on 19 May 2013
My electric guitar suffers from a slack jack socket, probably due to age and use. This results in unwanted crackles and pops. A friend of mine uses the original Planet Waves design of Compression Cable on his Bass Guitar which suffers with the same problem. These second generation Compression Cables feel as good or better, and provide a rock firm fit of jack plug to guitar socket. I doubt it would pull out even if you stood on the cable! Well done D'Addario! (Your strings ain't bad either!).
on 7 February 2014
I initially bough this cable to replace my old cheap cable. The results were amazing. I used to have my tone turned down at minimum due to white noise which I thought was caused due to me using a cheap practice amp. When I used my new cable I was amazed that I can now have the tone at maximum with absolutely no white noise at all. Definitely top quality and could not recommend this cable enough.
on 16 September 2014
I needed an extra pair of reasonably long cables to get the most out of my TC Electronic Flashback Delay x4, and understood it sound much better and less distorted going out of the back of the amp and its effects loop as opposed to the pedalboard I have with distortion pedals etc. I bought these as the're an ideal length for putting the pedals just in front of the amp - I don't need long cables as I'm a bedroom guitarist, so if you are gigging you should stick to longer cables. I decided the shorter the better and the cleaner the tone. I've used Planet Waves cables for a while now and have not had a single problem yet. They are sturdy, well put together, reasonably priced and tick all the boxes. Highly reccommended but remember to bear in mind it is quite a short length for other purposes.
on 17 March 2014
I've started using Planet Waves leads as the are the only ones that I don't manage to break in 6 months. No crackling and solid quality feel.
on 23 February 2014
Quality Item at good price
Gives a great sound at the amp
Very robust construction making it ideal for gig use
on 9 October 2014
Had on of these for some time and this new one doesn't disappoint. It's just as good as the original although I would have liked to have seen the retention of the colour coded rings on the jacks - much easier to see in dim light than the small writing on one end. A minor gripe as the cable itself is excellent, tramnsmitting nothing but the sound of the guitar!
on 17 June 2015
Finally, a decent quality lead which works and stays working! I have been using and abusing this lead now for nearly a year and it still performs like new. If it broke tomorrow, it wouldn't owe me anything at that price but, in fact, it's showing no signs of wear at all. Top notch for the price.
on 10 June 2014
Been a guitarist for... 14 years now, and I'd say these are the best cables I've used so far. Fantastic build quality, look great, haven't failed on me or worn in any way since I got them... I really could go on but the bottom line is, they are certainly worth their money.
on 20 October 2014
maybe I got a dud, worked fine for 6 months , then the springs collapsed in. This caused the connection to loosen and become unusable. Before that though I was impressed with the sound, bassier than the american stage series, maybe not as clear. Shame it broke.
on 24 May 2014
I haven't had these long, but my impression is that they're built to last. The length of the cables feel sturdy, with the compression springs locking securely into the sockets on my guitar and amp.