5.0 out of 5 stars They laughed but not for long
I bought the extreme to upgrade from my previous Power Monkey as I had a 9 day trek in the Nepalese mountains planned and am so glad I did! The other trekkers laughed when I told them I had a Power Monkey with me but they soon changed their tune!! Two days in and the Extreme had lept to the rescue of many a camera and phone with people sheepishly asking if it could help...
Published 15 months ago by Spender

2.0 out of 5 stars There I have just purchased one and have run a ...
I have just purchased one and have run a couple of tests. My example will fully charge my HTC One two and a half times before it runs out of juice. The HTC one has a battery of 2300mAh giving a total available charge of 2300x2.5 =5750mAh. When I phoned Powertraveler about this I was informed that this was normal due to losses in the charging process. So by my estimation...
Published 1 month ago by Frogfoot

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with manufacturers lack of communication, 6 Mar 2014
I bought this as I needed it for a camping trip, it had 70% charge on delivery! I set it up to charge using the solar panels. When they get to 99% they stop charging but when I plugged my phone in to charge that the charge immediately went down to 74% I was unable to fully charge the device using the solar panels even all day on a very sunny day! it kept saying it was fully charged but apon using it the charge would go down to just a few % higher than when I started charging! I contacted powermonkey but they can't be bothered to reply to my email so I am returning it. Maybe I was unlucky getting a faulty one but am disappointed that the manufacturers can't even respond to my email.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeping the iPad charged in remote places, 4 April 2013
I got this so I could keep my iPad charged on extended walking trips in the wilderness . There is a weight issue, but as it comes with connectors and you can hang it from your pack while you walk to charge up it achieved my goal of keeping both an iPad and mobile phone charged up for when they were needed. On reflection I think I'd buy a darker colour next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good customer service, 19 Aug 2013
After finding my initial order did not charge my IPhone 5, I got a slow response from Power Monkey and thought I would return the item. However, when they responded (it did take a week), they very helpfully sent a replacement unit which arrived the next day and works fine.
They valued me as a customer and gave good customer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than my last portable power unit for camping/hiking, will use, but still looking for a better product..., 14 Aug 2014
MoreChablis (God Waiting Room, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Generally works well... I tried recharging via solar panels, after 4-6 hours on the back of my bike (I was on cycle tour/camping), it charged to 25%, could have just been not sunny enough? Will try charging again soon for a test... As it is quite heavy, I think more power would have been nice, as its heavier than carrying 6 mobile batteries (which it is meant to be able to charge).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good storage shame about the quality of the adapters., 28 Jun 2014
As i was planning a cycle trip around britain, I wanted something that would charge my phone and garmin cycle odometer, also short use of a sat nav, liked the idea that the solar panel would top up when out and about which it did for a while, unfortunately the adapters and cables let me down, not of good quality, had to stop of at a maplins which were of a better quality, couldn't do much with the solar cable, on the whole its good storage but as long as you don't use it out and about it will be OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Powermonkey Extreme 5V and 12V Solar Portable Charger (Sports)
Bought this for my son who travels a lot.

He says it's excellent and recharges many times. Definitely worth the price if you're out and about a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars The future has arrived, 7 May 2014
I'm very impressed with this. I bought it so I could charge my S4 during the frequent power cuts that I get abroad in the Far East. What gives it four stars out of five is that, to begin with, I thought it wasn't working and it took me a little while to figure out that I had to set it to 'always on' in order to charge my phone successfully. Somehow, I turned it on, plugged in my phone and thought 'off we go' because I heard the little charging beep from my phone. When I checked later, the Powermonkey had turned itself off. With a little testing I was able to figure out how to keep it on all the time (the little guide card in the box does explain it but not in enough detail!) and we all lived happily ever after. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars 50/50 good and not so good, 7 May 2014
Good is the battery, really well made battery and solar panel and the battery is truly great holding its charge for a year or more without issue.

The solar panel, while being well made and can give your phone et al a charge, it is really only useful for an emergency charge to get a call made rather than for recharging the battery or recharging any device you have with you.

It gave my samsung s3 30% charge via the solar panel with 8 -10 hours of full summer sunlight... not great but sufficient in an emergency

As I say though, the battery itself is really superb

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for trekking, 3 Feb 2014
Used this while trekking for a month in Nepal. Never needed to use anything else to keep 2 cameras and a video camera charged at all times.
It is slow to charge in the sun but I found it easy to strap to my ruck sack and let it trickle charge for a couple of days.

Absolutely superb. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Power traveller extreme, 12 Jan 2014
Not used in anger yet but close examination indicates good quality. It arrived 73% charged - but better than being flat. My only gripe is the travel case - just such a pity that the fold up solar panel has no protection and does not fit within the provided reasonable quality case. It is a bit larger than expected and therefore not quite so useful to chuck in my pack but I am still comfortable with my selection.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›