!!! Rubbish!!!!!!
Published 2 months ago by J

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 Punctures in 3 days!!!!! Rubbish!!!!!!, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Schwalbe Durano 700 X 23C Wired Tyre with Raceguard (Sports)
I bought these after constantly getting punctures on a weekly basis. I reviewed many comments and ratings for these tyres making them sound amazing, long lasting, puncture resistant etc. So you can imagine my suprise when in the space of 3 journeys to and from work i have had 3 punctures. One was a piece of glass stuck in the tyre the other 2 were stones. I run the tyres at around 95-100 psi which i was advised to by most bike shops.

Categorically i can say that this is the worst 40 i have ever spent, the tyres are soft and no better than the cheaper lugano range.

I would recommend Continental gator skins which I have been able to find for a similar price.

Do not be fooled by the reviews you read these are not amazing tyres!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Rubber, 24 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grip!, 18 Dec 2013
I am a schwalbe fan, so my opinion may be bias as I have 5 other sets tyres of this brand.
The tyres look fine, fitted them without strugling. It is hard to comment on puncture portection as it is down to chance, but the grip is very good on slippery, muddy winter roads.
I have noticed they behave well and gave me confidence with cornering at speed on doubtful roads surfice. Would recomend them. The weight difference against other top of the range winter road tyres may be off putting, but frankly I have not noticed any slugishnes, and rather loose a smidget of speed but not have to stop to fix a puncture whilst shivering.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good tyres!!, 22 Oct 2013
I have now covered around a hundred miles on a pair these, mainly in wet conditions. Grip is good, even when cornering hard and they roll along nicely. I am well satisfied with these tyres so far.

Update.

3 months on and the rear tyre has given up! Started to split away from the wire bead and tear along the tyre wall resulting in a blow out and a scrapped tube into the bargain! Dangerous and not what one would expect from a quality tyre. A shame as these grip and roll well otherwise.

ARRAY(0xb1c4b180)