5.0 out of 5 stars Robust light, good illumination and charge retention.
I bought this light for my son's bike, having had one myself for 4 months which has been used on my daily bike ride commute, rain or shine, and not given any problems. It seems solidly constructed and is compact for its performance capabilities.

Published 27 days ago by SAL

3.0 out of 5 stars Good light but design flaws
This is a well reviewed bike light at full RRP from various cycling sites that have tested it - that is 89.99 I think so for the price I paid 40 I am quite happy.

At present I only ride road so for that it is very good although I haven't tested it out on long rides or for waterproofness.

It is only chargeable via USB or mains adaptor which is...
Published 10 months ago by Ace reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust light, good illumination and charge retention., 26 July 2014
This review is from: Moon XP300 Front Light (Sports)

Most of my commute riding has been during daylight hours and I have preferred to use the flashing mode to highlight my presence on the road. A weekly charge of the battery lasts the 10 journeys of 30-35 minutes each which I make, so reasonably happy with that.

Used these lights on the recent Dunwich Dynamo ride, on a permanent setting, and they provided good illumination in the lanes where no other lighting available, and lasted the night. The ability to switch between the brightest setting and a medium and low one for when passing through otherwise well-lit village streets was helpful, so I don't have any negative comments regarding the number of settings - you just get used to navigating through the modes when all you need is the flashing one (the final option).

Also got the rear light which is sometimes sold as part of a set with this front light; similarly very happy with its performance.

The ability to charge either from the mains or via a USB point gives good flexibility.

Hence based on my experiences to date I am very happy to recommend this unit - although I wouldn't want to pay the manufacturer's recommended price, so these 5 star comments are made with the value for money caveat that I managed to pay less than 40 for the front light unit (and just 60 for the combined front & rear set earlier this year).

5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructible use for everything, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Moon XP300 Front Light (Sports)
Had one of these about 18months used it on bike a bit use it all time at work stays charged for ages besy bright had it duck taped to the lance of a power washer cleaning underneath of my landrover , far better than a mag light fit in hand and pocket , good on bike got rear light as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Moon XP300 Front Light (Sports)
For the price this is brilliant, perfect for my commute and also for the longer trips out. Easy to fit and really good having the different settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Moon XP300 Front Light (Sports)
I already have one of these lights so bought my husband one for his bike. The first one to arrive had a fault and didn't charge properly, but this was replaced very easily and the replacement is great. Bright and lasts well. Thanks Amazon for sorting the replacement even though we were outside of the 30 days when the fault was noted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Moon XP300 Front Light (Sports)
Fantastic product great value. Perfect for night, great vision.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good light but design flaws, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Moon XP300 Front Light (Sports)

It is only chargeable via USB or mains adaptor which is included.

The problem I have is with the bracket. I like my front lights to be on the bars to the right of the stem. The instructions are in Chinglish so I fitted it there, close to the stem. It was only when I tried to remove the light that I realised that it is not designed for there!

It locks securely to the mount but the problem is it does actually lock there. To remove it you need to depress the lock tab at the back of the light mount - you guessed it - on the back left! FFS!

So if you want to fit it close to the stem the only possible place to do this is on the left otherwise you won't be able to depress the tab without tools. For someone that has always fitted lights to the right of the stem this is annoying.

My second complaint is the amount of modes it has - 5. This is 2 too many. It has "overdrive" which is ideal for unlit roads, high, medium, low & flashing.

From my eyes flashing is just as bright as overdrive although obviously not on all the time. In built up & lit areas I use flash as this saves the battery, allegedly. Therefore I see no real point in medium & low - it's just another press to cycle through modes - flash being the last mode.

As a result the bracket is under designed & the light over designed - a strange combo.

I'm never gonna use the helmet mount as I always think bulky things like this would obviously just compromise a foam helmet if you landed on it.

A second bike mount - that was adjustable or released from the rear would have been better.

*** Warning - AVOID Y FRAME "DISCOUNTS" - They plaster their ads with the words "Trusted Seller" - yet sell the BRACKET ALONE - without light for 75.28 - Yes that's 75 - Seventy Five pounds. In what way is that Trustworthy? LOL!

*** Edit 30/12/13 - after having owned this light for a while I am uprgading the review. This is a fantastic light for the price. I have got used to it only being mountable on the left of the stem. It has been through the monsoon like weather we have experienced recently and hasn't missed a beat. From my eyes 90% of the time it is the brightest light I see on the road - apart from idiots illegally using MTB lights - which is just stupid.

I use it on flash in built up areas and it doesn't dazzle others as I direction it correctly. The overdrive setting illuminates a good 30 metres in front on unlit roads and enough to avoid the multiple potholes and a speed of around 15-20 MPH can be maintained safely.

So good I am considering buying another!

Moon XP300 Front Light - Matt Black