5.0 out of 5 stars raving
I cannot help but rave about this series enough. It is well worth reading.

Published on 25 Jan 2012 by read-along-with-sue

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the others.
Published on 22 Oct 2012 by Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars raving, 25 Jan 2012
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I cannot help but rave about this series enough. It is well worth reading.

I was lucky to get the first book in this series for free download to my Kindle "A sentence of a Marriage". When I had read this book halfway through I looked up the artist and saw there were follow on books to this saga, I downloaded them all. I've been totally hooked on the life of Amy and her family. Her stepmother is one piece of work, but, as you read more and more of this story her life enfolds and you kinda feel sorry for her stepmother.

In this book, lots of things unfold. Mal, her eldest son is getting more and more like his father, which is NOT a good thing and no respect for Amy, hes learnt a lot from his father!!! and nothing good, will Amy be able to turn Mal around? Davie her 2nd son is nothing like her first born son.

What about Ann who she had to give away? I just needed to find a good ending to this, but is it?

Nothing is quite what it seems in this saga, and I am loving every minute of it.

Well worth a read.

A note for the author: I cannot praise this lady enough. I emailed her to see if shes working on any other books! I love the way she writes, she has a sort of Catherine Cookson about her where she really brings the people to life. 1800's, I just don't even realise I am transported back in time except for the lack of laws that we have now [and thank God we have] for our protection.

If these books were published in paperback I would surely buy them to pass on to friends to read who I know would love them!

Thank you Shayne Parkinson for this fantastic read!

5.0 out of 5 stars a great end, 11 Mar 2012
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
although im sad to see this series end, it ended in a such a way that you couldn't help smile, loved the characters and the story, the best series i think ive read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the others., 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I loved the first three books in this series. I also loved the first half of this book and what happened to her in Auckland. However, I thought that the second half of the book wasn't as good as the earlier ones. It seemed to me as if the writer was just trying to fill the pages when the story had already been told. I did finish the book, though and it seems as if I'm the only person who wrote a review to feel this way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Second Chance (Promses to Keep), 10 April 2012
Tina Watson (Solihull, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Have loved all the books in this series. Have read all 4 of them one after the other! Feel really sad that they've come to an end.

5.0 out of 5 stars second chance, 8 Mar 2012
Mrs. D. Parkyn (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Icant say anymore than the previous two reviews absolutley fantastic all 4 books by this author,you cannot NOT read all four books, never a dull moment, exciting,emotional,adventorous.Iam new to a kindle reader and this has made me read a lot more authors than my usual ones.Cant wait for the author to write her next book.Wonder if it will follow on like the previous ones, it really makes you feel like you are there with the characters.Good luck to the author,and please dont take long with your next book.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 July 2011
Doreen Dowling (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I can only urge anybody reading this review to purchase the book, you will not be disappointed. The only disappointment is when you read the last sentence and feel bereft at coming to the end of such a fantatic series. So well written, so historically based on the social history of the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of a series., 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This is one of a series of books the first Sentence to Marriage was on the 100 free books and was so good I had to buy this book and 2 others. I loved all three books about a family in the antipodes especially a young girl and how she copes with her life and and her family and friends growing around her.

4.0 out of 5 stars A second chance, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I got very board of this book I carried on reading it and it did get better but it lacked what the other books in the set had and it didn't have a great ending but as a whole I enjoyed these books and I would recommend them

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive reading!, 3 July 2012
L. Josey - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded the first book of this series for free and since finishing that one, have downloaded and paid for them all!!
Brilliant, heartwarming, funny and tear inducing books that even for an avid thriller reader, are totally addictive.
Very well written, moves along at a pace that makes you want to read on until you fall asleep.
Can't say anything other than GET THEM ALL NOW!!

4.0 out of 5 stars OK to finish the saga but not as a standalone, 29 July 2014
S. Farnaby (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I have loved the Promises to Keep series and looked forward to the next book of Amy's and her family's trials and tribulations. As a final instalment to that saga this book is OK but for me it would not work as a stand alone. I did find her and Sarah's relationship rather twee and the continued use of 'dearest' did grate. I am not sure a single, successful business woman would have used language like that. Having said that I did enjoy what I assume will be the final tale dealing mainly with Amy. Thank you Shayne Parkinson for keeping me entertained and eagerly awaiting the next instalment. I shall miss Amy.

A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4)