Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CDChange

on 4 July 2011
I like The Feeling - I'm not a raving fan, but on every album, there's always 3 or 4 fantastic pop songs and this is no exception. Personally I think the tracks to download are Set My World On Fire (I don't understand the negativity about this song, i think it's a terrific pop song), Dance For The Lights, Leave Me Out Of It, Build A Home, Another Life and Say No. Those first 3 tracks are easily up there with the best stuff they've done. Put all those tracks on a playlist with the best 3 or 4 from the first 2 albums and you have a topnotch playlist. I think The Feeling do struggle a little bit to put a strong 12 songs on an album and, for me, there are always some filler tracks, but when they're good, there are not many bands who can beat their catchy melodies and clever lyrics. Their greatest hits/best of album will be absolutely superb!

Personally, I wouldn't buy the deluxe album as I thought the second cd was a bit weak (it really is the B sides collection, if we're all harking back to the 70s), but if you're a fan and must have everything the band do, then go ahead, it's all listenable.
on 20 June 2011
This is a brilliant album and exactly what you would expect from The Feeling. However if you are a fan and want all their new tracks,buy the double album, i.e. Deluxe Edition. I didn't realize there was one and have only bought the single album. DOH!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2011
I have a wide range of musical tastes. From the Manics to Manilow ! But all the bands I like know how to write a good song, are a genuine musicians & great live performers. The Feeling do all of these very well. Just look at their back catalogue & awards as evidence. I bought Together We Were Made for my daughter, and have been impressed with the majority of the songs. You only have to hear them a couple of times for them to grow on you. The songs also have depth to them. The Feeling are genuine quality song writers who are only guilty for not slotting into a specific genre to please the musical press. I believe if anything they are more "Brit Pop". Don't believe the negative reviews about this album it is good. The Feeling will be around a lot longer than some of their critics. This album is well worth buying, listen to samples free on line and make your own mind up. Don't let the press do it for you- You will miss out.
on 16 September 2011
I really liked this CD. You know pretty much what you are going to get with The Feeling. And that is, music that is worth spending the time listening to, music that is actually uplifting. If you like the first two albums, it's probably a reasonable assumption that you will like this one. For me, more...
on 26 June 2011
I listened to this album twice having bought it on Monday, and felt underwhelmed - apart from two stand-out tracks - Dance for the lights and A Hundred Sinners - the album seemed half-baked.

But after a further 7 or 8 listens, I love it. It does have more 'filler' than their previous 2 albums, but that still doesn't stop it being a very good pop album. Add Set My world on Fire, Love & Care, Say No and Build A Home to the above 2 tracks and you have a third rather wonderful pop album - with much more talent and heart in it than three-quarters of the Top 40 albums.

It's sad that the Album has come in at No 22 - but then again with no BBC Music review, and what reviews I have seen being 2 star and 3 star at best, it's perhaps not that surprising.

Well worth the tenner it will cost you IMO.

PS they must be one of the best live bands around too.
on 25 June 2011
I'm a big fan of The Feeling. I loved 'Twelve Steps And Home' (particularly) and 'Join With Us'. Both were great old-fashioned pop albums, full of hooks, excellently produced with fantastic vocals. I realised they must be due for a new album but 'Together We Were Made' seems to have come out with little fanfare. The lead single, despite some airplay, didn't make the Top 40 and the signs don't look good for any long term success for this album...

I have to say I'm utterly disappointed with the album. The songs are extremely weak, INCREDIBLY repetitve and the whole thing is far too long. Any spark of inspiration is long gone and the album sounds like it took far too long to write and record. That the aforementioned lead single, the totally dull 'Set My World On Fire' was deemed the best track fo single release is telling. That song really is about as good as the album gets...

I've played the entire set 3 times now and have yet to hear anything with a chance of being a hit. I got the deluxe edition and found the second CD to be even worse. The only redeeming factor is that Dan Gillespie Sells' vocals are as wonderful as ever but on material like this, what does it matter?

It gives me no pleasure to write this harsh review but 'Together We Were Made' just isn't much cop and it's a real shame.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2012
As with the other albums beautifully written songs, fantastic lyrics and outstanding vocals. If you're unsure about The Feeling give them a go, then go and see them live and they'll blow your socks off!! Love them!! Can't wait for the new one to come out.
on 9 November 2013
Not sure how I missed this album on release, I thought I was an avid fan!

Love the band's ability to lift your mood almost instantly when u put an album on, lovely collaborations with Sophie Ellis-Bextor, jolly, upbeat, highly recommend it.
on 7 January 2013
This album was a surprise. I'm a big Sophie Ellis-Bextor fan, so first bought this album because of the track Leave Me Out of It, and because of Róisín Murphy. But now I like the whole album. Songs are catchy without being cheesy.
on 7 January 2013
Maybe not quite as fine as 'Twelve Stops' or their 2nd one either.. however some really nice songs, and I just love their sound & style ! :D disc in good condition and prompt service too !