4.0 out of 5 stars Nice neat clock

Published on 14 Jan 2012 by Sherbornite

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars it ticks, 14 Jan 2012
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
I bought this clock after hours of research, since I was looking for an analogue silent alarm clock for my daughter. The Braun came up on many sites and reading the 'Quiet movement for a silent night' on the box made me decide to buy it. When we put the battery in we were disappointed to hear that it ticks. We returned it to Braun asking for a refund only to have it delivered back to us with a report to say that the service department could find no fault.I am disappointed that the statement on the box mislead me. The clock will go to a charity shop (without the box) if I get no better response from braun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice neat clock, 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
This is a small neat looking clock. It has German movement written on it but not where it was made; which is not the same thing as made in Germany. The clock makes a moderately loud tock, tock sound:not a tick tock sound and is not silent unless you're hard of hearing. I guess it is a modern day copy of the original Braun clock which costs quite a bit more than this clock second hand as a collectors item, but which probably was of a better construction quality. It is easy to set up and the alarm is easy to operate but as far as I can make out doesn't have a snooz mode. The alarm itself is of a rising crescendo and fairly pleasant. The clock is small enough to take on holiday or travelling but it doesn't come with any kind of protective case so be carefull how you pack it. It doesn't illuminate at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars The same as before just a little bit smaller, 6 Sep 2011
F. Patel (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
I knocked my trusty Braun Alarm clock onto the floor and the alarm started ringing at all hours. (Believe me when I say 2.30 in the morning isn't a good time to find out your alarm thinks it's 06.30) With blood shot eyes I went on line in which to ensure that alarm bells ringing at such an ungodly hour became a thing of the past. Naturally I looked for a Braun replacement and on finding it, clicked the order button.
It arrived this morning, all I can say is the clock is almost as same as the one it is replacing except for a couple of things. Its smaller and the alarm button is a now a much smaller stub and doesn't include the green backing which allowed you to see at a glance if the alarm was on.

The clock comes with a Duracell AA battery and you are ready to go as soon as you insert it.

What more can I say?

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even think of buying this., 5 Nov 2011
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
I bought this ridiculously expensive clock solely on the basis of its advertised claim of "Silent German precision quartz movement".
It appears identical in almost every respect (except not having a light/snooze button) as the "ACCTIM TOURER ALARM /TRAVEL CLOCK", but is almost 4 times the price.

Having compared both, the ticking noise is about the same volume on both. Perhaps the tick will lull you to sleep. It annoyed me.

Amazon were great in refunding my money for this 'silent' clock.

1.0 out of 5 stars braun alarm clock, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
very disappointed as there is no night light showing the time,plus the dials do not show up in the dark.Complete waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun alarm clock, 15 Oct 2011
Jens Daabeck - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
I had the old model for many years. This one is smaller, which is nice, but it has no built in light.

1.0 out of 5 stars Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
Having owned one of the originals for over 22 years which unfortunatly gave up on me , i really wanted to get another of the same because it had been so reliable.
Unfortunatly these new ones are a poor imitation of the original quality travel clock . They are made by Zeon under license and they seem to have messed up here .
In low light levels it it's difficult to read the time due to the size of the numbers , i think it makes it worse because the the face is to far back also . This might sound strange but when you wake up and your eyes don't want to work right you want to be able to see the time easily . (The numbers are only slightly smaller than the originals but it does make a big difference).
The main problem though is the alarm , it is very quiet ! I always thought an alarm was supposed to wake you up but i wouldn't rely on this , it is barely audible . Most digital watch alarms are louder .

If you want a small travel alarm clock that's easy to read , has a loud alarm ,feels much tougher and is only about 5.00 then buy the casio Tq-140-1Ef , for some reason i bought the Braun and the Casio at the same time and the Casio is far superior , it also feels like it's the more expensive one suprisingly .

1.0 out of 5 stars Braun Clock, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
Just like to add as others have said this is not silent as stated it ticks. While it is quiet it most certainly ticks and as a light sleeper I cannot put up with the noise personally.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Braun as we know it, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
Having owned a Braun alarm clock for many years I automaticly purchased another without hesitation when my old clock
packed up. WHAT a mistake,loud tick,stopped working after a couple of weeks. By then i,d thrown out the box etc etc etc.How it still trades under the brand name Braun I don,t know. Have purchased a Seiko alarm clock now, cheaper and almost silent,not noticable or ANNOYING.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfit for purpose, 11 Mar 2012
C. Hudson "Chas Hudson" (Norfolk , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun Square Travel Alarm Clock, Black (Watch)
Only someone who has never in his or her life actually needed a travel alarm would design one with a face and hands that are invisible in the dark, leaving you with the self-defeating option of switching the room light on in order to check the time. This item's hefty price tag is presumably justified by its German name (it may come with an optional extra who shines a torch in your face when you want to read it) and assumed build quality, but the clock is made by Zeon. It's quiet and the alarm works as it should, but for a third of the price you can buy one which does that and which you can see in the dark. I can't believe they market such a useless item. Surely fourteen quid buys you a lick of luminous paint? Even the two-year gurantee, which sounds Teutonically impressive, doesn't cover the lens, which owing to the clock's design is unprotected and therefore vulnerable. Basically a piece of atrociously bad design, regardless of its supposed quality - a better, cheaper clock will be very easy to find.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›