5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful......, 23 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Tell Me A Tale EP - The Isle of Wight Sessions (MP3 Download)
I heard "Tell me a Tale" purely by accident........wow. This guys is incredible - such a fantastic voice, soothing and serene vocals with almost retro 60's feel to the music - i almost felt i was transported back in time. Comparisons to classic soul singers abound, This guy is gonna be huge and well deservedly so.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly distinctive EP from a truly inimitable artist., 20 Jun. 2011
I discovered Michael on YouTube, whilst watching a video of another artist an advert for his new EP popped up. I was blown away the first moment I watched the video to his song "Tell Me A Tale". I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing; very rich, gritty sounding vocals from a young male Soul singer. His voice is very similar to the likes of Bill Withers, and Al Green - but truly distinctive. His music really makes you feel. This EP is very retro sounding, and you can tell he has been inspired by the artsits I named above. Michael Kiwanuka is one to watch for 2011.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tell Me A Tale - The Isle of Wight Sessions, 29 July 2012
Mr. Gary Adens "G" (scotland) - See all my reviews
Great Music at a very good price! Michael Kiwanuka was recommed to me by my sister I have since heard the album and I am sure it will be an album which I will be listening to for years to come, reminds me of Astral Weeks by Van Morrison and the like!

5.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS IN THE U.S. STORE ASAP!!!!, 8 Jun. 2011
SERIOUSLY!?!?
UK only on both iTunes & Amazon. I'm dying here. Get Michael Kiwanuka in the U.S. Store immediately! How tough can it be? Ok, probably quite difficult & likely expensive as well, but I'm really eager to give away some of my hard earned money to you for this product! Make it So!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it but can't buy it, 15 July 2011
DW (chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
Great mellow soul. "Tell Me A Tale" reminds me of Jon Lucien's "Search For The Inner Self". Is he backed by Budos Band? I also hear echoes of Ritchie Havens and Motown. Just great stuff. Unfortunately, I can't buy it because I don't live in UK.

[DW]

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 7 Sept. 2011
smooth smooth soulful voice and heartfelt words. Beautiful indeed! If you like Ben Haper then I think you will like this guy to.