5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too
ONLY THE GOOD SPY YOUNG starts the reader off with heart-pounding suspense...as can be expected in the Gallagher Girl series.

Published on 9 July 2010 by TeensReadToo

3.0 out of 5 stars Variety essential!
I haven't read it, but my nine year old granddaughter loves this series. However, ensure that it is accompanied by more classic literature to develop taste and discrimination.
Published 19 months ago by Patricia

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 9 July 2010
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Cammie is on winter break in England with Bex and her MI-6 parents and an army of agents watching over her. But on New Year's while ice skating, she finds Zach watching her across the ice. All of a sudden, the rink goes dark and her Covert Ops teacher, Mr. Solomon, tries to steal her away. Cammie can't figure out why Mr. Solomon is being chased by MI-6 or why he would tell her to "follow the pigeons." It's after he jumps off a drawbridge to escape the agents that Cammie's world starts turning all over again.

Cammie is led to believe that Mr. Solomon is part of "The Circle" that tried to kidnap her before. If Cammie knew anything, it was that Mr. Solomon was one of the few people she could trust implicitly. She can't imagine he is part of The Circle or could harm her. But all evidence is pointing to just that.

When Cammie and Bex return to school to start their spring term, things have drastically changed. Cammie is forbidden to leave the grounds, and all the secret passageways she spent years discovering are gone. With the help of Bex, Liz, and Macey, the four girls are determined to figure out Mr. Solomon's cryptic message, and discover the secrets he wants her to know.

Of course, Zach, the dreamy Blackthorne boy who always seems to show up when Cammie is in the most danger, is figured prominently in ONLY THE GOOD SPY YOUNG. But Zach is connected to Mr. Solomon somehow, and again, Cammie doesn't know who she can believe in.

There is a new teacher at school, taking over Covert Ops, Mr. Townson. Cammie met him when she was debriefed in England after the attempted kidnapping by Mr. Solomon. Mr. Townson is hiding something, and Cammie and the girls don't trust him, either.

I can't tell you how frustrated I was when I got to the final page. I was like, "What? NO!!!" There is nothing like a total cliffhanger to leave the reader in eager anticipation for the next installment. Because there HAS to be a follow-up to this one; there HAS to be! According to Ms. Carter's website, she ultimately plans on six books. So, The Circle is still out there, mysteries abound as to what happened to Cammie's dad, and Cammie the Chameleon won't rest until she can bring closure.

As long as The Circle exists, Cammie will never be safe. If you've read the first three books in the Gallagher Girl series, you won't want to miss ONLY THE GOOD SPY YOUNG. The story delves deeper than the previous ones, and the action is continuous and exciting. Cammie is coming into her own, and Ms. Carter has added that extra element to this one to make the story even more addicting.

Reviewed by: Jaglvr

5.0 out of 5 stars I spy a great book!, 1 Mar 2011
Okay, first, sorry for the awful pun.
Second, i love these books. they are amazing. and i mean that for all ages. they're funny, quirky, exciting, dangerous and have romance added in. in my opinion, this book is the best so far as the plot line develops dramatically.
if in doubt, buy and read this book (though start at with the first one and stick with it) because this is one of my current favourite books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on the topic of spies ever written!, 4 Aug 2011
M. Parmley (UK) - See all my reviews
Only the good spy young by Ally Carter, is possibly one of the best books I have ever readon the topic of spies. This book, book four, is the last in the gallagher girls series so far and Is the best. Ally Carter teh well known and amazing authors shows her talents once again in the gallagher series.
I thought book one, two and three were the best and I wondered if Ally Carter could create another great plot but obviously she can. This book involves another love affair and a bit of romance with Cammie's love Zach, a winter holiday with Bex and her parents, a stay with the army and a sudden change of mood and location but also a clever plot revolving around the gallagher academy teacher Mr Solomon.
This is one of the most magical and mistical books I have ever read and I recommend this book for a present or just a little gift for yourself. I also recommend this book for ages around 10-16+.

I love this book very much and recommend it for you.

I hope this has been a help to you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant addition to the series, 13 Jun 2011
After reading the books before this one i eargerly awaited the day when it would be released. Thankfully i wasn't disappointed. After recieving the book i read it in one day and thoroughly enjoyed it. It still maintains the same excitement of earlier books but elaborates on the plot giving it an unpredictable ending which is amazingly enjoyable. It takes yu to the infamous Blackthorne institution for boys where Cammie faces challenges never met in earlier books and it brings the elusive Zach into the picture a bit more revealing more of his past to the readers.
Overall a brilliant book and an excellent sequel to the third Gallagher girls book. Can't wait for the next one in the series. If you like adventure with a spoonful of teenage angst that i recommend this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elite spy girl novel, 26 April 2011
Wow totally amazing storyline. I won't spoil anything for you, you have to buy this series though as each book gets better, but the base storyline continues from book 1 each book has an exciting event. You don't see them coming so surprises pop up. Most books I guess what happens next, not in these books. Early in series cam has love interest Josh, totally hot good guy who seems perfect in every way for cam other than he doesn't know she's avspy in training. Slight issue you may think! Then there's zach. Zach is a guy you love to gate, I've had my doubts throughout the series is he good or bad?..? Well either way you just love him, it's impossible not too! Now all I need is for book 5 to be written. Really they're that good. A great change from the amazing supernatural books I've read lately, this series holds it's own with the likes od vamp diaries etc...........

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gallagher Girls series still remains to be one of my favourite espionage series ever!, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Gallagher Girls 04: Only The Good Spy Young (Kindle Edition)
The Gallagher Girls series still remains to be one of my favourite espionage series ever! Expertly written and entertaining they will instantly draw out your inner spy. I have tried to space out reading these novels so they last longer… I am failing miserably; they are just so addictive! The covers I love! The UK covers are my favourite as they always contain a main aspect from the novel like a necklace or a ring.

Cammie Morgan has been through it all, but nothing can prepare her for the betrayal for one of her closest and most trusted allies. As Cammie is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Cammie cannot help feel she is being watched by the wrong people. But what she soon realises is you can't trust anyone, no matter who or what they are.

Cammie is an intelligent, determined, indépendant and truly-awesome character! Like before, she stays calm, plans efficiently and can be very secretive at times. However, she is very professional at all times and is not deterred from near-impossible situations. She is kind, friendly and will always do whats best for her friends and family. We also get appearances from Zach; their relationship is very adorable.

The plot of this novel was just as action-packed as the previous novels. Full of mystery and close-shave moments you will always be on the look out. Fast-pace and continuous there is never a dull moment; I would never have predicted some of the things that happened!

A brilliant fourth instalment to the Gallagher Girls series will have you begging for more, especially from that ending!

4.0 out of 5 stars Plot of this series really comes together..., 4 Jun 2013
Laura Hartley (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I would say that Only The Good Spy Young is definitely the most exciting in terms of plot. This book is filled with action and there are so many plot twists along the way. This book contains the most mystery as suspense as things are starting to come to a head. We have more information about the Circle of Cavan and what the threat is, though we still don't know why and that's what keeps you reading. I was disappointed that there wasn't more romance in this novel but it was brilliant nonetheless. As I said above, Zac continually pops up where Cammie is and it is starting to getting annoying as we don't really know much about who he is or what he's doing. By the end of the novel, Zac's story is a lot clearer and he is part of one of the biggest plot twists in the novel and I think his character will be sticking around.

As with book three, this book is less humorous than I would've liked as the plot has gotten a lot darker and more serious. The missions that Cammie and her friends embark on are not tests, but the real thing and the stakes are high. Cammie has really developed as a character and thinks for herself, instead of relying so heavily on her friends. This is the most serious of all the books as most situations are life or death, but they're not over the top or too silly. There have been a few moments whilst reading this series that I have rolled my eyes at the ridiculous, but stereotypical, spy equipment that has been used, but thankfully there wasn't too much of that in this novel. I feel like the circle of characters in this series is getting smaller and smaller as time goes on as it really starts to focus on Cammie and the threats that are posed to her but I didn't mind this. I actually think this is a good thing because it means that the books aren't full of useless waffle that you don't really need to know about that aren't relevant to the plot. I think the main characters were properly established in this novel and I'm pretty certain of who will be appearing in the subsequent books.

Only The Good Spy Young ends on the biggest cliffhanger yet and I'm so exciting to read Out Of Sight, Out Of Time. I thought that this series only had five books in it but then I found out there's a book six coming out late 2013/early 2014! If Out of Sight Out of Time ends on a major cliffhanger then I don't know how I'm going to survive until then. There are just so many things going on Only The Good Spy Young, in a good way, and my heart was pounding for Cammie during several moments. The story is really starting to come together now and this series really is going from strength to strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book!!!, 11 July 2014
This book was amazing. It was definitely darker and more serious than the other GG books, but this is honestly my favourite series!!! Seriously recommend it to girls between 12-14:):)

5.0 out of 5 stars Only the good spy young, 23 July 2014
Amazing book yet again. I love Gallagher Girls!! I would defiantly highly recommend this series to anyone because it is awesome :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 22 Jan 2014
I would highly recommend this book to teenage girls.
The fourth book in the series is one of the best