5.0 out of 5 stars Britain's Royal Families: The Complete Genealogy
Published on 9 Feb 2004 by toppooky

3.0 out of 5 stars Good genealogy
However, the structure of the book is really difficult to read, and the structure is really sporadic. This is due, for example, say I wanted to look up Richard III, you then need to flick to his relatives on page x and then remember whereabouts you originally started. It does what it says, but could have been so much better.
Published 13 months ago by ProgrammerWhizz

5.0 out of 5 stars Britain's Royal Families: The Complete Genealogy, 9 Feb 2004
This book is a must for anybody studying British history both ancient or recent. The Genealogy places every major or minor royal in his or her historical place giving the student a grid reference for further study. Tremendous detail is provided and it is very easy to lose a couple of hours flicking through this book. Ms. Weir spent 22 year researching and has produced an excellent resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book full of detail, 8 Nov 2009
J. Petty (Herts, England) - See all my reviews
I've not read this book from cover to cover, but dipped in and out to help my daughter with her homework. So far it has been extremely useful and contained everything (and more!) that she needed to know. I would recommend it as a very good reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource, 22 Sep 2010
I read a lot of historical fiction and often the books can have a royal cast of thousands. This book has been a great aid to sorting out who's who and who's related to who. In particular, I think I may finally understand the complexity of the relationships of the Yorks and Lancastrians! An inspired work of reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Royal Family Reference!, 7 Jan 2001
By A Customer
Amazing book, for anyone interested in the family histories. Weir breaks them down by house, and it's very good reading besides containing every royal from 800 to present and all their children, grandchildren, etc. I had a copy "smuggled" to me by a friend in '96 (it's not published over here...), and now it's falling apart, it's always one of the first reference works I go to! Waiting eagerly for an update, this is still an amazing, difinitive work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 24 Aug 2010
I love this book. Once I pick it up I find the time seems to fly by. It's good to have it to hand when reading any other book about the monarchs of England and Scotland. I wondered why there weren't any family trees in the book, but soon I understood why. I had tried creating some family trees to be able to understand the relationship of the kings and queens to each other more clearly but it soon became extremely complicated. This is a throughly detailed reference book for anyone with a passing interest in the history of our monarchy. I do find it a little sad though, whereas one king may have ten pages dedicated to his extended family, another king may have the poignant remark: died unmarried and childless.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect research tool., 16 Jan 2012
Amazon Customer (stoke-on-trent, england) - See all my reviews
I have always had a great interest in medieval England, and when I decided I wanted to try and write my own historical fiction I thought I had better do a bit of in depth research. This book was nothing short of a godsend. Explicit in detail, concise in layout and considering it's essentially a reference book this tome is compellingly readable.

A great book for the beginner wanting to learn more detail or for the seasoned professional just wanting to brush up on their facts.

5.0 out of 5 stars ROYALTY EXPLAINED, 27 May 2011
This is a wonderful review of the Royal Families of the United Kingdom. So much research has gone into the writing of this reference book and on the whole its accuracy is beyond reproach.It is the kind of book you want beside you when you are reading some of Alison Weir's novels as it puts into perspective the interlinking between the European Royals.
The information given before purchase was good and accurate

4.0 out of 5 stars Alison Weir, - my idol, 6 May 2011
Can't believe she could work the whole thing out! It's much more and heavier than just a book...Alison Weir is a live dictionary of history herself! A perfect reference book for anybody who is interested in royal history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Families, 23 Feb 2013
I love to read about individuals in history, and about what happened to all their children and children's children - it brings history to life. I would like an even more detailed book, in which the descendants were listed in entirety!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 9 Feb 2013
I had a copy of this book years ago, loaned it out and it never returned. I was so happy to find it again. I use this as a reference on a regular basis. I love the way Alison Weir brings history to life. She is my favorite author.