Format: DVD|Change

on 11 June 2009
Jane Horrocks stars in this film and does an amazing job of it...considering she done all of it with her own voice it is quite astounding. Not reccomended for children, Good story behind although I was slightly disapointed at the ending. Overall one to try out.
on 18 July 2000
I picked up this video because I knew Jane Horrock's other work in the London Donmar Warehouse production of Cabaret (Sally Bowles). I had no idea that I would be speechless over this video after I'd seen it, and that I would be recommending it to everyone I know. This is such a great piece of work with a stellar cast, and I loved it.
on 31 March 2015
Certainly a great premise for a story and the Scarborough setting perfectly conveys the feeling that this could be any time from the 50s to even present day. The film shared similarities with Kes - repressed daughter, overbearing mother, dubious boy friend of the mother and a passion driving the offspring on. It was bleak like Kes too. It relies heavily on the main characters. Brenda Blethyrn is a blisteringly accurate northern caricature almost painful in its accuracy or was it OTT? Jane Horrocks is good and can certainly sing but lacks charisma and sex appeal. You need that sass to be a diva. Scarborough looks fantastic almost fairytale like. There is one scene where its juxtaposed with New York - very clever. my only complaint would be the ending without giving it away. Michael Caine of whom I am a fan, ends disappointingly. He was a great character here. Its an oddly shaped story but not without merits.
on 2 April 2000
What a film. It really does take the p*** when a film from L.A that costs $200 millon (Titanic), manages to clean up at the oscars and is not even the same league as this work of art.
on 20 March 2008
Looking for a heart felt drama that is not too long? then Little Voice is for you.
Truly amazing acting & script writing.
Brenda Blethyn & Jane Horrocks make this movie.
on 18 January 2012
i love this film and ordered it for a friend as he haddnt seen it. He loved it british acting at its best and fast delivery thanks
on 30 March 2014
What a terrific actress Brenda B is. I absolutely love this woman!! She is so funny in this film as the blousy mother of LV. What talent Jane Horrocks has. You would think the actual singing stars like Marilyn Monroe and Ms.Bassey and Judy Garland were in this film. JH does all her own singing she is so clever. Brilliant funny and sad this film. Recommend to anyone.
on 5 October 2015
GREAT FILM BUT SHOULD HAVE JUST STUCK WITH THE DVD ,THE BLU RAY TRANSFER IS TERRIBLE WITH ONLY 5.1 IN SPANISH AND 2.1 IN ENGLISH ,THE PICTURE IS VERY GRAINY ,JUST A CHEAP TRANSFER BY A SMALL COMPANY PROBABLY, NOT AVAILABLE IN THIS COUNTRY YET ON BLU RAY SO SAVE YOUR MONEY AND WAIT TILL THERE'S A PROPER BLU RAY EDITION OUT.
on 4 June 2014
Great characters (if a little irritating at times) and superb acting by all. When I first saw this film, years ago, I was blown away when the final credits revealed that Jane Horrocks was actually singing LV's songs. I've been a huge admirer ever since. Recommended.
on 5 April 2011
One of my all time favourite films - funny, sad and memorable all at the same time. Could watch it over and over again. Great performances by Jane Horrocks,Brenda Blethyn and Michael Caine. Fantastic music and story line. Highly recommended