4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 21 Oct 2012
P. Evans - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ergotron Keyboard Tray Retractable Black E-Coat (Electronics)
I bought this product from Ballicom International whose service was first class with regard to order processing and dispatch. Unfortunately their after sales service is rubbish, but I'll get back to that in a minute.

The unit itself is strong and heavy - very well built being all steel except for the shelf itself which is made from some type of plastic or composite material.

The range of tilt and height is good and the device 'does exactly what it says on the tin'.

I did away with the clamp, as it wouldn't accommodate my Ikea 400 mm thick worktop, and screwed it directly to the base of the worktop using the four fat screws provided.

On the negative side, I use a Logitech extended keyboard and a large mouse (a large mouse mat also) and I find that the shelf is only just big enough to accommodate both (and even then I have to let the keyboard and mouse-mat overhang slightly). It could be, and should be, 5 cm longer and 2 cm deeper as this would mean an insignificant extra production cost. So half a start deduction for that.

Secondly, after two days use, the 'wing-nut' device that tightens and loosens the mechanism worked loose and the unit would not lock into place. I emailed the supplier - Ballicom International - and got an automated response telling me they would get back to me but they never did, so 'nul points' to them. When I removed the shelf I could see that the problem was easily fixable, so I fixed it. That warrants another half a star deducted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 15 April 2014
Only had this installed for a day and my arms already feel better. Very well made, rock solid tray. See why it costs so much for what it is now! Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 4 July 2013
It's ridiculously expensive, but it does the job of providing a keyboard tray. It's wide, sturdy, and has adjustable height and tilt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, sturdy keyboard, 1 Oct 2014
A. Stevenson (UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic, sturdy keyboard. I have a standard size keyboard and mouse and they fit perfectly. There's not a lot of extra space but that suits me, and I love how adjustable it is. I'd recommend using it without the clamp attachment if possible as it gets in the way (on top of the desk), but it does work.

Ergotron Keyboard Tray Retractable Black E-Coat