5.0 out of 5 stars They laughed but not for long
Published 16 months ago by Spender

2.0 out of 5 stars There I have just purchased one and have run a ...
Published 2 months ago by Frogfoot

5.0 out of 5 stars They laughed but not for long, 15 May 2013
I bought the extreme to upgrade from my previous Power Monkey as I had a 9 day trek in the Nepalese mountains planned and am so glad I did! The other trekkers laughed when I told them I had a Power Monkey with me but they soon changed their tune!! Two days in and the Extreme had lept to the rescue of many a camera and phone with people sheepishly asking if it could help in their hour of need. The power it holds is quite amazing, charging so many different bits of kit and so easy to recharge even using the solar panel in the glorious Nepal sun!! The great improvement over my previous model being the USB socket allowing so many more items to be charged than before and cutting out the need for the special "tips".

Am I happy that I bought this? Yes
Is it good value for money? Yes if you're a tech addict.
Would I recommend it? Yes I have and others have bought it!

All in all a great bit of kit, the only downside is turning the thing on can be a bit fiddley at times using the swipe pad but that is more a getting used to it issue than anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 11 July 2013
The battery capacity is huge compared to previous models and I've charged my toshiba at300 tablet with this unit. The unit is light weight waterproof with an accessory from power monkey. I almost emptied the battery of battery of power and it took two days of good sunlight to recharge it. If your looking for a high capacity mobile battery charging whilst on the move/backpacking then consider the power monkey extreme.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent gadget well worth the money, 9 Sep 2013
I Bought this as my I phone 5 is very greedy on its battery, as I use it a lot on the internet..
This back up & solar device are excellent..Best thing I have ever bought for the i phone...6 months later it performs excellently...keeping my i phone going for over a week on one charge..with no mains in site..
Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars The Biz, 1 Jan 2012
J. D. Crome - See all my reviews
OK I got a Powermonkey Original as a pressie and thoough wow this good but it only charged my Nintendo Ds MP3s, Kindle and moby. The extreme Charges The Moby, an iPad, 3 Kensington power packs.,The Ninties a DS lite and 3DS (you need to buy extra tips) and a mini TV also a Roberts sport Radio all in one go and only lost two bars on the available charge power meter Sheesh this is an amazing piece of kit I am off to Canada in the summer and this is first on the packing list. The solar monkey included is very efficient and even on dull days charges the power pack but obviously it takes a bit longer than on a bright summers day. also you can charge devices direct from the solar panel. THE BUSINESS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used on Cycle Tour, 27 July 2013
J. Dickerson (Lowestoft, Suffolk) - See all my reviews
Did a 5 week cycle tour this year and I'm so pleased I bought this before leaving. I met a couple of cyclists last year who were using one and I was quite envious. It is a professional bit of kit. I carried a lot of AA rechargeable batteries, I bought a small USB charger which would charge 1, 2, 3 or 4 AA/AAA batteries fast. Charging these and my LG smartphone (and spare phone battery) covered all my needs. Had the Powermonkey in my Ortlieb RackPack bag and the solar panels strapped to the top, worked perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powermonkey Solar Charger, 17 Oct 2013
T. Hunt (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with this charger, as it does what it says on the tin. I was away camping for just over six weeks and this charger kept both mine & my wife's mobile phone and ipad fully charged and usable for the whole period. Very robust and well made.

2.0 out of 5 stars There I have just purchased one and have run a ..., 14 July 2014
I have just purchased one and have run a couple of tests. My example will fully charge my HTC One two and a half times before it runs out of juice. The HTC one has a battery of 2300mAh giving a total available charge of 2300x2.5 =5750mAh. When I phoned Powertraveler about this I was informed that this was normal due to losses in the charging process. So by my estimation the efficiency of the system is less than 65%.

In other words my PM Extreme would only be able to provide...
an 80% charge for an iPad2 with 6944mAh battery.
a 50% charge for an ipad 4 (11482mAh)
1.9 charges of an LG G3 (3000mAh)

Either I have a faulty unit and Powertraveller don't care or their marketing literature is very misleading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilty item and delivery, 16 Aug 2013
Item is amazing quilty and does exactly what it says on the tin. I'm in the army so it is perfect for when I am away, it is simple to use and charges everything with ease. All so the battery last a long time. The delivery item was all so fast. I am pleased with the product and the service the seller provided.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased with Battery Pack, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Powermonkey Extreme 5V and 12V Solar Portable Charger (Sports)
Tremenous power availability during 12 day trek to Everest Base Camp. Charged my and friends' iPhones, cameras etc. topped up with solar panel during the day, think my connecting wire took a bash, which may have affected solar charging. Another friend had one too, and got a better solar charge than I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with manufacturers lack of communication, 6 Mar 2014
I bought this as I needed it for a camping trip, it had 70% charge on delivery! I set it up to charge using the solar panels. When they get to 99% they stop charging but when I plugged my phone in to charge that the charge immediately went down to 74% I was unable to fully charge the device using the solar panels even all day on a very sunny day! it kept saying it was fully charged but apon using it the charge would go down to just a few % higher than when I started charging! I contacted powermonkey but they can't be bothered to reply to my email so I am returning it. Maybe I was unlucky getting a faulty one but am disappointed that the manufacturers can't even respond to my email.