4.0 out of 5 stars Shave anywhere
The fact that this little beauty gives you the opportunity to shave where you like when you like is what i wanted, the only thing that you need a mirror for is when your nearing your sideburns and dont want to shave radial patterns into your normal appearance...

Published on 28 Jun. 2011 by Contributor77

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for 'bears'
I must say up front, I am a very `hirsute' man. I need to have my back waxed in order to not frighten people when I go swimming, or attract the unwarranted attention of `game keepers'. So I am always in the market for `hair control products'.

Published on 21 Jun. 2011 by Tommy Dooley

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for 'bears', 21 Jun. 2011
Tommy Dooley (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips PowerTouch PT730 DualPrecision Rechargeable Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

So when this new Phillips shaver was offered I jumped at it, and eagerly awaited the postman (he's a bit on the furry side too). I then gave it a full eight hour charge and gave it the weekend test. That is I don't shave at weekends so by Monday morning I have some very thick designer stubble indeed. This shaver really struggled, it missed bits and started to rasp my skin, so in the end I gave up and finished myself off. That is with a `wet' shave.

Undaunted I returned the following day for a more reasonable one day growth. It faired much better, but still missed parts. There is also no clipper attachment for trimming side burns or moustaches; it is fitted to the next two models up, so Phillips must appreciate the usefulness of this attachment.

On the plus side, it has a very easy to follow users guide that is all in pictures, so can be understood by virtually anyone. It is really light, much more so than any previous electric shaver, that I have owned, and the floating heads are very flexible. However, it literally could not cut it with me. If you are one of the lucky types who has thinnish hair, (or the `bum fluff' as we used to call it) then this might be for you, if you are a man for whom hair is a daily torment, then probably best to stick to cold steel; or warm it under a hot tap. It does hold its charge for quite a while though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shave anywhere, 28 Jun. 2011
Contributor77 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

It gets fairly close once you realize that you need to move the shaver not too fast in radial circles around the face instead of straight lines (yes this makes all the difference), I would use this as a between wet shaves for instance running late in the morning and you don't want to look too scruffy at work then using this as your getting ready is ideal.

It doesn't get as close as I'd like on the neck but in fairness takes my mach 3 a little effort sometimes, its fairly quiet compared to old philishaves and switches on and off at a simple button push which doesn't take brute force to use.

Cleaning is a breeze, simply flip the lid upwards and run under a tap - the water washes all the dry skin and beard hair out in seconds. So why not 4 stars? I think it could shave better in some areas than it already does and be nice to get an adapter for those of us that don't have a shaver socket in the bathroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient and comfortable shave, 14 Dec. 2011
Angel Jem "Angel Jem" (Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I passed this on to my husband to review. He found it a comfortable shape to hold and giving a shave comparable to the other electric shavers he has used. He found cleaning it easy and the charger gives a good few days worth of power. However, he likes the flat electric shavers with a foil head so he didn't want to keep this permanently.
Enter the son (13) but nearly 6 foot. He had begun to wear as fine a set of sideburns as a Dickens character so it was time to introduce him to the joys of shaving daily and this shaver proved perfect for that. It cuts close enough that a daily shave isn't necessary, it hasn't irritated his skin because it doesn't pull or scrape his skin and he finds the size and shape comfortable and controllable. Now if only I can get him to use after shave, my house will smell better and be less hairy.

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job!, 6 Aug. 2011
Jago Wells - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I recently tried another Phillips electric shaver (The Power Touch 860) which was the first electric shaver I had obtained in 15 years. In contrast to my old shaver-another Phillips) this was a real step up. Now comes the 730 which is not discernably different from the 860.The same triple head and cut and lift technology.Rechargable so you can wander around getting your morning act together without being rooted to the spot with a corded shaver. Light and quiet. A great little shaver which given Phillips unrivalled lead in this field should last you a lifetime!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Shaver From Philips, 22 Jun. 2011
G. J. Oxley "Gaz" (Tyne & Wear, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ever since acquiring a Philips HQ7380 7300 Series shaver from Philips around two-and-a-half-years ago, I've been a convert to the brand. It delivered a better shave than any product I'd previously tried - without breaking the bank.

This new one is more of the same. It has identical shaving heads and thus delivers similar performance. The only discernible difference is the main body of the Power Touch is slimmer and longer, tapering slightly at the base. What it lacks however is the trimmer that the old model possesses.

So, what you get for your money is a nice rechargeable shaver that delivers a good, quick shave, without fuss, with the rotating heads hugging your facial contours as you run them over your visage. Another good point is all the hairs are collected within the body of the machine (in the hair chamber) and this can simply be washed under the tap and left to dry until the shaver is next required.

The shaver does require an 8-hour recharge, but this (allegedly) produces 40 minutes of shaving time. This seems fairly accurate to me as I've managed 5 shaves from a single charge so far and there still seems to be plenty of juice in it.

In summary, this product provides a comfortable, close shave in a short period of time, and as such it can't be faulted. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Philipshave-, 16 Nov. 2011
Great White "GW" (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good shaver. Let's just start with that. Is it the best one on the market? err..probably not. While it is a good shaver, this does have some flaws. one of which is it isn't as close a shaver as you may think. I needed a replacement for my old philishaver which has now become old and rusty and blunt. When i recieved this,i was happy with it's components and features. I loved how you can clean this with water without having to change the blades or disconnect the shaver head altogether. Just run it under the tap and when the hairs are gone, snap it back in place and use again. I charged this up just as it says too and used it. It gave a good shave but not a brilliant one. I had a problem getting some very stubborn hairs and i spent 30 mins trying to cut them off my face. That's not what i want to have to do when i want a quick comfortable shave. That aside, this still is a good quality shaver. It did give a comfortable shave on my face, just don't try to use it anywhere else. Armpits and other areas are not suitable for this shaver. The shaver itself looks great,i love the black and silver/grey design and the LCD light is a more than welcome touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 April 2012
Mrs. A. M. Chadwick (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My Dad had the earlier model of this shaver which he bought back in January 2010, but when he had a stroke in Feb 2011 I decided to get him this one because it mentioned it was waterproof, just in case he rinsed it in water, (like he'd done with the previous one and damaged it, this was due to him having a stroke).

This one gives him a far closer shave then the previous model due to the DualPrecision cutting with the slots in the blades to catch longer hairs and holes in the blades to shave short stubble. Another plus is that it's not as heavy (which is good as the stroke has damaged his strength in his arms).

The razor is very easy to clean, and with it being washable it means you get all the hairs out as this doesn't come with a little brush like the previous one did.

The shaver is also rechargeable with 40 minutes of cordless shaving operation after a full charge of 8 hours or a 3 minutes quick charge for one shave.

My Dad is really pleased with the shaver and finds it easy to handle, so he'd recomend it. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars No nonsense - just shave and go..., 27 July 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Philips advertises this product as `The Fastest Way Through Your Morning Routine' and I think this fairly describes what you get for your money.

No nonsense. Just turn on shave, rinse and get on with the rest of the day.

I liked the shape, it fitted the hand well, wasn't at all heavy, making it easy to manoeuvre and reach all areas that needed shaving.

When finished, simply flick the catch, shake the contents out and run it under the tap for a few seconds. In fact I only felt it was necessary to clean it every three days.

I have been using the shaver daily for over three weeks and it is only now that the indicator light is glowing orange to remind me to re-charge it.

Simple and straightforward with all the reliability you expect from Philips.

And it provides a good shave, day after day after day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Head Shaver, 25 Nov. 2011
C. Waddoups (uk) - See all my reviews
Bought for my Husband for Shaving his head,he is very pleased,it is light and easy to clean,and comfortable to hold.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 5 May 2012
A. Willmer (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off, I should admit that I'm usually a wet shave kind of guy. However, there are times when it's just easier to use an electric shaver - hence my purchase.

I think one of the main things that has always put me off of electric shavers is that it's just not a close enough shave. You always feel there's a thin layer of hair that you can't reach. On the plus side, I would say that this is not particularly the case here. Though you need to go over your face a few times it does, in the end, seem to remove all of the hair. I would also say that the battery life is pretty good. You could take it holiday for a week or two and leave the plug at home.

Despite the positives, I can't say that I'm totally satisfied with the product. For starters, £40 does seem like a lot of money to pay for something that looks cheap and feels hollow. When using the razor I just couldn't shake the feeling that could go and buy a normal razor for a tenner and get a better shave...