on 23 September 2012
I'm a bit late to the Somewhere in the City party, stumbling across them on a wet bank holiday Monday while listening to 6Music earlier this year. The track Cigar Store Indian came on and I was transported back to the early 70s, when I was a young child and the lush harmonies of Laurel Canyon were all over the airwaves. I was instantly hooked. Turns out Zervas & Pepper are a young couple from Cardiff but they have everything it takes - gorgeous harmonies and strong songs. I bought this album on the strength of Cigar Store Indian and wasn't disappointed. If you like laid back harmonies, you'll love this.
on 8 January 2013
Amazing chill vibe. Fantastic sound. They should be getting more air-play on mainstream radio. I'd be very surprised if not appearing at major festivals next year. (Are you listening Ms Eavis?)