5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little tool!
I decided to purchase this sponge applicator by Cosmopolitan after watching Gossmakeupartist's video on YouTube in which he stated it was a pretty perfect dupe to the infamous 'Beautyblender'!

Published 19 months ago by Parisa

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!
This was so promising as a budget beauty blender. It worked brilliantly when I used it but when I washed it, very gently I might add, it fell apart!
It split in almost two pieces & then the next wash it split in another place!
Such a shame as it could've been great.
Published 16 months ago by Lisajt

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little tool!, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (Personal Care)

Now, the Beautyblender is egg-shaped whereas this sponge looks more like a bloated hourglass with a point at the top. The sponge feels firm and soft, and doesn't feel rough against skin. The shape makes it easier to hold and the pointed end is ideal for really getting into areas such as around the nose and eyes.

So, to use it, I simply wet the sponge under a tap for a couple of seconds, then wring up the excess water. By wetting the sponge it expands to twice it's size. I take my foundation of choice, apply some on the back of my hand and then dip the flat end of the sponge into the foundation then dot it around my face. The idea is to 'bounce' the foundation all over your face, not rub it around like you would with a brush. The motions of bouncing should ensure your foundation goes on as smooth and flawlessly as possible, looking completely streak-free.

It really does work to apply foundation as close to that airbrushed finished as possible, and makes it so easy! I have used the sponge with several different foundation types - Estee Lauder Double Wear which is a liquid foundation, MAC Studio Sculpt which has a gel consistency and also MAC Studio Fix Powder, a pressed powder foundation. With each foundation it has delivered a perfectly blended finish. The sponge works very well with both pressed powder and loose powder. I use the tip of the sponge to apply concealer under my eyes - it fits well within the contours and also around my nose.

To clean the sponge I simply wash it in warm water with either bar soap or baby shampoo. I dry it by squeezing it in a towel the use the circular holder it came in to maintain the shape.

I used to use synthetic brushes to apply my foundation, such as the Real Techniques Stippling and Buffing brushes, as well as the Sigma F82 and Everyday Minerals Flat-Top Kabuki brushes, but I honestly love this sponge the best for applying foundation now. It really makes a difference to the way that my foundation looks and has cut down the application time much quicker, and I never have to worry about streaks or patches. Wholeheartedly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (Personal Care)
This sponge is trully amazing. I have very dry skin and usually, when I applied make up on with a regular sponge, everybody could see dry patches on my face. With this sponge I can achieve a flawless look!! It's really great, I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheaper alternative to the Beauty Blender, 14 Jan 2012
This review is from: Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (Personal Care)
This sponge is wonderful! It works the same way as the beauty blender - it's just 10 cheaper! You can use baby shampoo to clean it instead of buying the expensive beauty blender sponge cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Identical to a beauty blender sponge ., 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (Personal Care)
Identical to the real thing.long lasting and easy to use, really compliments my makeup collection. Love this makeup tool. Every makeup guru needs one of these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (Personal Care)
It split in almost two pieces & then the next wash it split in another place!
Such a shame as it could've been great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, fast delivery, 4 July 2014
Great item,fast delivery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me..., 1 July 2014
This review is from: Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (Personal Care)
Now I can't claim to be that knowledgeable about make up or make up application, but I had heard a lot of good things about these beauty blender type sponges, so decided to get this one. I used it with Elizabeth Arden's Flawless Finish Foundation, followed the instructions.....and just got a horrible mess. I am almost 50 so I do have wrinkles, crinkles, large pores and adult acne. Far from giving an airbrushed effect... it actually accentuated all these things! This is my first cream powder foundation, and I regret throwing out the Liz Arden sponge as it was fantastic. I had tried to clean it and failed, so thought I had better bin it and buy some new ones. Not having much luck.... I bought some cheap ones off of Amazon and they were too small to use, then I bought this!

The search goes on!

4.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (Personal Care)
As said by someone else it gives a rather sheer look which is not what i aim for i like heavy coverage to cover my uneven skin tone. Also when used "damp" as advised by others, it make my face left feeling really greasy. And that is coming from someone with very very dry skin ..but then also maybe thats why - im not used to my face feeling .. moist. Also 2.50 in shops and ive seen it on offer which is better then 4 on here

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (Personal Care)
haven't tried the real beauty blender but I see no need too- this product is so fantastic, my makeup looks so much better! If you are sitting on the fence, definitely get this. I bought another one just in case this one ever breaks or gets lost because I couldn't do without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value product, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (Personal Care)
This is a lovely product especially for the price, really helps make my makeup look seamless and natural. Love it, and will definitely repurchase.

Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge