5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a dad who needs his hands free!
We have a baby who is a human contact addict and does not spend a lot of time lying in his cot. He is 5 weeks old currently. This can get very frustrating when I am working at home or if my wife needs to go out and leaves me with him. This Baby Bjorn solves the problem nicely.

Published on 8 Jun 2010 by SoftDog

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but still tough on my back
3rd child but never used a carrier before. Once I'd sussed out how to put it together it's very straightforward and baby Max seems very comfortable in it. Does still put a strain on my lower back if I walk any great distance but good for short journeys. Quite expensive I thought but is very sturdy and well made.
Published on 3 Jun 2009 by Mrs. G. Skillett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a dad who needs his hands free!, 8 Jun 2010

The Synergy is like an Air-Tex version of the normal Baby Bjorn. As summer approaches this is imperative as far as I am concerned. I tried on a friend's regular Baby Bjorn and sweated like a pig. The first time you put it on it takes some figuring out. But once on once it becomes second nature. Getting the baby in and out of it is not the easiest thing in the world. I tend to kneel by the bed and then scoop him to my chest and speed through all of the clips to not disturb him too much. Then the same in reverse on the way out. He gets joggled around a fair bit in the process. The most difficult catches to fasten are the string ones that clip above his legs. This takes some doing. However once he is in it is bliss. I still sweat where he sticks to me but that is the heat of the baby rather than the Baby Bjorn.

The Synergy has a back support and is very robust. I had the baby strapped to me for 4 hours the other day and it was fine. I went for a walk, did some emails and played Warcraft all without disturbing the little guy. He slept through. I regard this as an absolute must if your baby won't go down and you still need to get on with life.

Pros:
Breathable material so not too sweaty making
Good back support
Baby likes it and sleeps well in it
Excellent support for the baby. His head can't slam around and he is content
Both hands are free so you can get on with life and keep the baby happy

Cons:
Can be awkward getting him in an out
I am slim and there is a lot of excess strap from the harness hanging around me
String clips to support new born babies difficult to attach

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one, 24 Nov 2011
I feel compelled to review this based on the last review which gave it one star, which is their opinion but nonsense. Its a great product that my wife and I found invaluable. Our son (now 18 mths and moved onto a backpack carrier) loved being in it both from an early age (when he was facing in) and when he got older so was facing out. He often fell asleep in it, both ways, so clearly found it very very comfy. My wife is a back expert and loved it both from her point of view and our sons. I used it to carry him (when he was 4 mths old) on several long walks, 9+ miles, on holiday in the lakes and both of us found it brilliant. My recomendation is go buy one, its really nice to feel so close to your baby and don't worry about your back, pushing a pram is worse and you can get places where prams just don't go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one!, 17 Feb 2009
S. May (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Having done quite a lot of research on the numerous slings and baby carriers out there, I decided to go for the Babybjorn Active Baby Carrier and am pleased with my choice. This supercedes some of the earlier models giving better lumber support and though very slightly more expensive, in my opinion really worth the relatively small extra amount of money. I tend to struggle with lower back problems, but have found using this carrier comfortable and easy and haven't had any problems with my back using it for anywhere up to an hour and a half at a time.

It takes a little bit of getting used to finding the right fitting, but after you use it a few times it becomes second nature and getting the baby in and out easily is no problem whatsoever. I use it not only for walks but for also settle my girl if she's feeling fractious during 'the witching hour' of 5pm-6pm and overall she loves being in there. I highly recommend this if you want some flexibility and mobility to get around but with good support.

5.0 out of 5 stars BabyBjorn Active Carrier, 13 April 2010
John Allen "peashooter" (Barnsley, UK.) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent product which our new baby adores. It is easy to assemble and does not require two people to get baby in to the carrier. It is fully adjustable and very comfortable. My wife finds it particularly useful around the house so she can get things done! Our baby normally falls asleep in the carrier after about 5 minutes of being carried around the house. We have also found the carrier great for being out and about, particularly in shops where it is often too busy for our pram.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but still tough on my back, 3 Jun 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 12 Feb 2013
Very comfortable to carry baby in this baby carrier. Easy to use.
Baby loves being in the carrier and is so useful to keep your hands free when out with big kids.
Only one problem: the babies face squashes against the straps which are not padded and therefore must be very uncomfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have, 4 Oct 2010
I had another baby carrier before this one and I had very bad back pain. But as I still wanted to walk outside of tarmac footpaths, I decided to buy this new baby carrier. And it was a really good purchase! It is incredibly comfortable (for me and my baby), easy to use and machine washable. Now, I use it all the time, either to drop my baby at the nursery or when I go on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 8 Jan 2010
Beautiful Day (London, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this carrier as I had tried using 2 other carriers/slings with my baby and she didn't like either of them. So I chose it based on the fact it had good lumbar support and I also knew of other Mums that recommend BabyBjorn carriers, so I felt it was a good buy. It is comfortable to wear and looks stylish. The baby's height adjustment clip is a bit fiddly but it's a minor issue. It is quite expensive but is well made and is comfortable. My baby actually likes it too!!!! Overall would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Jun 2009
Mrs. R. E. Tucker "Tucker" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
We have a baby with Refulx and it is ideal for us as we have to hold him up for 30mins after each feed so this way we can have our hands free at the same time. We use this all the time too when we are zipping out to the shop and dont want to take the pram.

It has great support for your back and looks good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life-saver!!, 1 Feb 2009
T. Castle (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic baby carrier - easy to put on and take off without disturbing baby too much (if he/she is asleep in it) and a life saver around the house, when you are trying to get chores done, but baby wants your attention! Love it.

BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active (Dark Brown/Beige, Corduroy)
Used & New from: £110.64