on 23 August 2011
Wanted a phone without answering machine, with a larger number display and speakerphone facility.
The numbers are much larger/easier to read on this screen than most others I looked at. The speakerphone is also one of the best I've used. All handy features when the eyes and ears are not working as well as they used to! Handsets also have a sound equalizer option to optimize the voice of the person phoning, though I haven't needed to use it.
Bonuses for me were the ability to select and send all the stored numbers from one phone to the other 2 thus avoiding having to enter them all again and again. It is also possible to store different numbers on different phones should this be preferred so in theory 3 phones could hold 300 different numbers between them.
Each phone can be named rather than plain old 1,2,3. Another handy feature is that if a call is answered on one phone another person can join in by simply pressing the answer button on one of the other phones. So a three way conversation is possible. Very handy if someone has already answered the phone upstairs. (There is also a privacy feature to disable this).
Handset can be used as an alarm clock and Each handset can be set to a different alarm time.
Uses standard AAA NiMH batteries which can be easily replaced when they deteriorate in a few years.
GAP compatible,up to 6 phones can be registered, so I could still make use of my old phones. Could even put one in the bathroom but why spoil the one safe hiding place in the house!
11 comment|162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2011
Purchased these to replace two Philips DECT phones, as I needed 3 phones, and the sound quality of the Philips was never too good.
Delivery from Amazon was earlier than expected, setup and installation was very straightforward,and the instruction book quite adequate.
Facilities are very good, and use is very intuitive, once you recognise some of the strange icons. The ECO feature is very useful, reduces transmission power and reduces energy consumption. Good selection of ring tones, and display is easy to read with large text.
Sound quality is OK, but not exceptional. Speakerphone and intercom features are also very useful.
In summary, I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 8 October 2011
These phones are really easy to set up and I love the facility to copy your numbers from one phone to the others. It means you only have to enter numbers once to have them on all your phones. It is also useful to be able to name each phone as you know where they should be... cordless phones tend to get put down all over the place. The handsets are sturdy and quite attractive. Range and battery life are reasonable. The sound quality is good but I wish there was some way to use the equaliser without taking the phone away from your ear to do it! Rather defeats the object. I chose the model without the answerphone as BT answer does the job these days. Caller ID is displayed if you have the service on your line. When one phone is in use there is a clear "Line in Use" message on the other phones which saves you hassle. You can easily transfer from one phone to another or set up a conference call using multiple handsets. You do have to watch it when you end a call as the button does not always cut you off straight away. You need to check the display to make sure the call has ended.
on 26 July 2011
Bought to replace another Panasonic phone, which has given years of good service. The new phones are of the same high quality, with the same Panasonic "look and feel". The effective range from the base station is good - one extension functions fine two storeys away, and through 13 inch thick solid walls. Contrary to one review I read (may have been an older model), it IS possible to transfer directory numbers from one phone to another in this set to eliminate re-keying. I just wish I had read the instructions before programming the second handset..........
11 comment|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 October 2011
The phones were easy to set up. I only needed to type in the directory on one handset - this was then transferrable to the other.

An excellent feature is call-barring. I'm using it to stop those annoying silent calls from Sales and Marketing 'Organisations'. This feature will not work if they withold their number!

Another plus for me is that the phones do not interfere with my broadband in any way.

The handsets are a decent size and speech level is very good in both directions.

The best cordless phones I've ever bought.
on 7 October 2011
The usual very quick delivery from Amazon. The phones arrived well packed and while the batteries were on their initial 7 hour charge I looked through the handbook. Not sure if it is a fault in the translation or just Panasonic trying to cram too much in too small a space but the Operating Instructions do not read well.
Actually setting the phones up was easier than the instruction booklet had led me to expect, the confusing instructions becoming clearer with a phone in my hand.
The large display font is easy for me to read without glasses. Loading the phonebook was quick and copying to the other handsets easy. Sound quality and range are excellent. There are 40 ringtones to play with - it may take some time to settle on suitable ones.
Bought these three phones as a replacement for a BT Diverse system, two of the three handsets having failed. Pleased with the Panasonic set (so far).
on 28 August 2011
I always seem to buy Panasonic. TVs, DVD players, and now phone. So far I have never had a complaint and same goes for this pair of phones. Delivered quickly and easy to set up. I love the ability to copy the contact number list between sets. My 7 year old loves the 40 ring tones, especially the two Christmas ones, which I know will be used in December! Overall I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 28 October 2011
We've tried a few different BT phones and the quality was rather poor (terrible reception with one, stopped working altogether with the second!). The reception on these phones, however, is excellent anywhere in the house, even out onto the terrace. Also, the Panasonic is so easy to set up you don't even need to read the instructions. And the menu functions are so easy to follow again no instructions needed. Absolutely brilliant quality, especially for the price. I'm VERY pleased with this purchase!
on 21 July 2011
Bought this as a new product, without any previous reviews. Delighted.
It's slightly light on hearing volume when on a call, but not a problem.
Feels tactile and is easy to use. I woud buy this in preference to lots of other products on offer.
on 4 October 2011
A good looking twin set of phones. I set both up within 15 minutes and left them charging for around 4 hours. Menus are easy to master and good choice of ring tones. I would have liked to have seen a sim card reader in the main base to transfer numbers from old phone, but it did not take too long to key them in. You only have to put the numbers into one phone and then copy them to the other handset via the wireless link.
Nice phone to handle and the speaker volume is good. Mine are both running in eco mode with no problems.