on 14 August 2013
I asked for evidence that the nuts were organic instead of a polite response I got a rude e-mail telling me that I am only an individual and so they would not supply me any evidence, they said that if I were a wholesaler then they would consider my request. I found them to be rude and unable to provide any help to their customers. They have no idea how to keep a customer and are only interested in making money. I have no idea if the nuts are actually organic or not because they refuse to provide any evidence of the source of their products. They buy there products in bulk and repack them with there own label. As they can't provide evidence of whether or not they are organic I would recommend that you buy your organic products from another company.
1515 comments|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2014
They are terrible. Stale. They taste like they are out of date. I hope it's not the case but that's how they taste......they are not very firm and taste out of date. I am very disappointed. Don't buy them. Really not happy at all. I bought them because they were organic. Not good at all.
on 12 March 2014
I've been buying organic almonds for a few months now, both to eat raw and to make almond milk from. I got tired of making the trip to my closest organic shop to purchase so I decided to order online and these seemed like the best value. Most of these almonds were perfectly normal but one or two strangely tasted like alcohol... I have no idea why or how this happened but it did make me question the purity of the product. I probably won't purchase these again.
on 19 January 2015
This is really bad! They have sent me the worse almonds ever! They smell of mold and they taste rancid! Please be aware! Don't waste your money!

Whole food organic, I would like my money back! Thank you!
on 21 September 2015
Do not buy these almonds. After eating 60grams I noticed an itch in my throat everytime I swallowed, I am not allergic to almonds or any other nuts. So I decided to do some research and found a page which said some company's who produce and sell nuts use chemicals on almonds and slightly bake them. It also explained a test to see if your almonds are rancid, the test involved dropping almonds in water and if they float they are rancid if they sink they are perfect. As you can see from the image provided more almonds floated so I will be disposing of these. And buying from a real ORGANIC company. Not some place who claims to be on.
review image
on 17 February 2015
This brand is really bad quality, we bought two kilos from their web site and I suspect they were off long before they sell them. I can't trust they are even organic, also they seem to be bitten by mice's.... Horrible. I haven't complaint but reading previous reviews I already know the answer. So just leave this comment to warn people not to buy from them Almonds.
on 1 June 2014
I recieved the item with a very short expiry date without notice. I can only enjoy them even after they are expired.
on 17 January 2015
I have been eating non-organic and organic almonds for 10 years. In my opinion the almonds are 100% organic. How can I tell ? I leave my almonds to soak overnight in boiling water and eat them in the morning by peeling off the skin - Ayurveda style. First if you compare a non-organic almond to a organic one, the non-organic one looks much bigger - like a bodybuilder on steroids. Second when I peel off the skin off the overnight soaked almond - the skin form an organic one slides easily off. The non-organic one does not - is really hard work as it comes off bit by bit. With these almonds the skins slides off easily. Well done Whole Foods :)
on 16 March 2015
These almonds have a strange dusty quality which makes them rather unpleasant to eat raw. They're not too bad when toasted or quickly blanched and skinned. I've never come across this before when buying almonds, though, so I won't be buying them again.
on 16 September 2015
Some of the almonds are VERY bitter, which left my tongue and lips numb and tingling and a horrible taste in my mouth for ages.

There seems to be a mixture of both bitter and sweet almonds on the pack and nowhere does it warn you that this is the case and seeing as bitter almonds contain cyanide this is worrying.

Besides that they are dry and dusty and some of them are soft and stale.

Not the best quality almonds I have ever bought. I shall be disposig of them and chalking this up to experience!