4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value
It works and does exactly what its supposed to. Picture and sound quality is good. My only complaint is the manual is not very clearly written, but are a bit of playing I worked out how to set it up and got it working.
Published 17 months ago by Mr. P. J. Morgan

For a product described as "Covert", this has two major short-comings:

1. The infra-red LEDs providing "night vision" illumination glow red, making this very obviously not a real PIR detector. The wavelength is around 850 nm which is ALMOST invisible, but not quite. Some other products use 940 nm LEDs which is completely invisible.

2. The USB port...
Published on 16 Jan 2012 by Tim

3.0 out of 5 stars "Covert" Night Vision IR LEDs visibly glow red - not very covert!, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: High Definition Covert PIR Cam with Built in DVR + Infra Red Night Vision (Electronics)
For a product described as "Covert", this has two major short-comings:

2. The USB port and TF (micro SD) card slot are clearly visible on the side of the device meaning that any close inspection of the device reveals its true nature, i.e. not a PIR detector.

The actual motion detection does not use PIR technology, but instead analyses the camera's image for changes above a certain configurable threshhold. Detection/triggering works ok given sufficient illumination.

Picture quality is pretty good, considering the tiny lens. Sound is quite clear too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 21 April 2013
Mr. P. J. Morgan "P J Morgan" (MTV London) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality video image..but problems!, 16 Dec 2012
This spy cam seems quite good, but after setting up the date and time stamp I switched the camera off for a few minutes to simulate power loss, but when I then did a test video the date stamp had reverted to 2011 (from 2012) and the time was also wrong.

So it seems this camera needs to be set up then left plugged and undisturbed in order not to revert to its default 2011 date/time stamp.

Personally Ive lost confidence in the ability of this unit to go on working for weeks or months and maintain a valid time/date stamp, and I think this could be the reason why the instructions say to always check the camera periodically to ensure its functioning ok.

Update
Now I cant get it to work properly and there is NO support website listed nor any forums anywhere on the web to help me out. Avoid! unless you want a pile of problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality pic, and works with my mac, 1 Sep 2011
I've been using this PIR cam for a week now and I'm still struck by how good the quality of the recording is. Even in low light it's a pretty impressive picture.

Mine came with a 4GB card already in it which is enough for about two hours of video recording. The price of SD cards are so cheap now though that it's worth buying a 32GB one and putting that in it.

As a bonus it seems to work perfectly with my Mac as well so that's very helpful. I had to find a video player that could read the AVI files but once I did that it worked perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seemed to be the ideal security product for me but just didnt even power up, 15 May 2013
mellowtones (California, US) - See all my reviews
Do any of these security products work properly? Ive tried several now and I was optmisitic this was fairly priced at 77 and would do the motion detection including night surveillance function. Instead I got a pir cam that was dead as a dodo, wouldnt even power up. They agreed to replace the product which I received fairly quickly but that was dead as a dodo aswell. I tried both pir's with different micro sd cards knowing that the cards had worked fine in another device I'd had previously. Also tried a different plug outlet just to be sure, reset unplugged etc several times.
In21 told me both returned products were tested and worked fine, as Im not a liar make of this firm what you will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding Picture Quality, 30 Sep 2011
After using this I am astonished at how good the picture quality is. I expected it to be decent, but I didn't realise you could buy a small cam with such a large quality picture. The infra red night vision is very cool and works better than anticipated. Being small it is easy to hide and the remote works well.

I have been able to record a good two hours of footage using the 4gb memory card. I would recommend this to anyone, it is well worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera, 5 Oct 2011
A grand piece of kit that covers all my driveway and works a treat. One minor problem I have is that the bushes across the other side of my drive also trigger the PIR but then parked the car across that side a solved the problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 2 May 2012
The picture quality is not High Definition but still good for a small device as this. Movement detection in daylight outside and indoors is very good, but found that at night time it worked only within a range of about 4m at it's highest sensitivity setting. The settings can only be altered using a PC not a Mac. However I can view the AVI videos on my Mac with the free VLC player. If the ball socket for the viewing adjustment is a bit stiff a little silicon spray will help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Good Product, 8 May 2013
We purchased this item as we had a problem with items going missing from store. I choose it because it does not require hard wiring and we did not need a full system. However, as has been noted by others there some drawbacks; 1. it has a power cable that will hang down and may be a give away, also anyone in the room could switch the power off. 2. It has an infra-red light for night vision, which is visible, but not when lights are on. 3. If you set up the camera remotely and then unplug from the computer and power to move it to the room it is being used in it will lose all the time/date settings.

Having said the above, it worked well for us and we caught the person responsible!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 29 Oct 2012
I was looking for a standalone SD card memory camera with IR etc and this fits the bill perfectly. The device can overwrite older videos if the card fills up (get a big card!) , and the remove control is a good idea

Apart from the covert nature ( I agree with other review which says the device is pretty obviously different from a a standard PIR) , this did exactly what I wanted.
The picture quality is good and the device shows up on my Mac OSX laptop fine. I did have to configure device on a windows machine but that was a one off ... and then I noticed there is a text file which can be modified with the settings anyways, so I couldve done it all without Windows.