5.0 out of 5 stars They laughed but not for long
Published 21 months ago by Spender

2.0 out of 5 stars Well built batter and solar cells but overall disappointing package
Battery pack is very well made, but is only waterproof when nothing is plugged into it. Solar cells are sturdy and well made and fit into the case supplied, but don't expect them to work in overcast weather or indoors. However the cables don't fit into the case and are supplied in a separate pouch plus 3 that don't really fit anywhere. Also the USB charging cables...
Published 3 months ago by strthnt@aol.com

5.0 out of 5 stars They laughed but not for long, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Powermonkey Extreme 5V and 12V Solar Portable Charger (Personal Computers)
I bought the extreme to upgrade from my previous Power Monkey as I had a 9 day trek in the Nepalese mountains planned and am so glad I did! The other trekkers laughed when I told them I had a Power Monkey with me but they soon changed their tune!! Two days in and the Extreme had lept to the rescue of many a camera and phone with people sheepishly asking if it could help in their hour of need. The power it holds is quite amazing, charging so many different bits of kit and so easy to recharge even using the solar panel in the glorious Nepal sun!! The great improvement over my previous model being the USB socket allowing so many more items to be charged than before and cutting out the need for the special "tips".

Am I happy that I bought this? Yes
Is it good value for money? Yes if you're a tech addict.
Would I recommend it? Yes I have and others have bought it!

All in all a great bit of kit, the only downside is turning the thing on can be a bit fiddley at times using the swipe pad but that is more a getting used to it issue than anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Biz, 1 Jan. 2012
J. D. Crome - See all my reviews
OK I got a Powermonkey Original as a pressie and thoough wow this good but it only charged my Nintendo Ds MP3s, Kindle and moby. The extreme Charges The Moby, an iPad, 3 Kensington power packs.,The Ninties a DS lite and 3DS (you need to buy extra tips) and a mini TV also a Roberts sport Radio all in one go and only lost two bars on the available charge power meter Sheesh this is an amazing piece of kit I am off to Canada in the summer and this is first on the packing list. The solar monkey included is very efficient and even on dull days charges the power pack but obviously it takes a bit longer than on a bright summers day. also you can charge devices direct from the solar panel. THE BUSINESS.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 11 July 2013
The battery capacity is huge compared to previous models and I've charged my toshiba at300 tablet with this unit. The unit is light weight waterproof with an accessory from power monkey. I almost emptied the battery of battery of power and it took two days of good sunlight to recharge it. If your looking for a high capacity mobile battery charging whilst on the move/backpacking then consider the power monkey extreme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powermonkey Solar Charger, 17 Oct. 2013
T. Hunt (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with this charger, as it does what it says on the tin. I was away camping for just over six weeks and this charger kept both mine & my wife's mobile phone and ipad fully charged and usable for the whole period. Very robust and well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased with Battery Pack, 29 Nov. 2012
Tremenous power availability during 12 day trek to Everest Base Camp. Charged my and friends' iPhones, cameras etc. topped up with solar panel during the day, think my connecting wire took a bash, which may have affected solar charging. Another friend had one too, and got a better solar charge than I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent gadget well worth the money, 9 Sept. 2013
I Bought this as my I phone 5 is very greedy on its battery, as I use it a lot on the internet..
This back up & solar device are excellent..Best thing I have ever bought for the i phone...6 months later it performs excellently...keeping my i phone going for over a week on one charge..with no mains in site..
Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Used on Cycle Tour, 27 July 2013
J. Dickerson (Lowestoft, Suffolk) - See all my reviews
Did a 5 week cycle tour this year and I'm so pleased I bought this before leaving. I met a couple of cyclists last year who were using one and I was quite envious. It is a professional bit of kit. I carried a lot of AA rechargeable batteries, I bought a small USB charger which would charge 1, 2, 3 or 4 AA/AAA batteries fast. Charging these and my LG smartphone (and spare phone battery) covered all my needs. Had the Powermonkey in my Ortlieb RackPack bag and the solar panels strapped to the top, worked perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeping the iPad charged in remote places, 4 April 2013
I got this so I could keep my iPad charged on extended walking trips in the wilderness . There is a weight issue, but as it comes with connectors and you can hang it from your pack while you walk to charge up it achieved my goal of keeping both an iPad and mobile phone charged up for when they were needed. On reflection I think I'd buy a darker colour next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product would highly recommend., 27 Jan. 2015
The power monkey extreme is a great product that does exactly what it suggests. I haven't had chance to use the solar charger yet so cannot comment on that functionallity yet.
The product comes in a neoprene like zip case, the only issue I have with this, is that the mains charger does not fit in the case, so when travelling abroad you cannot put all key components in one place to carry it. Pretty essential if you are travelling abroad.
Once you get the hang of the slide controls then it is simple to use, but don't worry as it also comes with credit card sized instruction cards which fit in the case nicely.

The full instructions are fairly basic, and hint that you can charge multiple devices off one usb port, but I haven't worked that one out yet, perhaps I need an extra cable. Overall very happy with the Power Traveller Powermonkey extreme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good customer service, 19 Aug. 2013
After finding my initial order did not charge my IPhone 5, I got a slow response from Power Monkey and thought I would return the item. However, when they responded (it did take a week), they very helpfully sent a replacement unit which arrived the next day and works fine.
They valued me as a customer and gave good customer service.