5.0 out of 5 stars Different Take, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: Selection Event (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, I think its title doesn't do it justice, it doesn't sound very exciting, but its a great story, well written, and entertaining.I especially liked the animals in the story as well, and the main characters, , and I really disliked the bad guys, read it in 2 days, and would def recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Selection Event (Kindle Edition)
I've waited 20+ years for someone to write this book! I've discovered my latest favourite author! :-D

I think I'll get on and read another....

4.0 out of 5 stars An Original Story, 6 Aug 2011
This review is from: Selection Event (Kindle Edition)
I liked this, the characters are really well written and the story is different from anything else I've read. My only complaint is that the beginning is good but it drags a bit in the middle, however it gets back momentum at the end. Best non-zombie post apocalyptic book I've read so far, though parts of it are a bit overly philosophic.
Unlike a lot of apocalyptic stories there isn't a huge amount of violence in this one, it's basically about a man gathering others and trying to make his way in a world where almost eveyone is gone. You can really feel for the characters struggles because they are likeable, but the bad guys are just as well written which makes a nice change.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really liked this book, 21 Nov 2014
This review is from: Selection Event (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this book, it's an interesting concept and well written. None of us know how we would behave in similar circumstances and the story illustrates the good and the bad that people exhibit in extreme situations.
It's a very engaging read and I found myself hoping that the main characters came through. I read this book quickly because I found it hard to put down.
(On a personal note as a dog lover, I found it endearing that the importance of pets to our wellbeing and affections occupies a position of prominence in the story).

David Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, thoughtful post apocalyptic thriller, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Selection Event (Kindle Edition)
This is a well written book about the world being wiped out by plague, or rather the world post plague and this is a plague with 99.99 etc % fatality . The main character is in an isolated room doing a social experiment. When he comes out he finds almost everyone is dead. the characters are pretty good, there are animal heroes too, it's gripping, it's pretty reasonable and realistic, the characters are good, all the events and decisions felt rational and logical, at no point did I feel that this is silly as with some books. I really enjoyed the feel of it and the style, I felt very comfortable reading it, I didn't want to hurry through it like some books but rtather saviour it. It kind of tails off at the end a little bit and I would like to see a second book and a bigger settlement, a school etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Cracker, 25 Sep 2011
Oh My,

This is a goodun..

Love the story,how it was written, the people who I loved and hated!!! Joshua you DOG!!!

Great book read in 2 days and I could go read it again now...

5.0 out of 5 stars Characters are brilliantly drawn. You can 'see' what they see, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Selection Event (Kindle Edition)
Another superbly written tale of a post-apocalyptic world. Characters are brilliantly drawn. You can 'see' what they see, feel what they feel, and it's all done with that same incisive style as Wightman's other books. One I shall read again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Nov 2014
This review is from: Selection Event (Kindle Edition)
Makes a really excellent change to read an end-of-civilisation book that is inspired by good values. Of course there are weirdos out there and this story mentions them but this story is one of hope.uhh

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 27 Oct 2014
This review is from: Selection Event (Kindle Edition)
This is a really good book and amazingly there are no spelling mistakes. I had to keep reading till the end I just couldn't put it down.
Well done on such a brilliant book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Selection Event (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story, it made a great change to read a more gentle apocolypse story. I would like to read more about Martin s journey.

Selection Event