5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Powertouch
Read very many reviews of the various shavers on the market, and it was almost impossible to find even one that was without criticism, especially the rechargeble versions. I have a rechargeable, but this was a standby for my Philiips, mains powered,which had served me for nearly forty years, but had come to the end of its life.
I bought the Powertouch since it had...
Published on 12 Nov 2011 by John Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Shaver not as powerful as expected
This shaver was not as fast or powerful as expected from a Phillips product, also takes along time to complete my shave properly.
Published 20 months ago by Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Powertouch, 12 Nov 2011
John Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips PT715/17 PowerTouch Shaver
I bought the Powertouch since it had the least number of critics, hoping for the best.
My first thoughts when I powered it up was that it was going too slow compared to my old Philips, and that it would not do the job.
It has proved exactly the opposite. It does a great job, smoothly and without any afterburn, and is almost as good as a wet shave, and better than my old Philips which served me so well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Close Shave With One Main Flaw, 14 July 2011
H. Pierce (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This electric shaver has gone down well with my husband. He has previously used the Philips RQ1180, which is a much higher quality product, but found that this one still performed to a high standard. The shaver was easy to use, quickly producing a good close shave. It is also easy to handle, as the size and shape is well-designed for comfortable use. The PT715 is extremely easy to clean as it is a washable shaver, and due to the corrosion free heads it is likely to wear this type of cleaning well.

The one major flaw that he found with this product is that it comes with no sideburn trimmer. This is less than ideal, but it is marketed as a 'no extras' product, so it is not totally surprising.

Despite this one gripe, the product has performed very well in all other respects. It is a corded shaver, which is important to note, but this can be an advantage for those who habitually shave in one place, near a plug socket. With battery operated shavers you inevitably reach a point where you seem to be continually charging it, due to the rechargeable battery starting to degrade.

So, in summary, it is good quality product, with no extra features, that is capable of giving a good close shave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic budget razor., 10 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I truely cannot fault this excellent shaver. Being a Philips you can be guaranteed that it is fantastic quality and at only £30 at the moment on Amazon this is as good as some of the £80 ones we have tried. It is a powerful razor and almost as close as a wet shave - you can run it under the tap and even though it is powerful it is gentle and despite those with sensitive skin we have no complaints of any shaving rash and it's quite rare for my husband to find a razor he can get along with this is perfect. We've been using it for just over 2 years and it's still going strong - it's quick and leaves you feeling smooth. Highly recommended, you cannot fault this at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Close shave from a corded shaver, 17 Nov 2011
Ayami "Ayami" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Compared to a rechargeable shaver, the Philips Powertouch PT715 Electric Shaver certainly has its advantages in that the being a corded shaver, it's not one where the battery constantly needs charging but at the same time you do have to be in a room where it can easily be used. This can cause problems if taking it on holiday (or indeed your own home) as the plug may not be close to a mirror to see what you're doing.

The Powertouch performs well giving a close shave with its flexible head and without irritating the skin. It's easy to clean but is a no-fills shaver. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Wrong With This, 14 Sep 2012
This review is from: Philips PT715/17 PowerTouch Shaver
The choice was a Philips or a Remington. I've always bought Philips before, and after reading the reviews I didn't see any reason to change. The only difference was that this is a three-head razor, whereas before I've bought the two-head variety which Philips don't appear to make any more.
I can find no problem with it. No, it's not rechargeable - I don't need it to be. No, it doesn't have a trimmer - I never used the trimmer anyway. The cord isn't elasticated but it's more than long enough, and the shave is as good as any razor I've used. So oi'll give it foive.
The paperwork said I could register my purchase online. I invariably encounter problems when doing this, but I thought I'd give it a go. And the problem soon materialised. The invoice gave the model number PT715/17, but the two choices I was given to select on the website were PT715/15 and PT715/16. I decided to click on 'Contact us' and ask for advice on how to proceed. I got an email saying 'thanks for contacting Philips Australia' and giving me an address in Guildford Surrey to write to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Razor NOT mains Powered, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Philips PT715/17 PowerTouch Shaver
This razor is advertised as a mains razor, this is not true, it has a transformer on the end of the mains lead, a mains operated razor is much faster like my old one,

3.0 out of 5 stars Shaver not as powerful as expected, 10 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars electric shaver, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Philips PT715/17 PowerTouch Shaver
I telphoned Philips for advice, explaining what type of electric shaver was required for my husband. The person I spoke to was extremely helpful so I then looked on Amazon's website for the one he recommended and ordered it. Very pleased with the razor so it was well worth the time spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shaver, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Philips PT715/17 PowerTouch Shaver
I've had a few foil shavers but they didn't compare to this rotary one from Philips - it's a great shaver and I can recommend it so give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built for the money, 16 Aug 2012
ab..c (england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
* Physical

This device has its basic physical design roots going back over 15 years ago. So most of any errors in its initial design and so on have been eradicated over this long time in production. The rotary blades are in a set of three, and are covered by a 2 year guarantee.

* Performance
* Blades

I have replaced my previous models blades around 4 or 5 times over 15 years. You tend not to notice that over time, it takes longer and longer to get a smooth shave. And with this the shave you do get becomes less clean. Over this time, its noticeable that the price of the replacement shaver blades have crept up to become a large fraction of a brand new shaver body. So may as well buy a new body and blades together.

* Cable and converter plug

You do not get in the box a 2 - pin plug / three - pin mains connection, so if you do not have one already, you may need to add this to your list?

* Summary

With this shaver and fresh blades, I can shave for less than a minute and frighten my whiskers from appearing for a few days. It does not nick my skin and leaves a smooth skin. Based on my ownership of this type of shaver, over this time and by this manufacturer, I can recommend this shaver as worth the money.

Philips PT715/17 PowerTouch Shaver