4.0 out of 5 stars Shave anywhere
The fact that this little beauty gives you the opportunity to shave where you like when you like is what i wanted, the only thing that you need a mirror for is when your nearing your sideburns and dont want to shave radial patterns into your normal appearance...

Published on 28 Jun 2011 by M. Price

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for 'bears'
I must say up front, I am a very `hirsute' man. I need to have my back waxed in order to not frighten people when I go swimming, or attract the unwarranted attention of `game keepers'. So I am always in the market for `hair control products'.

Published on 21 Jun 2011 by Tommy Dooley

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for 'bears', 21 Jun 2011
Tommy Dooley (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips PowerTouch PT730 DualPrecision Rechargeable Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

So when this new Phillips shaver was offered I jumped at it, and eagerly awaited the postman (he's a bit on the furry side too). I then gave it a full eight hour charge and gave it the weekend test. That is I don't shave at weekends so by Monday morning I have some very thick designer stubble indeed. This shaver really struggled, it missed bits and started to rasp my skin, so in the end I gave up and finished myself off. That is with a `wet' shave.

Undaunted I returned the following day for a more reasonable one day growth. It faired much better, but still missed parts. There is also no clipper attachment for trimming side burns or moustaches; it is fitted to the next two models up, so Phillips must appreciate the usefulness of this attachment.

On the plus side, it has a very easy to follow users guide that is all in pictures, so can be understood by virtually anyone. It is really light, much more so than any previous electric shaver, that I have owned, and the floating heads are very flexible. However, it literally could not cut it with me. If you are one of the lucky types who has thinnish hair, (or the `bum fluff' as we used to call it) then this might be for you, if you are a man for whom hair is a daily torment, then probably best to stick to cold steel; or warm it under a hot tap. It does hold its charge for quite a while though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shave anywhere, 28 Jun 2011
M. Price (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

It gets fairly close once you realize that you need to move the shaver not too fast in radial circles around the face instead of straight lines (yes this makes all the difference), I would use this as a between wet shaves for instance running late in the morning and you don't want to look too scruffy at work then using this as your getting ready is ideal.

It doesn't get as close as I'd like on the neck but in fairness takes my mach 3 a little effort sometimes, its fairly quiet compared to old philishaves and switches on and off at a simple button push which doesn't take brute force to use.

Cleaning is a breeze, simply flip the lid upwards and run under a tap - the water washes all the dry skin and beard hair out in seconds. So why not 4 stars? I think it could shave better in some areas than it already does and be nice to get an adapter for those of us that don't have a shaver socket in the bathroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient and comfortable shave, 14 Dec 2011
Angel Jem "Angel Jem" (Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I passed this on to my husband to review. He found it a comfortable shape to hold and giving a shave comparable to the other electric shavers he has used. He found cleaning it easy and the charger gives a good few days worth of power. However, he likes the flat electric shavers with a foil head so he didn't want to keep this permanently.
Enter the son (13) but nearly 6 foot. He had begun to wear as fine a set of sideburns as a Dickens character so it was time to introduce him to the joys of shaving daily and this shaver proved perfect for that. It cuts close enough that a daily shave isn't necessary, it hasn't irritated his skin because it doesn't pull or scrape his skin and he finds the size and shape comfortable and controllable. Now if only I can get him to use after shave, my house will smell better and be less hairy.

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job!, 6 Aug 2011
Arthur Dooley (N Wales) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I recently tried another Phillips electric shaver (The Power Touch 860) which was the first electric shaver I had obtained in 15 years. In contrast to my old shaver-another Phillips) this was a real step up. Now comes the 730 which is not discernably different from the 860.The same triple head and cut and lift technology.Rechargable so you can wander around getting your morning act together without being rooted to the spot with a corded shaver. Light and quiet. A great little shaver which given Phillips unrivalled lead in this field should last you a lifetime!

5.0 out of 5 stars No nonsense - just shave and go..., 27 July 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Philips advertises this product as `The Fastest Way Through Your Morning Routine' and I think this fairly describes what you get for your money.

No nonsense. Just turn on shave, rinse and get on with the rest of the day.

I liked the shape, it fitted the hand well, wasn't at all heavy, making it easy to manoeuvre and reach all areas that needed shaving.

When finished, simply flick the catch, shake the contents out and run it under the tap for a few seconds. In fact I only felt it was necessary to clean it every three days.

I have been using the shaver daily for over three weeks and it is only now that the indicator light is glowing orange to remind me to re-charge it.

Simple and straightforward with all the reliability you expect from Philips.

And it provides a good shave, day after day after day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Head Shaver, 25 Nov 2011
C. Waddoups (uk) - See all my reviews
Bought for my Husband for Shaving his head,he is very pleased,it is light and easy to clean,and comfortable to hold.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 23 Jan 2012
supposedly on sale well wasnt even worth the sale price just under 50 quid my husband says this shaver feels like a toy very lightweight and revolves so slowly no real substance to it. have purchased philips shavers before and this is the worst one ever very disapointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars good cutting, no trimmer, 23 Jun 2014
gerryg - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I've always used a phillishave - they work for me.

I feel that choosing one of these is a bit like choosing wine from a restaurant list - you know you don't need to spend £130 but worry about buying the cheapest so as ever I picked a mid-range at a discount.

It cuts close, it's not noisy, charge seems to last ok. The price didn't make my eyes water. Would have liked a trimmer but I can cope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect working order, 13 Jun 2014
Amazon Customer (Roscommon Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent razor, easy to clean, good battery. Might prefer if it had a pouch for storage. All in all am satisfied.