5.0 out of 5 stars A Book To Remeber, 23 Feb 2003
Killing Mr Griffin is an extremely powerful novel that really gets into the mind of teenagers. This book is about a group of teenage students who hate their teacher because he is nasty to them, never gives them any compliments and he is always trying to put them down. The students decide to do something about it, so they kidnap Mr Griffin and end up accidently killing him. You can see how they react and all the lies they have to tell to cover up the mystery when Mr Griffin's wife questions them. You see all the emotions they go through, their panic and their guilt. This is a great book for around the age of 13-18. This is an extremely gripping story which sticks in your mind for a long time after you've read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to see it back in print, 19 Feb 2012
This review is from: Killing Mr Griffin (Kindle Edition)
An excellent book. I read it as a teenager and recently re-read it as an adult. It made me realise what great taste I had in books as a teenager! It's fascinating to learn about the different characters involved- each with their different reasons for their involvement, and each digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves. Lies upon lies, while, as a reader, you also get the unique insight into Mr Griffin himself - overly critical and pedantic, certainly, but essentially a good man with high standards and a determination to bring out the best in others. And his loyal and clever wife. The book gives you a glimpse of the impact of such ill thought-out actions on the shape of people's lives. I suppose the only disappointment was not feeling any real insight into the character of Mark. I didn't think there was any attempt to explain why he was the way he was. I'm sure nature has an influence, but it's not the whole story. What was his life like before the stuff with his dad and why did he develop to be the person he did?

The surprise for me was seeing references to "cell phones" (as our friends, the Americans call them) and Google. Now I'm no detective but something tells me this book has been updated before it was re-released. I have no idea whether anything else has been changed from the original, but would be interested to know. I am hopeful that the release of this book means other titles will be released soon. Until recently, I notice they were quite hard to get hold of.

Anyway, all in all, a very good book. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant nostalgia, 22 Nov 2009
JM (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I first read this many years ago when I was a teenager and loved it then. With all the teenage books appearing in the adult chart in the local supermarkets (ie Twilight, Evermore, etc), it got me thinking about the books I read as a kid, and browsing Lois Duncan on Amazon to see if my favourites were still available. I ordered my 3 absolute favourites and have just read Killing Mr Griffin (in a day)! Fantastic. Her books may be aimed at young adults but are still just as enjoyable to an adult who is way way past being a teenager. Clever, clever plot and wonderful story telling. Wonderful. Can't wait to reread the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book To Remeber, 23 Feb 2003