on 5 January 2016
I read this several weeks ago and found it confusing. I don't think that this was necessarily the author's fault, as I was n absolute beginner and knew nothing of the indie publishing process. Having read more widely it's proving to be an interesting and potentially useful book. My only quibble is that there are a fair few typos, otherwise it would get that extra star.
on 13 November 2013
Loved the book. It gives so many tips and ideas that I haven't found in any other self-publishing guides that I bought, and I have a quite a collection of them. True, the book is promoting Smashwords big time, but then it looks to me that Smashwords IS the way to go.
on 27 October 2013
I do find it ironic that the founder of Smashwords makes both grammatical and formatting errors. But I don't care, which is also ironic. I feel the guy is a hero and am grateful that he's written such a helpful book. Nice one.
on 9 March 2015
For us modern day authors the concept of marketing is a baffling one. This guide helps to clarify different approaches in the digital age and is full of useful information invaluable to any self-published ebook author.
on 9 November 2015
There is some great advice here. Easy to understand and follow, and a great little book to own. Some of the advice is more geared to non-fiction writers, but it is useful for all authors.
on 19 November 2014
Another great book for authors with lots of tips that you might find difficult to otherwise discover. Seeing as it is free there is no excuse for missing the opportunity it offers.
on 16 April 2013
This is a handy little guide that has covered every part of the subject well and in great detail. New authors will find this book an extremely helpful guide.
on 8 January 2014
I read it and enjoyed it - honestly. However, although I'm sure it contained lots of very good advice, I'm afraid I can't remember a damn' thing about it.
on 5 January 2013
Engaging writing style - wish all how-to books were so fluid. Haven't put the advice into practice yet but I liked the clarity - gave me confidence
on 16 October 2013
This book gives good info and for the price - free - you can't go wrong. Mark knows his stuff and should be on every budding novelists book shelf.