5.0 out of 5 stars Love the fingertoes!
Published on 6 Aug 2011 by dno360

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected
I was really hoping this would be a good product but alas it failed to be. I dont normally leave reviews but I felt this needed to be written to warn others.

Published on 26 Jun 2012 by Westy

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the fingertoes!, 6 Aug 2011
This review is from: Vibramę FiveFingers Men's Speed Trainer (Apparel)
Bought these around 3 months ago, the black and white ones and they are fantastic. I was aware of the natural running movement but basically bought them on impulse because they looked funky! They are however extremely comfortable and enjoyable to wear, like wearing socks as they're so minimal and it really feels strange when I have to wear heavier footwear. [how about some with little individual steel toecaps for work, Vibram? ;)] I have worn these for running, long walks on the South Downs, out casually and all day long and really can't fault them. I wear them every week in the gym and for circuit training and they feel fantastic for that, I definitely feel more sensation and control, hard to explain. I am still building up running in them, as it takes time to adapt to running on the balls of your feet but can already confirm that they don't cause knee pain, unlike in traditional padded trainers which encourage me to heel strike.
Three things to mention;
Wearing them without socks means they quickly get stinky and need throwing in the washing machine every other time you use them. (Was actually on here to get some five toe socks! Will review those when I have them.) They come out looking good as new each time though, which is a relief.

Not sure if they'll be warm enough come the wet winter..? :(

Be prepared to have people stop you in the street and ask about them and for others to blatantly point and stare! Some people are properly spun out by them, others are curious and plenty think they're cool too. Wearing them at a party or the gym, any social interaction really will guarantee plenty of conversation!

I got these because they were the best styled, like trainers at first glance, some of the others look like divers shoes. I hope Vibram come up with some more 'street' styles, tempt more people into them and I want some more!

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great, 10 Mar 2013
Closest thing to not having any foot wear, which is good.
Came pretty quickly to be fair
In all im happy with the product & the service

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Vibrams, 5 Mar 2014
I wear these for my kettlebell training. Really comfy and love the way they look. Give me a good connection with the floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars On first inspection they seem very overpriced, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Vibramę FiveFingers Men's Speed Trainer (Apparel)
They look tiny, but I did get them on, eventually (my toes did not want to go into the 'fingers').
Time will tell if they are actually too small - I ordered a size bigger than usual.
My index toe is longer than my big toe so perhaps I'm a foot freak? (Certainly that second toe is feeling the pinch!)
These are made in China and appear very cheap and flimsy.
I'd guess they cost maybe one per cent of the selling price to manufacture.
From the pictures and the high cost i was expecting a far better product.
I cannot envisage running in these shoes as there is no cushioning or padding in the sole.
The remind me a bit of rock climbing footwear or the like.
I hope they will improve the health of my feet and I'll persevere and update this review later.

Update. I ordered the wrong size. Because I had toughed it out for 4 hours I could not send them back. My toes ended up in agony :(. However, I cut the webbing a little on three toes, leaving the rubber sole in tact, and now they are (almost) perfect. Please note that you may need to order 2 sizes bigger than your normal shoes. They give a whole new experience to walking and I suspect they will do great things for posture, balance, strength and all sorts of other benefits.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vibram shoes, 27 Nov 2011
Edgar G. Escobar "foxmul123" (Baghdad, Iraq) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vibramę FiveFingers Men's Speed Trainer (Apparel)
I love this shoes. I mainly use them to work out at the gym and some times I wear then when I go running. Only negative is that I notice it was falling apart in some spots around the toes. This are my second pair and I will keep buying them as I need them in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, 26 Jun 2012

The shoes themselves are very comfortable to wear and have no problems in them when walking. However I have taken them out on a run several times and have only experienced pain! The product does definitely allow you to feel the contours of the running surface! The problem is, although you do get great grip and they change your running stance for the better, a slight little rock or pebble can be felt straight in your foot. This Makes it almost impossible to run in in the outdoors environment. Ideally these are best suited for low impact and treadmill based running.

Very disappointed and I feel its a lot of money to spend for shoes I will mainly now use walking around the house, i.e. not very often.

Vibramę FiveFingers Men's Speed Trainer