Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

Colour Name: 6 Ink Multipack (2xBK CMY + Grey)|Change

on 1 January 2012
I used to have an Epson photo printer until it finally 'gummed up' after about 6 years. I strongly suspect that switching to non-manufacturer inks was responsible for the gumming up.

The inks for my new Canon MG6150 printer appear cheaper than similar Epson inks until you see the size of the tanks (about half the size). These are genuine canon inks. The tanks are easy to change on the printer. The ink dries a lot faster than I remember the Epson inks drying. Photo prints and CD prints are excellent quality. I don't know if there are any decent alternatives to paying the exhorbitant prices that Canon demands but I'm goping to stick to genuine in future.

A little advice: dont change the ink as soon as you get a warning that the tank is running. There appears to be quite a bit more ink to be had. You can check when the ink has actually run out by running a jet test.

I marked the inks as 3 star simply because of the ridiculous price, and this is probably the best price on offer.
66 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2011
Got these cartridges at a good price (compared to other suppliers of the same product) with speedy delivery. Canon quality and performance as expected, it's just the size of the cartridges is so tiny you have to buy them too often! Why on a printer the size of the MG8150 you have a set of miniature cartridges is beyond me, apart from the obvious cynical conclusion. The printer itself is capable of stunning results, especially on good photo paper, come on Canon, make it cost effective to use it and give us more ink!
11 comment|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 February 2011
I was going to buy this cartridge some months ago but was put off by the negative review, but later thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did, because what arrived was a genuine Canon ink cartridge, all sealed up in plastic as are the originals which you'd buy in the shops. The only thing missing was a box. But if you're reading this thinking well it must be dodgy because it doesn't come in a box then just go to the shops and you'll get exactly the same cartridge but for an extra £4 you'll get a nice box which you can put in your cardboard recycling!
With everything so expensive these days this ia a good saving and I'll certainly be using them all the time from now on.
on 19 August 2013
Got this as a present for my wife for our anniversary. Am so excited, I think she will love it. Life does not get much more exciting than this.

Was delivered the next day, now all gift-wrapped and ready for tonight's romantic dinner.

[Edit] She left me. Thanks, Canon.
on 17 October 2012
Returned order - Arrived promptly enough but wasn't as shown on webpage. They are not individually boxed items but unpackaged cartridges which come in a plain white box with no markings. No way of telling whether they are genuine Canon inks or what the use by date is. Very disappointed but at least Amazon refunded cost without a problem.
I bought these inks for my Canon MG5250 printer because as usual Amazon was the cheapest. The ink arrived promptly, perfectly packaged in it's sealed outer packaging and cellophane wrap and as usual no problems. As another reviewer has written, I am no expert on inks etc just a normal home user who prints a stupid amount of pictures of their child so keeps running out of ink! I do agree that they are a little pricey but I had a Kodak printer before this one that ended up costing even more to run on one ink cartridge at a time than the five that the MG5250 takes as every time you turned it on it would do a run (don't know the technical name for it) and use up ink even when you weren't printing but were scanning. I have been very sad and sat down and kept a tally of how many prints I have gotten out of the Canon as opposed to the Kodak before having to change the ink cartridge and the Canon one has still come out cheaper despite five ink cartridges. I would definitely recommend the Canon MG5250.
on 19 February 2011
Very good value for 2 genuine canon ink cartridges. Arrived very quickly and all sealed in correct packaging. Basically, exactly as it looks in the pic at the top of this page.
This pack would cost quite a bit more than this on the high street so extremely good value.
Will definately use again.
on 27 January 2011
and both times I've ordered it, it has come in a box. Even if it hasn't come in a box (as my coloured inks have arrived without a box through another seller), the simple fact that they are clearly labelled & engraved with the Canon labels should tell you that it's genuine - these cartridges are not yet refillable or duplicable as I've found out from the Cartridge World where I have bought my inks for the past 3 years.

Plus, I think that it's better no box has been provided - has the previous reviewer ever given thought to the fact that maybe, just maybe this seller may actually have bought wholesale from Canon, who has actually provided them without boxes? Much better for the environment too!

Anyways, thanks for the top notch ink cartridges at a very good price - much appreciated! :-)
on 15 February 2013
I am writing this review a couple of weeks after buying this product and it has run out already.
Probably lasted less than the minimal one that came with the printer.

I use the printer infrequently and have not printed very many pages.

Clearly (as we all know) this is how printer manufacturers make money these days, but this is ridiculous.
on 21 September 2012
These cartridges do not appear to work in my printer which is a UK model MG6150
Not sure why but perhaps these are foreign catridges